Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Guess Hoovies Final Pimp

Hoovie

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hoovie

• Fujisan

• flexy7

• dave.m

I know it's after midnight...

What ???? Duncerduncs needs a new watch...or are you still working on train timetable time ;) ;) ;)

I say Carputer with motorised pop out sat nav screen

And automatic teas maid machine in glove box :D :D :D

Self repairing, re-inflating, TPS re-setting, donut fixing RFT pop up fixing tyre machine that folds flat under the boot carpet??? :rolleyes: Oh that's right you dont need one, but you could keep it handy just in case Duncs needs it :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Me + the misses nodded off for a while there, has anyone won yet?? Havent had this much fun since the britains got talent final, any way are you going to make it fly?

flyingcar.jpgrav4.jpg

This chap clearly loves his rav!!!!!!!

Sorry for delay - I could get onto forum, but not post replies ??

Right - All suggestions in - and some very good ones :thumbsup:

I especially like the concept of:

Performance Chip .... if anyone can find one for the VVT-i, bring it on :)

Kendal mint cake dispenser ..... add that to next years list ;)

Cheese board and sweet trolley ..... More for your Landrover to provide catering while waiting for recovery truck

But the winner is .... drum roll ......

As I said, TTE roof spoiler. ;)

Not sure if it is a TTE one, or if they are all TTE ones, but it is the Smoked Roof Spoiler :thumbsup: Not to be fitted now this weekend as lashing down (for a change :rolleyes: )

And the most absurd suggestion yet on how to improve a RAV4 was an easy decision B) ...... and the winner by a country mile is ......

.............its got to be Run Flat Tyres and ditch the spare.

So Competition over, I have filled all suggestions for improvements away to consider next year :yes:, except the RFT idea, which is filed away in the round thing under the desk :P

Dave M, Anchorman - please post or PM the names of your charities and I will send the wonga :thumbsup:

And thanks for playing, all - nice bit of fun for a washed out Friday evening :lol: :D :)

Cheese board and sweet trolley ..... More for your Landrover to provide catering while waiting for recovery truck

Not sure if it is a TTE one, or if they are all TTE ones, but it is the Smoked Roof Spoiler :thumbsup: Not to be fitted now this weekend as lashing down (for a change :rolleyes: )

And the most absurd suggestion yet on how to improve a RAV4 was an easy decision B) ...... and the winner by a country mile is ......

So Competition over, I have filled all suggestions for improvements away to consider next year :yes:, except the RFT idea, which is filed away in the round thing under the desk :P

Dave M, Anchorman - please post or PM the names of your charities and I will send the wonga :thumbsup:

And thanks for playing, all - nice bit of fun for a washed out Friday evening :lol: :D :)

Great fun topic Hoovie.. :thumbsup: + good decisions, can the wife + i go to bed now, as we have been up all night awaiting the results.. :lol::lol:

Not sure if it is a TTE one, or if they are all TTE ones, but it is the Smoked Roof Spoiler :thumbsup: Not to be fitted now this weekend as lashing down (for a

I have one of those.....

DSCF1236.jpg

DSCF1237.jpg

Top Pimp ......................Hey we could make up our own RAV card game here, "Top Pimps" .....T180 RFT is a -100 points though.....Spare whell on bavk is a +1000 pointer though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and no Huggie Bear in site :afro: :afro: :afro:

Top Pimp ......................Hey we could make up our own RAV card game here, "Top Pimps" .....T180 RFT is a -100 points though.....Spare whell on bavk is a +1000 pointer though :lol::lol::lol::lol: and no Huggie Bear in site :afro::afro::afro:

Or maybe a RAV4 Board game?

Chance cards like ....

"You get a flat tyre and have a Spare" - miss one turn

"You get a flat tyre and have a T180" - miss 8 turns

"Your DMF fails. Go Directly to a Toyota Dealer and throw the dice. Double-six and they will repair FOC as goodwill gesture, otherwise pay banker £1,000 to continue in game"

Thanks for close-up photos of Spoiler, Chatman :thumbsup: - they will be very handy when (if!) the rain stops and I get a chance to fit it

I did like the Blue Lights for sure :thumbsup: I think the polic may take a dim view of them, mind! (I am tempted to replace the bulbs in the driving lights with blue tinted ones - that may fool the wrinklies down here to move over for me :)

Not THAT keen on the crown, though :D

:angry: My suggestions were much better, I think you've made the wrong choice ! It's not too late to send it back.(Just don't damage the packaging.)gallery_44539_509_60984.jpggallery_44539_509_1120.jpg:thumbsup:

I like the bejewelled Toyota Badge...Very tasteful.... :unsure::unsure::lol: :lol: :lol:

:o Blinkin' unadulterated plagiarism I call that (see below), this competition was rigged from the start I reckon. ITV phone votes have nothing on this, blah, blah.............. :D

I did like Dave Ms install :thumbsup: £50 was a bargain I reckon, but I am gonna have to save that for next year as I am fully Pimped out wallet-wise (I have two more items to fit but they are a surprise so you will have to wait and see ;) )
One of them wouldn't be the multi media system that Chatman hoisted out of that citreon at the motor show would it?

:g:

Nah, obviously run flat tyres and a dual mass flywheel for his petrol engine....

Ok, I'll get me coat. :unsure:

.......and talking of unadulterated plagiarism, here's my contribution to the summer '08 (which day was that exactly?) bling my pimp with the RAV4 massiv posse (I'm good at this youth speak 'init? :lol: ). :rolleyes:

I can't compete with the excellent Emperor Bling (Hoovie) :toast: and prince of bling Local Hero, but I've added my own bar and grill :eat:

Grill a la Local Hero's and bars supplied by resident parts supremo Kingo (Thanks Kingo, everything arrived on time, in perfect condition :thumbsup:).

(Like, you've never seen a RAV with side bars and shiny grill before :rolleyes:)................

bling.jpg

Did they remove the back door spoiler from the face-lifted 4.2 then Hoovie? One thing maybe to think about before it goes on, is that they did have a tendency to collect rain water and pour it on you when you opened the door. Not sure what you can do about it though, so just go for it :unsure:

Cheers

:lol: You could always register as a private ambulance.. :yes:gallery_44539_509_4331.jpg I'll finish off my contributions with a nice pic of a Devon sunset.

Would have been a brilliant photo...if it was not for the blinking car in it...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Re the Rear Spoiler, I have only really seen them on the 3-Door RAVs in fact (I think both pre and post 2003 4.2 models). I said it before and I'll say it again ... that extra bit of chrome on the Grill really does look nice :thumbsup:

Good news on the rain collection :( - I wonder if I removed a few mil from the tape near each side to make a channel, that that would allow the rain to run off :g: - have to have a think about.

Where was that taken, Flexy? I am guessing North Devon?

(PS - I reckon the Camry is a fine looking motor - never understood why they were not that popular here but #1 car in US)

Grill a la Local Hero's and bars supplied by resident parts supremo Kingo (Thanks Kingo, everything arrived on time, in perfect condition :thumbsup: ).

(Like, you've never seen a RAV with side bars and shiny grill before :rolleyes: )................

bling.jpg

Have those side bars got plastic end-caps each end? if so, check them regualry that they are secure.

If they are like the 4.2 side bars, the pop-rivet (blind-rivet) tend to break after a while and the caps can then just fall off! I have lost two caps (replaced under warrenty by Mr T), re-riveted all mine on again - and actually done a couple twice.

Re the Rear Spoiler, I have only really seen them on the 3-Door RAVs in fact (I think both pre and post 2003 4.2 models). I said it before and I'll say it again ... that extra bit of chrome on the Grill really does look nice :thumbsup:

Good news on the rain collection :( - I wonder if I removed a few mil from the tape near each side to make a channel, that that would allow the rain to run off :g: - have to have a think about.

Yep, spoiler was standard on at least the 4.2 VX. So there was one on my 4.2 VX and hence the one on Chatman's. I wouldn't loose sleep over the rain collection, but I have seen more than one whine about it in the past and it did used to drip on me a bit. So, if there's something easy and subtle you can do to stop (or lessen) it, that might be a little improvement.

Thanks about the grill. Personally, I think they should have chromed all the 4.3 grills, but then what would they give the T180/SR180/XTR owners? :unsure:

I thought about you and the side bar end caps when I was fitting the bars this morning. Yes, they are plastic. However, there are no rivets. Looking at the fitting instructions they were push fit DIY up to a certain production date, then pre-fitted afterwards. These were pre-fitted and are very tightly push fit inside the bar - I can't budge 'em. Anyway, thanks, after your previous comments, I intend to keep an eye on the caps anyway. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Yes the rain droplets do get into the boot when opening it... but I just let the wife or daughter open the boot :naughty::laughing: :laughing:

It's not much that gets in anyway....

:toast::toast::toast: your local branch of Mac Millan nurses will be fine for me, and tell you what,

I'll even do the same up here :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:toast::toast::toast: your local branch of Mac Millan nurses will be fine for me, and tell you what,

My Pleasure :yes:

Good on yer :thumbsup:

My Pleasure :yes:

Good on yer :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

i was more thinking about LPG so he could (may be) beat me on £ / MPG :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links