Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gear Change

cbcbarnes

It would seem this is not a new issue but need to know if any solution has been found,my recently purchased rav4 diesel 05 has the lumpy change from 1st to 2nd never noticed it at first but after the 40000 service it seemed to be worse ,its now getting on my nerves ,is it possible to put in other oil to help or does anyone have any solutions or do i just live with it,also noticed that the roof seals stick up just in front of the doors ,this seems to be a common fault as i have noticed others with the same,any comments welcome

Not really. Morris oils do a GL5 75W80 oil rather than the recommended GL5 75W90. You could try that but don't expect miracles. It will make it slightly better when cold (they are usually much more acceptable when warm anyway).

The roof side mouldings are heated during fitting and stuck to the body. The attached pdf shows the process so you can decide whether to have a go at improving them. Maybe some of the 4.2 guys have already done it?

roof_side_moulding.pdf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links