Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lc4 Trip Computer Missing!

firemac

What about one of these:

http://www.scangauge.com/

They're available in UK gallons and plug into the socket above the throttle. I'm seriously tempted.

Yea, it looks pretty cool. But the problem is that it will look like some kid's Souped up Peugeot 206 in the end. I'd rather just be without it then.

Well said. Fact is that I shouldn't need to pay $170 for a piece of non-designed crap when I've spent £30K+ on what is supposed to be a quality product! LR wouldn't screw up like this (even if they haven't quite managed the reliability thing yet...) :angry:

Perhaps we should approach Toyota about this?

What about one of these:

They're available in UK gallons and plug into the socket above the throttle. I'm seriously tempted.

Yea, it looks pretty cool. But the problem is that it will look like some kid's Souped up Peugeot 206 in the end. I'd rather just be without it then.

Well said. Fact is that I shouldn't need to pay $170 for a piece of non-designed crap when I've spent £30K+ on what is supposed to be a quality product! LR wouldn't screw up like this (even if they haven't quite managed the reliability thing yet...) :angry:

Yes, we could but it would probably be considered to be not a big deal. As I said before, Toyota probably have some s/w scanning sites like this to pick up negative vibes so I'd be surprised if something hasn't already been filed. In the past however I've found that, despite the excellent service I've had from our several Toyotas over the years - including very good dealers - as a company they aren't very good at hearing what few complaints there may be. I can only guess what their customer clinics must be like.

What hacks me off though is that, on its own the lack of a TC ain't a big deal; it's only when you've been used to having mpg & speed data available that the absence of the facility is much more noticable - and annoying. Moreso when you consider that there probably is a way to access the TC info for minimal cost because the data is already available in the engine's ECU!

What about one of these:

Yes, we could but it would probably be considered to be not a big deal. As I said before, Toyota probably have some s/w scanning sites like this to pick up negative vibes so I'd be surprised if something hasn't already been filed. In the past however I've found that, despite the excellent service I've had from our several Toyotas over the years - including very good dealers - as a company they aren't very good at hearing what few complaints there may be. I can only guess what their customer clinics must be like.

What hacks me off though is that, on its own the lack of a TC ain't a big deal; it's only when you've been used to having mpg & speed data available that the absence of the facility is much more noticable - and annoying. Moreso when you consider that there probably is a way to access the TC info for minimal cost because the data is already available in the engine's ECU!

I would also be uite surprised if there wasn't facility to hook up the Trip computer! I must say though, when I part exchanged my 56 plate Verso for the Landcruiser, I knew full well of the lack of a TC. It was disappointing, but for me it was such a huge upgrade to a car I've always wanted, I was happy to be without. I mean, I get around 400 miles from a tank with mostly town driving, so a trip computer is pretty much useless for me. All the telemetry provided by the TC are a nice to have for me, but it doesn't really affect my day-to-day life with the car - only my perception of its level of technology is affected.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links