Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Rav - Couple Of Questions

Alshine

Dave / Chris.. laser/water jetting? Ihad in mind gilbow snips + a rubber mallet and a lot of filing :unsure:

Careful with your big hammer around that plastic bumper! :bangin::lol::lol::lol:

Dave / Chris.. laser/water jetting? Ihad in mind gilbow snips + a rubber mallet and a lot of filing :unsure:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: wow, would forget that if I were you Stew.

And good news if you have the XT-R, or any other model without spare. Took my paper template with me this AM

when getting service done to compare with Rav's with spare. Outside edge of bumper looks the same to me :thumbsup:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: wow, would forget that if I were you Stew.

You may scoff, my idea was a thick wooden template, cut plate to shape+3/8" on curved edge, then cut another pieceof wood,then sandwich plate between, leaving 3/8" sticking out. a few g cramps then beat out a nice little lip with rubber mallet, file edge, (as my laser has run out at the mo) then 3M tape, poss a couple of pop rivets :thumbsup:

anyway some closer pics of my existing protector, 110 of those metric thingys longx17 at each end+24 in the centre, and there is £5 clearance below the door. See picsprotectionplate006.jpg

protectionplate005.jpg

protectionplate004.jpg

protectionplate003.jpg

Not scoffing Stew, honest :no::no:

Good idea actually :yes::yes: were you a tinbasher in a previous life ?

£5 gap, yes I was laughing :yes::yes: :lol2: :lol2:

Well call me Mr Grumpy but I like the subtle look and black tyres -_-

Protector.jpg

Incidentally, that black protector shown on mine should be removed before the big one like Stews is fitted. If it appears from underneath the big protector it is a sign of a lazy fitter!

protectremove.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links