Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr180 Vs Xtr

Doug1

Hi guys, am back again but still got a heed full of mince......

Would i be better off buying a SR180 or a Xtr 2.2?

The SR180 am looking at is Jun 08 and has the usual standard stuff, also sat nav as an extra...£21,100....1500mls

The Xtr is Mar 08 and has leather, also a style pack... £19,500...2100mls Quartz Grey.

would i be kicking myself if i went for the lower bhp???

Going into Toyota Aberdeen 2moro for a look and maybe a deal ;)

Any comments would help me clear my heed

Cheers

Doug

Hi guys, am back again but still got a heed full of mince......

Would i be better off buying a SR180 or a Xtr 2.2?

The SR180 am looking at is Jun 08 and has the usual standard stuff, also sat nav as an extra...£21,100....1500mls

The Xtr is Mar 08 and has leather, also a style pack... £19,500...2100mls Quartz Grey.

would i be kicking myself if i went for the lower bhp???

Going into Toyota Aberdeen 2moro for a look and maybe a deal ;)

Any comments would help me clear my heed

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug

Personally I'd go for the SR180, firstly for the extra power and secondly because there aren't many about! :D

You have to ask yourself how happy you are with the run flat situation on the SR180 (do you mind paying between £200 & £350 per tyre?), if that puts you off an XT-R with a power chip from Kingo would be a good compromise :thumbsup:

Doug1,

I'll go for the the XT-R and add a power chip from kingo....Those runflats are a joke and will cost you dearly in the end....No matter how good the RAV SR180 is and they are...it is let down by the run flats..TGB has no remorse for sad T/SR 180 owners having to foot the £££££££ bill to fit tyres following a puncture/new.....

Of course the above is my opinion and not yours...but just search the threads for the run flat issues and then make your mind up..... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Doug1,

I'll go for the the XT-R and add a power chip from kingo....Those runflats are a joke and will cost you dearly in the end....No matter how good the RAV SR180 is and they are...it is let down by the run flats..TGB has no remorse for sad T/SR 180 owners having to foot the £££££££ bill to fit tyres following a puncture/new.....

Of course the above is my opinion and not yours...but just search the threads for the run flat issues and then make your mind up..... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Cheers Chatman for the reply,

How much of an increase of bhp do you get from the power chip from Kingo??? and how does it effect the engine lifespan?

Any idea of a price of these chips?

Cheers

PS... you have gave me another nightmare to think about now ;) ....but a nice one ha ha

Hi Doug, welcome to TOC.

LocalHero has a 2.2D Rav with a powerchip and has recently posted a report of how well it worked blowing away some unsuspecting drivers :)

I didn't like the Toyota Run Flat system and would have been wary about them, but with some recent posts regarding them, I don't think I would touch them ever now! :eek:

PS - of those two cars, I would have thought there should be a bigger gap in the price :g:

Buy an XT-R with leather, run it a couple of months before making mods to let you form an opinion

of performance. If you think you need more, fit the chip :thumbsup:

Buy an XT-R with leather, run it a couple of months before making mods to let you form an opinion

Sounds a good idea Dave,

Was going into Aberdeen today, but the weather is pretty poor for test driving.

Leather is a must have for the RAV, But what about the style pack, when i go to the Toyota web page to configure you Rav4 it says that the side steps are not an option for the XTR :( am i missing something or is it right enough????

Sounds a good idea Dave,

Leather is a must have for the RAV, But what about the style pack, when i go to the Toyota web page to configure you Rav4 it says that the side steps are not an option for the XTR :( am i missing something or is it right enough????

The style pack on the XT-R is different to the rest of the range, the cheapest way to get side steps is to order them from Parts_King and fit them yourself :thumbsup:

P.S Go for the SR180... if you don't I'll use my secret weapon :lol:

kenny_craig.jpg

Look into my eyes...

Resist!!

"You may hate them, but they'll get you home..." then you have to remortage your home for the new tyres so you can take the car out again ;)

Sounds a good idea Dave,

Her's a photo of my XT-R with side steps :rolleyes::rolleyes:

100_0454.jpg

And here's a photo of the aftermarket wheel and tyre I bought, and Toyota can stick the runflats

where the sun dont shine, and the silly repair kit. ;)

100_0365.jpg

P.S Go for the SR180... if you don't I'll use my secret weapon :lol:

kenny_craig.jpg

Look into my eyes...

Dunc....you had your hair cut then.....

Think of the tyres think of the tyres hypnosis.jpg

Look most on here would love a T/SR 180 but the fact is those blinking RFT are useless and let the Toyota down and TGB....It's your money and we are here to offer some sound advise and knowledge from owning RAV's of all shape and sizes (5 door being the best though :rolleyes: ) and a Diesel...................Some may never get a puncture but would not expect a small debt of a third world country to fix it....some have even been off the road for a week while Toyota try and change the tyre ha ha but simply in this day and age of technology...a simple fact that a tyre can render your vehicle and bank balance seriously in the s***....

Good luck in your choice, be what ever it is....Keep in touch on here and some sound advise is always given.....sometimes a bit wayward and other times a bit off the beaten track...but we like a good laugh and giggle...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

When you go for the test drive might be worth asking Toyota Aberdeen if they have the run-flat changing equipment. Not all dealers have.

When you go for the test drive might be worth asking Toyota Aberdeen if they have the run-flat changing equipment. Not all dealers have.

[/quot

Aye that's a good point, am sure they will point me in the right direction!!!

Looks like the XT-R is looking good but think i will be looking at a nearly new one instead of buying new.

I see Toyota are doing a good deal just now on brand new XT-R's, £1600 off list price.

Will wait and see what Aberdeen says this week.

With the RFT's it's a gamble you take, as i have been driving 20yrs and never had a flat...(kiss of death now)

But i see where you guys are coming from, spending ££££££££ on a tyre and not to say it will happen again the following week :( So i think the XT-R is the safer option

Cheers for your info and thoughts on the matter.

Will keep you posted when i take the plunge

Doug

Hello there, i have a new xtr with a style pack which includes side steps and a front bumper bar....and it looks great. I've drove 4000 miles and its feeling better and better. I hated the 2.2d at first...but now i really like it but i might chip it in the near future. I like the sr180 but the wheels sound a nightmare....good luck choosing.

Hello there, i have a new xtr with a style pack which includes side steps and a front bumper bar....and it looks great. I've drove 4000 miles and its feeling better and better. I hated the 2.2d at first...but now i really like it but i might chip it in the near future. I like the sr180 but the wheels sound a nightmare....good luck choosing.

Cheers for the reply

Could you forward any photo's of your XT-R?

Thanks

Doug

I have an XT4 with a chip from kingo, and like to think it gives me the best of both worlds, a spare wheel and a little extra performance, like others say IMO get an XTR if you want the cleaner lines of no spare and run it for a month or so, if you feel you could use a little extra power then add a chip £400 from kingo, it won't turn it into a racing car or a T180 for that matter, Kingo reckons +20% min power increase, so 136 bhp + 20% approx 165bhp, You will feel a difference, but like me you may still wonder about that extra 15 bhp the T180 offers, plus with the T180 you get larger wheels and flared arches and a few other goodies, but alas you also get runflats, so its a tough decision mate, The only downside to the "chip" is i believe it affects the accuracy of the obc with regards to fuel consumption figs but they are pretty inaccurate anyway, and the " chip" if anything slightly improves mpg, so its your choice mate.. :thumbsup:

I didn't find the runflats to be a problem.

Economy on sr180 was pretty good too about 37 where our 2.2d gets about 40. sr180 engine is extremely nice in the SUV. Quick SUV yet good on economy if run over distance.

hmmm tough call - personally i'd go for the XTR because you get lots of nice addons and you can easily chip it and make it just as quick if not quicker than the t180. I've said this because i'm comparing the sr180 rav to my t180 auris which is noticeably quicker and more agile. The difference between the 2.0d auris and the 2.2 auris is noticeable but the difference between the 2.2d 150 and 2.2d 180 isn't as bigger difference so i would go for 2.2 150 XTR with the nice extra touches, leather if you can and chip installed.

Arnold Clark Aberdeen phoned tonight with a price for a brand new XT-R 2.2 (which they can get in 10days) which has a deal on right now of £2000 of list price making it £19200. I have £6200 to put towards the differance, i cant take it in that my 07 plate Audi has dropped £10,000 in 18mths :crybaby:

So it,s make my mind up time and see what the wife says :eek:

Will up date you with the progress

doug if you simply google rav4xtr best price, there are dealers doing even better prices http://www.carpricechecker.co.uk/new/TOYOTA/RAV4/XT-R/prices I don't know any details. thats for you to research but it would appear that you can get anXTR D4D for about £17,300 if nothing else it gives you bargaining power :thumbsup:

Hi Doug, welcome to TOC.

LocalHero has a 2.2D Rav with a powerchip and has recently posted a report of how well it worked blowing away some unsuspecting drivers :)

I didn't like the Toyota Run Flat system and would have been wary about them, but with some recent posts regarding them, I don't think I would touch them ever now! :eek:

PS - of those two cars, I would have thought there should be a bigger gap in the price :g:

whats the deal with the power chip? how much is it and can it be fitted my self?

whats the deal with the power chip? how much is it and can it be fitted my self?
There are many companies doing powerchips, and they range from £100> £1000 if you want a genuine Toyota one, My car is the 136 bhp 2.2 d4d

I notice that you have a T180, these can be chipped up to 215 bhp, but i have no experience of this, i bought mine off Kingo, but i don't think he has one for the T180, try googling, diesel tuning, or alternately TUNIT who have loads of info on their website, Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Just had a call from Arnold Clark Aberdeen, their Demo is up for grabs, Aug 08 SR180 1250mls, Sat Nav Black £16500........mmmmmmmm?????

Just had a call from Arnold Clark Aberdeen, their Demo is up for grabs, Aug 08 SR180 1250mls, Sat Nav Black £16500........mmmmmmmm?????

According to the Toyota price list the new price is £23045.

This represents a 28.5% discount for a 2 month old car with a 34 month warranty.

I think it shows how desperate dealers are to sell cars - all marques are affected and there are some incredible bargains out there. If you have no trade-in you are laughing.

Suppose it depends on whether you can cope with the run flat system hassle/expense.

Mind you, at this price you could afford one or two new run flat tyres.

One other point. I understand from previous comments on this forum that the RAV range will have a major upgrade for/in 2009.

Good luck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links