Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Performance Figures

nrgizerbunny

Right, there was no wind today, so I hooked up my 5hz GPS system to my carputer and did some 0-100kph (62mph) times. I got

8.1s

8.3s

7.8s

7.6s

7.6s

I think this proves the toyota figures aren't right. because i'm using fairly accurate gear (5hz GPS) and the road was wet! I think if you had wider tyres and dry road, you could get it in <7.5s

Also, while I was at it i also put my foot down to see how fast the car would go, I got to 137mph before i ran out of runway.

Some good figures there! :thumbsup:

Runway? CTS meet then? :D

i did 0-60 runs in my car, and i managed 6.89 seconds with spare wheel removed! and i fully feel i could get slightly less with a better take off.

vagweb.co.uk states 6.83 for the 2003 corolla i got 6.89 so that i believe is accurate.

also dont forget the road is wet, those times you gave are the ones top gear gave aswell and the road was wet, im sure you got a bit off wheel spin some places, i always get wheel spin when 1st gear lift kicks in and the road is wet. Do it on a dry flat road i can guarentee youll be low sevens or might get around 6.8

wait a moment i your times are really good considering, you did 0-62 i did flat out 0-60!

doesnt going over 60 need 3rd gear?

wait a moment i your times are really good considering, you did 0-62 i did flat out 0-60!

doesnt going over 60 need 3rd gear?

2nd gear will take me past 60

Right, there was no wind today, so I hooked up my 5hz GPS system to my carputer and did some 0-100kph (62mph) times. I got

8.1s

8.3s

7.8s

7.6s

7.6s

I think this proves the toyota figures aren't right. because i'm using fairly accurate gear (5hz GPS) and the road was wet! I think if you had wider tyres and dry road, you could get it in <7.5s

Also, while I was at it i also put my foot down to see how fast the car would go, I got to 137mph before i ran out of runway.

Were these times recorded whilst driving as hard as possible i.e 4k RPM Start and powershifting from 1st to 2nd?

Glad to see you beat the official time on each run :thumbsup:

well im certain i could have sailed past 140 on the track, hit 135 with ease with a passenger, had to slow down so could not keep going. will be a long time until i get to try again :( need to save some pennies for some track time.

yes 2nd gear does pass 60mph im sure ive had it to 63/64mph

great little cars not enough people praise them for some reason.

well im certain i could have sailed past 140 on the track, hit 135 with ease with a passenger, had to slow down so could not keep going. will be a long time until i get to try again :( need to save some pennies for some track time.

yes 2nd gear does pass 60mph im sure ive had it to 63/64mph

great little cars not enough people praise them for some reason.

whats the optimum change rpm in the rolla t sport? ie shift change rev's?

If I'm throttling it I just take it to pretty much 8150 :P Best way if you wanna keep it in Lift through Second gear otherwise you loose a good second getting back in to Lift! I'd like to see what my 0-60 is now I have 18's on....

Farhan - 2nd Gear will take you to around 66Mph on the speedo.

EDIT: Gaz - Facy comparing with me next time we meet up? :lol:

o ok yea so a 0-60 can be done with just 1st and 2nd gear i dont ever remember LOL. but i managed to get a good time, remove the spare wheel lolol! have tyres inflated well. I want to see the time now that my wheels are lighter!

nope i do granny starts, so from 1500rpm let the clutch out and then go. at 4k rpm you will trash the clutch much faster and also requires a fair bit of modulation!

• 2 weeks later...

i got 0-60 in sub 7 today, i got 6.8s

dropped some weight and put a few chemicals in the fuel - not exactly legal and the pollution mob would be after me but i'd tell them to ram it.

I get comfortable 0-60 runs, removed spare wheel, no passengers in the back shifting at the right point on super unleaded petrol with less than half tank and TRC OFF!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links