Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Misting Front Screen

shakeapaw

hi all,tried searching this forum but no joy,my motherinlaw has a w reg 2000 yaris,when she gets in it in the morning the car seems "wet" ( her words ) when she is driving the front screen is constantley misted up,i had this once on a astra and it was the pollen filter,so is this the answer ? ,and where is it ? or do we have bigger problems ?

I had a similar problem which was due to a heater control being set to recirculate (the warm damp air inside the car) instead of drawing air from outside.

I had a similar problem which was due to a heater control being set to recirculate (the warm damp air inside the car) instead of drawing air from outside.

cheers, will check this out later

cheers, will check this out later

The control I had set wrong was the large sliding switch on the top right of the central panel.

It took me a few days to realise what was going on.

The pollen filter is located behind the big glovebox. Open it, squeeze the sides in and pull it out. Its probably filthy but maybe not the cause of the misting. Maybe a seal's not fitting too well somewhere

Have had similar probs with a Peugeot and Bmw in the past, traced it to dirt (usually leaves) blocking the drain/s on the bulkhead (under bonnet where the fresh air intake is). the resulting collection of rain water gets drawn into cabin through heater matrix causing the misting. Have only had the Yaris for a week so haven't looked under the bonnet yet to see if this could cause the same prob on Yaris. Hope this helps.

I find that mine gets misted if I have the blower set to be on the windscreen - even if partially & the air is set to pull it in from the outside. ( I mean when the car is not being used)

To avoid it, I set the fan position to be on the feet and change it to recirculate inside the car then when I get into it I swap it all over again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links