Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smooth Steering Wheel

tarbee

I've got a 2001 1.8 vvti Avensis and due to me being right handed the top right hand sector (2 O'clock) of the steering wheel is now quite slippery due to the wearing away of the grip.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there an easy way to fix it with perhaps some sort of wheel covering (which doesnt look ***p!) I think buying a new wheel would be ££££ money :(

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

New official steering wheels are rather expensive, there are aftermarket ones which are cheaper although if you keep an eye on eBay or at the scrap yards you might find a decent one, you could get a steering wheel cover or find a product to apply to it that abrases it slightly.

Know of a cab driver who has covered steering wheel with bicycle handlebar (Tour de France type) tape grip. It looks perfect & feels good, purchased from bike shop on road leading down to "High Holbern" high end shop (not your local Halfords) lot's of variants to choose from. Would never of come to my mind, but simple ideas can be the best ideas sometimes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links