Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wet Carpets

stu77

Hi all, i've just bought a Yaris and the passenger side front and rear crpets are soaking wet. Anyone had the same problem or know why this is? All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi all, i've just bought a Yaris and the passenger side front and rear crpets are soaking wet. Anyone had the same problem or know why this is? All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Is it a 3 or 5 door ?

If a 3 door the plastic lining behind the inner door panel may be damaged. This lining stops any water in between the door skins from getting in the car .

Yeah it's a 3 door. Just been to local Toyota dealer and they said they'd never come across this before but would sell me a new door rubber for £80!

It may not be the door rubber !!

It it probabily the plastic sealing lining behind the inner panel. One of my previous cars had the same problem.

If you can remove the inner panel and see if it is damaged you may be able to reseal it or replace it. It is simply a 'polythene sheet' which is stuck ( sealed onto the door frame ).

If I were you I would check that before buying a new door rubber.

It may not be the door rubber !!

It it probabily the plastic sealing lining behind the inner panel. One of my previous cars had the same problem.

If you can remove the inner panel and see if it is damaged you may be able to reseal it or replace it. It is simply a 'polythene sheet' which is stuck ( sealed onto the door frame ).

If I were you I would check that before buying a new door rubber.

Nice one Bos, i will check this at the weekend when i have a min. Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links