Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla

corolla_dude

Hey guy and girls would like to say hello first of all :)

My dad bought this car alooooooong time ago, was an absolute stunner until it got crashed by me brother :rolleyes: , car was put away in the garage, due to my dad having no time to get it fixed.

been a member for a while now and got alot of inspiration (Thankyou :) , so i thought i should get my hand out my pocket and sort it out, get it ready and bring it to some shows and meets.

Anyway enough chit chat PICTURES :)

All comments welcome

fdxdffd.jpg

DSCF0811.jpg

Started to work on the damaged parts

DSCF0714.jpg

Smoothed it down with some sand paper

DSCF0708.jpg

Got it primed

DSCF0717.jpg

DSCF0719.jpg

:lol: 2 snaps of the bay

DSCF0726.jpg

DSCF0727.jpg

That all for now, Progress will be very slow due to me being only 14 :lol:

WILL ALSO BE ON THE HUNT FOR A NEW FRONT BUMPER

Drivers side wing not needed , cheers

If you got a bumper gimmie a PM please :)

cheers

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• corolla_dude

• KPARRIS-JONES

• AE_92

• ae92 lover

You've done a bloody fantastic job with the smoothing over. I've done my second layer but haven't sanded it yet.

Your engine bay is a damn site cleaner than mine too. Mine looked like a giant ciggie exploded in it. :lol:

You've done a !Removed! fantastic job with the smoothing over. I've done my second layer but haven't sanded it yet.

Your engine bay is a damn site cleaner than mine too. Mine looked like a giant ciggie exploded in it. :lol:

:lol:

that bay is filthy LOL

You've done a bloody fantastic job with the smoothing over. I've done my second layer but haven't sanded it yet.

that bay is filthy LOL

Not in comparison with mine. I ended up making the guy take off 20 quid so I could buy the stuff to clean it! :lol:

white engine bays are hard to keep clean, one spec of dirt makes it look a mess, you going to be doing a colour change ?

white engine bays are hard to keep clean, one spec of dirt makes it look a mess, you going to be doing a colour change ?

Yep.

Satin black with red and black and chrome throughout the bay and block.

Chrome alternators and starters and red hoses and polished block wit chromed air intake manifold.

Yeah I think I am too.

Cheers

It wille a couple of years until I can get the thing on the road though. The engine has seen better days.

Anywho. Have to go now, got sanding to be done....... :lol::lol::lol:

Nice job keep it up :thumbsup:

Nice to see people looking after cars like this.

It's not sporty and not yet a classic but...

...these Corolla sedans were damn fine reliable workhorses so an example like this needs saving.

If this was mine I would just tidy up whats there, clean/detail engine bay and a nice set of 'retro style' alloy wheels and leave as is.

As a side note vertually every part for these cars is still available from Toyota main dealer parts dept.

yeah alot of the parts can still be bought from the dealer but they cost a bomb :lol:

and my wishbone went last night so that needs attention :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guy, sorry not been on here a while due to having exams and all.

Got a bit of an UPDATE :D

Finally got round to ordering my dials.

Will be a big update on the weekend if the weather holds

:)

Celica_dude

Hey guy, sorry not been on here a while due to having exams and all.

Got a bit of an UPDATE :D

Finally got round to ordering my dials.

Will be a big update on the weekend if the weather holds

:)

Celica_dude

Have fun trying to remove those dials mate!

I've been trying for months now and have had no luck. :ffs:

One guy said that to get them on, you need to remove the cable from the gearbox!

I'm not sure if this will be the same for you but I thought I'd warn you. :lol: :D

Search for my old topic on page 5/6 and you'll see what I was told. Good to have you back though, haven't heard from you for ages! I haven't got much to say for progress on my GTI except loads of my stuff for the interior has been delivered which has me real excited for xmas :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

lol not thedash dias, im talking about the aftermarket ones which tell the, volt, oil pressure ect....

touche touche :lol:

lol not thedash dias, im talking about the aftermarket ones which tell the, volt, oil pressure ect....

you should get a set look really good, im gonna have mine mounted on the piller

I might do but it'll have to be later next year. I've got fack all cash right now as I had to spend all of my savings on christmas presents for people! :(

I really like the clear cam gear covers for £50 which will probably be one of the next things to get.

I have had a change of plans though. I've decided to keep the engine that I have now seeing as it's possible to get it up to 500bhp.

I can't find those 302 degree cams though..... :(

I might do but it'll have to be later next year. I've got fack all cash right now as I had to spend all of my savings on christmas presents for people! :(

I really like the clear cam gear covers for £50 which will probably be one of the next things to get.

I have had a change of plans though. I've decided to keep the engine that I have now seeing as it's possible to get it up to 500bhp.

up to 500bhp, dont wana be wheel spining, you will be down the tyre shop frequently :lol:

up to 500bhp, dont wana be wheel spining, you will be down the tyre shop frequently :lol:

Yeah! :lol: :lol:

I can feel Toyo looking in my direction in hope!! :lol:

I found a page that explains how it's best to mod the 4A-GE engine and it tells you step by step, which is awsome!!!! :yahoo:

What sort of performance mods have you got planned for yours?

Possibly a conversion is in order? :gunsmilie:

Yeah! :lol: :lol:

I can feel Toyo looking in my direction in hope!! :lol:

I found a page that explains how it's best to mod the 4A-GE engine and it tells you step by step, which is awsome!!!! :yahoo:

What sort of performance mods have you got planned for yours?

Possibly a conversion is in order? :gunsmilie:

LOL got no performance plans mate, just going to keep it in good condition, should be giving it a good service once i have sorted the arches and the drivers side wing. :D

Fair enough! ;)

I think that you should go for the looks with yours. Your not really riding ona sporty chasis I don't think! :lol:

I discovered some ROTA's which were stunnign but they cost £550 without the shoes!! :crybaby: :(

I been thinking that I should wait to put all of my styling parts on until I get the car on the road so that I don't get w*nker chavs nicking things like dust caps ect.

What do you think?

P.S. got a £45 tax return! More cash for my interior!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

lol yeah when you come from the VW scene, you dont feel to change the type of look of the car.

ron.jpg

my bro's motor as it stands now, u now see where i have got the inspiration :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links