Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Full Of Water Again!

matt303

:ffs: OK I have the dreaded water leak!, I've had it back to the dealers, they said it was the door seal and replaced it but it's leaked again.

My questions is should I have to pay for the loan car's insurance at £15 each time I take the car back to the dealers for warrenty work?

and how many times should I let them try to fix it before kicking up a stink?,

my car has now started to smell foisty (it's only a 6 month old aygo platinum) any suggestions to get rid of the smell and should I ask for the carpets replacing?

Thanks in advance (a very upset aygo owner :crybaby: ) PS I love the car other than this

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• matt303

• Phoenix999

• moonstone mart

• brenjet

I've never had to pay anything for the loan car from my dealer but I guess this might depend upon the dealer.

If the car is starting to smell because of the damp you should be able to get the carpets replaced under warranty.

Good luck with getting it fixed, it's not rained since the last attempt to fix mine so I've no idea if the problem has been solved.

• 2 weeks later...

LEAKING AGAIN :censor:

Leaking in exactly the same way as before, so that's 3 visits to the dealer with exactly the same leak and no progress made :angry:

It rained earlier in the week and when I checked not a drip then last night we had a right gale and storm and this morning water was collecting in the usual place. I'm not sure if it's the angle the rain hits the car at or that the door seal sometimes seals and other times not but something needs fixing on this car. They've had three attempts at fixing the car so I tempted to start proceedings to reject the car and get as much of the purchase price back as I can.

Leaking in exactly the same way as before, so that's 3 visits to the dealer with exactly the same leak and no progress made :angry:

It rained earlier in the week and when I checked not a drip then last night we had a right gale and storm and this morning water was collecting in the usual place. I'm not sure if it's the angle the rain hits the car at or that the door seal sometimes seals and other times not but something needs fixing on this car. They've had three attempts at fixing the car so I tempted to start proceedings to reject the car and get as much of the purchase price back as I can.

Good luck with that! Let us know how you get on

Must admit, if I were in your position I'd at least be getting legal advice to see if I can get rid of the car ... .

Fortunately, I don't have a leaking Aygo though have followed the problem with interest. It does seem to come up fairly frequently on the forum and, although one should keep a sense of proportion, it does appear to to be an issue that prospective Aygo owners (certainly used ones anyway) should be wary of. I do find it odd though that Toyota hasn't managed to locate and fix it and that it doesn't seem to occur across a batch of cars. All very odd. Either way, I wish you luck with getting your one sorted one way or the other :thumbsup:

Oddly while at the petrol station last night the lady at the counter said she had an Aygo and I said it was fine car except for the leaks to which she replied that her's was going back to the dealers on Monday with a recurring leak around the windscreen, Toyota really need to check up on QA because at the moment buying an Aygo feels as risky as buying a Citroen.

I'll be looking into my options this week, I've been ill for the last month with a liver complaint and I really don't want to get myself stressed over this :(

Here is a photo after last nights rain.

3205461445_dbc96dc42a_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
This is how the car is parked (as shown by my old Focus)

146162417_3a8691984c.jpg

So the car is pointing up hill and there is a very slight angle making the passenger side higher but not by much, so nothing you'd expect to cause a problem.

I've been and had a look at the seal again and it looks like the water is somehow getting past the seal at the top back of the door and then running down the inside of the seal, which was exactly what was happening with the original door seal back in October.

I wouldn't say leaks are that uncommon for the Aygo, we've had enough threads on this forum about them and even the brother of the person I car share with has had leaking problems with his Aygo. I imagine that there is either a parts quality or manufacturing process defect that means bad batches of cars get made.

:angry::angry::angry: i"m in the same boat i got a 58 plate the same

Oddly while at the petrol station last night the lady at the counter said she had an Aygo and I said it was fine car except for the leaks to which she replied that her's was going back to the dealers on Monday with a recurring leak around the windscreen, Toyota really need to check up on QA because at the moment buying an Aygo feels as risky as buying a Citroen.

I'll be looking into my options this week, I've been ill for the last month with a liver complaint and I really don't want to get myself stressed over this :(

Here is a photo after last nights rain.

3205461445_dbc96dc42a_o.jpg

:angry: mine exactly like that and back at mr"T"s

There's a guy that parks a 58 plate near mine at work and I was chatting to him about his Aygo which also leaks via the passenger door. I sent of an email to the service manager of my dealer including the photo to which they've never replied :angry:

Unfortunately I've been too preoccupied with my liver condition to bother to chase them up, fortunately during the past couple of rainy periods it's not leaked and I've managed to dry the car out.

There's a guy that parks a 58 plate near mine at work and I was chatting to him about his Aygo which also leaks via the passenger door. I sent of an email to the service manager of my dealer including the photo to which they've never replied :angry:

Unfortunately I've been too preoccupied with my liver condition to bother to chase them up, fortunately during the past couple of rainy periods it's not leaked and I've managed to dry the car out.

My aygo has been submitted to 4 whole days of rain here in Malta. I never found a single droplet.

i work for toyota and just thought i would comment on your leak problem,as most of you know there is a fault with the door seals so these should be changed but when the are changed there are certain places where the need to be fitted on the seals there will be a coloured dot this should be matchd 2 a small dot on body of the car at the top.If they are not fitted in the correct postion they can still leak.

Also there is another fix which is a small rubber weatherstrip that is placed above the door seals.

hope this helps

:D Hi,

Do not rule out what I have already said about the center stop light , the seal on it is made up of a sponge type material that absorbs water, this in turn drips into the top channel, from there it travels down to the light units ,both sides, it then travels to the tops of the boot floor on either side but you do not see it as its covered by the side trims, it then travels towards the front of the car ending up in the rear footwells as this is the lowest part of the floor. Take out your light and stick your finger down into the channel to see if its wet,or remove the side trims to check for water behind them. Worth a go,

Good luck.

Hedley.

• 1 month later...

Full of water again today, so much so it's sloshing around the rear foot well higher than the carpet and I've got to wait until next week before the dealer can look at it.

What a :censor: car, if I was to describe the quality to anyone it would have to be "Imagine a Citroen built in the Eastern Block"

I've now made a complaint to Toyota UK including being lied to by the sales manager of my local dealership when he told me that all the leaking issues had been solved when I bought the car.

We will see if Toyota really do care about customer satisfaction?

My daughter's car is in the dealership having the seals done and the carpets replaced.... lets see if this remedial work does the trick :unsure: I am not confident :huh:

Another side issue.... she mentioned that her brake discs and pads were wearing badly, the discs are lipped and all at less than 10,000miles :angry: The cheeky Mr T representative at our local dealership suggested this might be down to wear and tear :wacko: Silly :censor: representative ;)

I'll let you know how she gets on with all issues :yes:

I've now made a complaint to Toyota UK including being lied to by the sales manager of my local dealership when he told me that all the leaking issues had been solved when I bought the car.

We will see if Toyota really do care about customer satisfaction?

Lied to me too, when buying the aygo, we were told by the salesman that we would get a full tank of pertol and car mats, (thats what we dealt on). Car arrived, got in, half a tank of petrol and no mats. Found this out AFTER we had ticked the box on the questionaire thingy "Are you completley satisfied with the way Toyota have dealt with you?" Cheeky :censor:

My aygo was in the garage for three times, because of water leaks and it is only 34 months. I live in Portugal and it doesn't rain a lot, imagine in England or Scotland.

If it happens again I will reject the car even I like it.

My aygo was in the garage for three times, because of water leaks and it is only 4 months. I live in Portugal and it doesn't rain a lot, imagine in England or Scotland.

If it happens again I will reject the car even I like it.

Right.... daughter has her car now.

Carpets replaced.... decent job done there.

New door seals fitted.... :censor: job done there. The sticky ones started peeling off before she even left the dealer car park. They are now ordering replacements. Bloody idiots!

Brake discs.... not being replaced as a warranty item as they say it is 'fair wear and tear'.... bloody idiots have no thoughts that discs should last longer than 9000 miles. My daughter is now making a formal complaint to Toyota Customer Services.

I am now feeling that the Aygo really is a crap eastern block French car :wacko:

Maybe she should part exchange it for a second hand Corolla or something similar :huh:

I was phoned today by my dealer, seems they've been contacted by Toyota UK after my compaint and given a number "in the field" fixes to try. I hope they don't end up fitting the stick on weather seals because they will most likely look c**p and won't fix the real problem that is water pooling in the gap between the door and sill and then wicking past the seal.

Day 1 back at the garage and they are having problems reproducing the leak but I expected this as it takes a good long downpour and the car being on my drive before it leaks. The main issue I have at the moment is that the road tax had expired on the courtesy car so I've just had to make an extra trip to the dealer to get the up to date one, well at least it makes a change from the fuel reserve R flashing at me when I collected the car.

I was phoned today by my dealer, seems they've been contacted by Toyota UK after my compaint and given a number "in the field" fixes to try. I hope they don't end up fitting the stick on weather seals because they will most likely look c**p and won't fix the real problem that is water pooling in the gap between the door and sill and then wicking past the seal.

Matt.... the new sticky seals don't look too bad providing they are correctly fitted, in fact they very similar to numerous extra seals fitted to other cars.... mine included :yes:

It is simply a pity that Peugeot/Citroen didn't carry out the proper weather tests and fit these on the production line :huh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links