Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello There, Just Introducing Myself!

xerian

Hello all, I have been watching the banter on this site for some months now and you lot seem very cheery and knowledgeable! I have to admit....I don't currently have a Rav4!! I have a 9 year old VW Bora instead.

But due to current and future lifestyle changes ( 2 small dogs and a grandchild due in July!!) I am hoping to get a new XTR petrol within the next 6 months or so.

I also belong to the VW forum at present...and typically german...no humour but efficient!!

Anyway... I won't bore you any longer and cannot wait for when I get my Rav, especially as at the moment I can get a new XTR with leather from drive-the-deal for just over £17,000 (close to £4000 off the RRP!!!) what a bargain!!

Welcome Herr Bora - glad to read you've seen the light!!

I believe a ton of scrap metal sells for about £100 just now so don't expect too much from yer current limousine :P :P

Once you've joined the mass ranks of 5 door oily RAV drivers here tho, you'll be showered with pearls of wisdom - ignore them and stick to petrol :lol: :lol:

Here Here

Petrol Rules :lol:

Welcome to the site I have only been on a few months found it very helpfull

Alan

Welcome Herr Bora - glad to read you've seen the light!!

I believe a ton of scrap metal sells for about £100 just now so don't expect too much from yer current limousine :P :P

Once you've joined the mass ranks of 5 door oily RAV drivers here tho, you'll be showered with pearls of wisdom - ignore them and stick to petrol :lol: :lol:

Don't listen to Bothwell, and go for diesel. You will get anything up to 18 m.p.g. extra on this fuel.

NO NO NO NO Listen to your heart not your head :rolleyes:

Petrol is BEST by far

Diesel is for old Man and tight **** :censor:

Get the V6. Even if you have to import it from Down Under. As Ferris Bueller might say,

"It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

Thank you all for your replies..... I am definitely NOT interested in diesel!!...never had a diesel before (though I did once have a Talbot Horizon that sounded like a diesel!!....best car I ever had!!!....NOT!!), And I only do up to 4000 miles a year!

The leather seat option on the XTR....is that just the leather or does it come with part electrical seat adjustment as well?

I have heard that there is a slightly revised version coming out later in the year with a tad more efficient 2.0 engine, does anyone know anything about this or when its coming out?

I must admit, I used to despise 4X4's and people carriers!...still hate people carriers though!

Had a good look around at the smaller 4X4's and personally I think the Rav is way better than the rest...especially that pig ugly honka!!...fully loaded as well in XTR guise!

Well Done

Glad you have seen sence petrol is the only way to go.

Joking apart you will not go wrong with a rav petrol or diesel.

We have two of them one is a XTR both of them have never missed a beat. (touch Wood) ;)

Have you taken one out for a test drive yet? sometimes you forget you are in a 4x4 they are more car like than you think.

Uncle Bob posted a link to the new RAV recently - just do a quick search. If I was going to buy another RAV now I may well choose the new petrol.

especially that pig ugly honka!!...fully loaded as well in XTR guise!

I think you will fit in here nicely :lol::lol: welcome

Hello! They are a rather 'speshul' lot on here :lol:

I have just come over from the darkside too! :D I have strayed from the way of the Volkswagen and I can honestly say I am loving it! :thumbsup:

I have a (new to me) 55 reg petrol XT4, I would just as happily have had the XTR with the leather option though, I think it may have a few more bells and whistles than the XT4.

I looked at the new ones - my friend has an 08 petrol model, only I would have had to sell my classic vdubs to get one and now I have the best of both worlds! ;)

I believe you're right in what you say though; they are the best of the small suv's - I should know, as this lot will tell you I overanalysed my purchase to the nth degree! :crazy: :P

especially that pig ugly honka!!...fully loaded as well in XTR guise!

I think you will fit in here nicely :lol::lol: welcome

Yes dont buy The Ugly One AKA CRV (council refuse van or child rescue vehicle) don't even think about Freelanders (nedflanders) as they are a true off road vehicle..ie they are off the road (broke down) more than they are on it.. If you should decide to buy a Landrover remember you will need to carry a spare. see pic.. :thumbsup: :D :D

scanguard002.jpg

No, I haven't test driven a Rav yet!...leaving it to nearer the time...believe me, after my bora a wheelbarrow will feel good!

The petrol engine has a chain instead of a cambelt has'nt it?...one less thing to worry about!

Whoever styled the new nedflanders must have based it on a toolbox from the looks of it!!

Petrol C&*^p. I put in my Rav once and it only went for a mile. Rubbish stuff. Cost me £200 to have it drained and diesel put in. Ran much better after that. It's diesel for me. :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Petrol C&*^p. I put in my Rav once and it only went for a mile. Rubbish stuff. Cost me £200 to have it drained and diesel put in. Ran much better after that. It's diesel for me. :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Oh and welcome :thumbsup: to the group.

Hello all, I have been watching the banter on this site for some months now and you lot seem very cheery and knowledgeable! I have to admit....I don't currently have a Rav4!! I have a 9 year old VW Bora instead.

But due to current and future lifestyle changes ( 2 small dogs and a grandchild due in July!!) I am hoping to get a new XTR petrol within the next 6 months or so.

I also belong to the VW forum at present...and typically german...no humour but efficient!!

Anyway... I won't bore you any longer and cannot wait for when I get my Rav, especially as at the moment I can get a new XTR with leather from drive-the-deal for just over £17,000 (close to £4000 off the RRP!!!) what a bargain!!

Seriously, which i very rarely am, I think considering your projected mileage of 4000 pa petrol woud be the more viable proposition and i think you may be able to haggle an even better price, especially if you can sell your VW privately :thumbsup:

Seriously, which i very rarely am, I think considering your projected mileage of 4000 pa petrol woud be the more viable proposition and i think you may be able to haggle an even better price, especially if you can sell your VW privately :thumbsup:

Agreed! At only 4000/year it's a no-brainer!

By the way had a look at the Toyota website yesterday in a bored moment :rolleyes: and had a play with the RAV configurer and there was only two model options, the XTR and sr180!

Are they trying to tell us something. :lol:

When the time does come to get the Rav, it will be a straight buy...no px! the most I will get for my current car is just over a grand, so I am thinking of parking it up on the front garden and using it as a flowerpot

Uncle Bob posted a link to the new RAV recently - just do a quick search. If I was going to buy another RAV now I may well choose the new petrol.

Shock - horror - gasp!!

Really :eek:

Do you know the engine top doesn't just come off in 1 hand?

Shock - horror - gasp!!

Really :eek:

Do you know the engine top doesn't just come off in 1 hand?

Oh well sod that! Another diesel then :D

Welcome along xerian :thumbsup: As you can see, we are a friendly bunch! :lol:

Just to answer one of your questions, the leather upgrade is not the same as the full leather in XT5's or the former T180. You get leather trim, but manual seat adjustment.

Fuji, I believe you can only order XT-R and SR180 from new at the moment as there will be a face lift a bit later in the year. Parts-King might be able to give us some more info :)

Welcome along xerian :thumbsup: As you can see, we are a friendly bunch! :lol:

Just to answer one of your questions, the leather upgrade is not the same as the full leather in XT5's or the former T180. You get leather trim, but manual seat adjustment.

Fuji, I believe you can only order XT-R and SR180 from new at the moment as there will be a face lift a bit later in the year. Parts-King might be able to give us some more info :)

face lift a bit later in the year. Parts-King might be able to give us some more info :............ What ! :o Parts Kings for a face-lift?? Didn't think he needed one.....must have been sudden on-set oldage after too many Christmas pies?

Face lift a bit later in the year. Parts-King might be able to give us some more info :............ What ! :o Parts Kings for a face-lift?? Didn't think he needed one.....must have been sudden on-set oldage after too many Christmas pies?

Indeed Bothy, from... (I'll apologise in advance Kingo!)

jd.jpg

to...

george_clooney_swimming.jpg

I think it's known as a mid-life overhaul in the trade :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links