Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oxygen Sensor

Puma

I've had a problem with an oxygen sensor on my Rav 4.2 (The Bairn) & duly appealed for help on this wonderful site. After a lot of passing of information I procured a new sensor from partsking (At a discount for forum members...........Mmmmm Nice) I togged up today to fit the new sensor with my newly bought sensor ratchet attachment...........Here the fun begins.

Would it budge, nope it was stuck fast!! I then put a small amount of releasant around the base to try to persuade the little b*gger to come free. I started the engine to generate a bit heat to help the process and knock me down with a feather but no malfunction light. :g:

After 30 minutes it was the same-no malfunction light. Now I'm no :angel: but the air was a tad blue!!

I did however notice an abrasion on the cable & me being a sparkie fixed in a jiffy.I put all the parts back & its been the same all day. Fingers crossed. :D

A grateful thanks for all that have given me help this week, its most appreciated.

Off to the hospital now! The missus has put the sensor where the "Sun don't Shine"

As Kenneth Williams said "Ooooh Matron! No!!!" :doctor:

Well done mate. It sounds like you've made up an open circuit but don't be too surprised if it reappears.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links