Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Verso (04) Heavy Steering

sunjcb

Hi,

I am new on this forum. But I did get loads useful info from you all :D

The story is i just bought a used corolla verso (04reg 74K mileage. 2.0L Diesel) from the garage. After few days driving, I feel that the power steering is a bit heavy especially when I was in first or second gear. Is it all the same as other Diesel verso cars?

This lunch time, I went to one garage in Stafford. They said it might be steering pump or column problem. The cost for that would be over £700. I also ring the garage where I bought this car, the boss told me it might be belt problem.

Do you face this problem before ?? :( thanks in advance.

When stationary does it suffer from this problem as well?

It sounds as though your pump is weak and might be on it's way out i.e. it might just pack up one day completely or progress to a larger scale.

We can remanufacture it if you want for £150 +VAT and give you a full 12 months warranty to go with it.. saves you a few bob :)

Best thing to do is have the pump tested first though - we can test them for you but apart from a pressure test which we do extensively.. there's other tests which you can carry out with the pump in situe on the vehicle. If you want, give me a ring on 0208 853 3343 and ask for Jay or Danny and we'll guide you through how to test it yourself just to be sure :)

When stationary does it suffer from this problem as well?

It sounds as though your pump is weak and might be on it's way out i.e. it might just pack up one day completely or progress to a larger scale.

We can remanufacture it if you want for £150 +VAT and give you a full 12 months warranty to go with it.. saves you a few bob :)

Best thing to do is have the pump tested first though - we can test them for you but apart from a pressure test which we do extensively.. there's other tests which you can carry out with the pump in situe on the vehicle. If you want, give me a ring on 0208 853 3343 and ask for Jay or Danny and we'll guide you through how to test it yourself just to be sure :)

Hi, thanks for your reply.

When stationary it does suffer from this problem. I have been to several garages, all what said are either belt, column or pump problem. But they cannot test the pressure of pump. Only Toyota can do it... But i need to pay £165 for the testing.. :o

I bought this used car with AA warranty (£500 max per claim), but the pump from toyota will cost about £532 including VAT....

Do you have any suggestions on this situation..

Thanks!!

Well we can test the pump for only £35 +VAT if you have your garage remove it. We can remove it but will charge removal and fitting fee.

If it is a pump problem, we can definitely fix the problem within your £500 budget and you get full 12 months warranty just same as main dealer will give you but with us no hassle of being passed from one department to another and having our technicians tell you we won't cover it in warranty. Whenever a customer comes back because of a problem, it is a priority job in our company to have the issue rectified permanently.

As mentioned in our telephone conversation, if you can arrange a day to visit us, I can have my technician check the vehicle over and diagnose the fault free of charge. We can then go from there and you can decide if you want to go ahead with booking it in for the work or not, entirely up to you.

Good luck.

Jay

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links