Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Coolant

Anatoli

The coolant on my Verso is due for replacing and would appreciate any advice.

I've done this on other cars before but is there a proper procedure for this car to ensure complete replacement of the coolant.

You never get the whole coolant out of the motor ;) only when you get the motor out of the car and you strip the motor apart and rebuild it

So drain the radiator and the plug on the motorblock than srew them back and fill her up again

If its 1.8 petrol the block drain is at the rear.

What colour coolant do you have in the car? If its pink it wont need changing as that is 100,000 miles/10 year stuff.

Mart.

I have the pink/red coolant in my Verso and yes it needs replacement every 160.000km or 4 years thats what the book say,s

From witch year is your Verso and by mine is a sticker under the bonnet what say,s 160.000km or 4 years

mine is from July 2007 ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

The coolant is the pink stuff and my handbook says 4yr/40k for replacement.

OK, got it sorted out now.

First of all I read the handbook again and it gives the option of long life and super long life coolant. as being used.

After you mentioning about a sticker under the bonnet I decided to have a better look and there is a small sticker which indicates that Super Long Life coolant is the coolant that is used so that's one less job for me to do on the car this year.

I telephoned my Toyota dealer where I originally bought the car from new to ask which coolant would be in the car. The reply I got was that one was pinky red the other was reddy pink and that it's hard to tell after four years but they said nothing about any sticker under the bonnet.

Youre wright , i checked it again under my bonnet and there,s no sticker :wacko: that was probably by my Corolla E12

sorry again mate :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links