Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Selection Of Photos Of Number 1 Rav

bothwell_buyer

Heres a few shots of the original RAV. Number 2 is a tidier conversion, having learnt from the 1st car. Slideshow

Various panels are off just now as we were comparing number 1s wiring with number 2. The seat mounts are the next project - to lower them. Once done then maybe get a rollover cage made up....as the engine management system will be getting adapted very soon!! This will give us a chance to tidy the wiring in the engine bay, and I think we'll change the air filter back to the original box type.

The car managed 14.4 seconds on its last run out at the 1/4 mile. With a more efficient fuel ratio etc, we should get below 14 secs.

Nice shots bothy.

Is there a screwdriver plugging an air hose?

Nice shots bothy.

Is there a screwdriver plugging an air hose?

Well spotted!! The boost was turned up recently and on its first hard run up the M73, it blew the plug out of the spare hose coming out the intercooler. Stopped in layby (well managed to crawl to a layby) and swore that there was a plug there. When the AA guy turned up, the engine started when I covered the hose with my paw - so explaining the large bang when I floored the accelerator. The bang was the plug being shot out, then bouncing off the road to hit the rear underside which fooled me at first.

The 'fix' was the nearest thing I had to plug the hose....the screwdriver. Without the screwdriver, the engine won't run!!!! And its lasted a month now so probably become a permanent feature....maybe Parts-King will add it to his extensive parts lists???

Lets hope when the boost gets pumped up again the screwdriver won't fire through the nearside wing!! :lol:

"I like the headlight conversion Bothy thumbsup.gif

Is it a HID kit? "

Its a pair of lights I got from a guy on eBay as being the last ones he had for the 4.1 - dunno if thats true but it is getting difficult to pick up accessories for this model. I had a headlamp broken on number 2 so switched a headlamp unit from number 1....

I bought those xenon bulbs (I think thats what they were - cost about £20 or so) not knowing if they would melt the plastic unit. Anyway, they work well....but.....there is a problem with the screw-bolt thing for the height adjuster motor in that one side seems to pop off. I've fixed it 3 times now and becoming fed up, have asked the garage to fix it when it next goes in. The lights are very bright and the effect of the projector lens is really good.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links