Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Low Part X

Pat2u

The low prices being offered in part X for 12/15 month old motors at the moment are very silly indeed, i personally feel that the silly offer made on my own vehicle in part X of just £1100 an avensis T180 tourer 14 months old and with around 6000 on the clock window tints and ff tow bar was unjust indeed against the new 2009 avensis tourer, the dealership has not done themselves any favours in offering such a low offer in my opinion.

Agreed, its rather sickening, noticed in todays paper a local dealer selling a load of 08 plate Avensis for £9995.

This is great if you are a buyer with no trade in, but considering what I paid a year ago for a new Rav its kinda

sticking in ones throat :shutit:

Is that a typo & it should be £11000 & not £1100?

£11000 sounds about right given s/h prices & they would probably look to retail it at ~13k.

You have to remember that up until recently under the Blue Moon run out offers a T180 Tourer was ~17k new otr.

Is that a typo & it should be £11000 & not £1100?

£11000 sounds about right given s/h prices & they would probably look to retail it at ~13k.

You have to remember that up until recently under the Blue Moon run out offers a T180 Tourer was ~17k new otr.

Yeah i said 11 thou and its done nothing on the clock £1100 would be an insult for the car i sold an old S reg cavelier in mint condition for £850 not very long ago one owner from new.

The low prices being offered in part X for 12/15 month old motors at the moment are very silly indeed, i personally feel that the silly offer made on my own vehicle in part X of just £1100 an avensis T180 tourer 14 months old and with around 6000 on the clock window tints and ff tow bar was unjust indeed against the new 2009 avensis tourer, the dealership has not done themselves any favours in offering such a low offer in my opinion.

I think you missed a 0 off that figure.... surely you meant £11,000 :huh:

However, your car is showing up on the Parkers website as:

Toyota Avensis Tourer (03 on)

1. 2.2 D-4D T180 5d

2. 2007/57

3. Average mileage: 20,000 miles

Original Price £22,745

Franchised Dealer £11,960

Independent Dealer £11,360

Private Good £10,455

Private Poor £8,390

Part Exchange £9,250

Tell them the figure you want in p/x and then let them work out how they reach it.... if you are not keen on what they are offering then walk out but make sure you leave your phone number and tell them to phone you when they have a better offer.

My LC is 2 years old and my local dealership wanted to offer me £17,000 against a new T4 Avensis Tourer. I stood up and told them to work out a better offer whilst I viewed the other cars in the showroom. They took a short while and offered me a discount on the new car and increased the p/x allowance by £1,500. It was not as much as I was really hoping for but the bottom has fallen out of the large 4X4 market :(

You have the upper hand as they are after your money.... make them work for it :yes:

I think you missed a 0 off that figure.... surely you meant £11,000 :huh:

However, your car is showing up on the Parkers website as:

Toyota Avensis Tourer (03 on)

1. 2.2 D-4D T180 5d

2. 2007/57

3. Average mileage: 20,000 miles

Original Price £22,745

Franchised Dealer £11,960

Independent Dealer £11,360

Private Good £10,455

Private Poor £8,390

Part Exchange £9,250

Tell them the figure you want in p/x and then let them work out how they reach it.... if you are not keen on what they are offering then walk out but make sure you leave your phone number and tell them to phone you when they have a better offer.

My LC is 2 years old and my local dealership wanted to offer me £17,000 against a new T4 Avensis Tourer. I stood up and told them to work out a better offer whilst I viewed the other cars in the showroom. They took a short while and offered me a discount on the new car and increased the p/x allowance by £1,500. It was not as much as I was really hoping for but the bottom has fallen out of the large 4X4 market :(

You have the upper hand as they are after your money.... make them work for it :yes:

Yes i did miss type and yes you can add another zero £11000, i got the invoice here for it and i know it means nowt but can add approx another £500 for suregaurd/ff tow bar/window tints its only the times thats knocked the prices, i used to changed my car each year at same dealership and never paid above £2000 extra for part X, thats what is so annoying.

Yes i did miss type and yes you can add another zero £11000, i got the invoice here for it and i know it means nowt but can add approx another £500 for suregaurd/ff tow bar/window tints its only the times thats knocked the prices, i used to changed my car each year at same dealership and never paid above £2000 extra for part X, thats what is so annoying.

Sureguard is nigh on worthless (you can see how many people get it thrown in free on forums like this) & the T180 comes with tints as standard.

I doubt that they care about the towbar as most people don't want 1 & therefore won't pay more for 1 with than 1 without.

You've also got an "old" model car now that the new 1 is out & that also affects resale value.

I think 11k is a very fair price as the car is now an old model, more to the point though changing a 14mth old car with 6k on the clock is total madness, its barely run in!

If circumstance had changed and an Aygo was needed then fair enough but Tourer for Tourer, i cant see the sense.

Sorry if this sounds harsh ;)

I think 11k is a very fair price as the car is now an old model, more to the point though changing a 14mth old car with 6k on the clock is total madness, its barely run in!

If circumstance had changed and an Aygo was needed then fair enough but Tourer for Tourer, i cant see the sense.

Sorry if this sounds harsh ;)

You don't sound a bit harsh m8, and no we are not changeing it now, i think we have had most of the car range from toyota from LCs downwards over the past 12 years changing each year, its become a habit i guess and the part X rates in the past have been good.

if you think thats bad part X figure, wait til you hear mine!!

56 plate corolla t sport tte compressor with only 25k

now make sure your sittin down!!!!

they'll only give me £5,000 part X value!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to stick my two bobs worth in, i asked my dealership to give me a part -x quote on my auris about 5 months back when it was 6 months old with barely 3,000 on the clock , the auris cost me £14,495 new, plus i added approx £800 worth of extra's, and they offered me......... £8,500 :sick: , needless to say i walked out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links