Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing A Diesel Injection Pump Estima Amena Diesel Auto 1992

muso58

hi my daughter has bought a fixer upper on eBay. needs a new injection pump as its leaking .questions are . does this engine have a cam belt or chain. is it possible to do this job in situ . i have a horrible feeling engine will need dropping down on subframe to do work . any help or tips greatlytly appreciated. i havent actually seen car in person yet ,as she lives 90 miles away .

I hope your daughter has a lot of money to spend on this "fixer upper" as they tend to consume quite a bit.

It has a cam belt and yes the cam belt can be done in situ.

Depending on year the car uses either a 3C-T or 3C-TE engine the E meaning electronically controlled diesel pump. Leaks in these pumps are typically a result of people running them on vegetable oil which has a lower factor of compressibility than diesel oil. As such it builds up more pressure within the pump and something has to give and it is generally the seals.

What these cars are mostly known for however is overheating. The causes can be thermostat, blocked radiator, weak radiator cap or and by far the most common a cracked cylinder head.

What's more if your daughter is intending on running it on normal diesel then she will find the fuel consumption is typically in the mid 20's which is not dramatically different from that of it's UK based cousin the Previa. The difference is that the Previa uses a petrol engine that is nigh on bullet proof and petrol is 10% cheaper than diesel.

Join one of the forums dedicated to these cars., here are two

www.estima-motoring.co.uk

www.estimaowners.com

Best of luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links