Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Kangzy's Sp Charged Compressor!

kangzy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kangzy

• supra25

• szuti

• sheriff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

supra25: hows it goin mate? not sure whether ur trying to email me but work have decided to filter out personal emails so apologies if i havent replied. the cars running real nice and when the ogura pulley comes out im prob goin to upgrade to that aswel..hehe!

Kangyz: Things are going quite well. Got some mods nearing the finishing stages, and when Matt gets the stuff in the mail (perhaps next week) it will ALL come together... ;)

There is a T-Sport meeting in the south of Sweden June 6th if any of you lads fancy a little summer roadtrip..!! :thumbsup:

Kangzy: Nice going!!! Gotta love that stuff...

SP will be offering this whole kit as DIY in just a little while. It will be bolt on and include a pre-mapped piggyback which will do the job just fine untill you choose to have it optimized for your own car. The kit will include a clutchengaging pulley from Ogura which will better driveability and give better mileage (I hope..hehe). Deliverydate and pricing not finalized yet on that package, but there will be a install thread here in the not tooo distant future... :D

EDIT: and...I am of course insanely jealous!! :crybaby:

Yes the clutch pulley out soon is slightly smaller diameter as well, which could well mean a few more ponnies!

CKman / Kangzy : any pics of the how the cooler pipes r routed to the bumper? bit worried the normal comp bumper wont handle the intercooler, plus my induction kit may foul the cooler pipes. . . :unsure: . . . but id still probz cut the bumper up to get it to fit!

image of induction kit post-52417-1239046395_thumb.jpg

borodaz: thanx mate.. the kit was about 2g if ur looking into gettin it done

H: thanx bro! ye long time..did u get ur exhaust in the end?

supra25: that soon? let me know how the install goes? and what problems if any u encounter.. good luck mate!

sherif: well matt originally designed the kit to fit nicely behind the original bumper of a tsport.. but best thing to do is email him the pic and c wat he advices.. hes good like that! yea i wana get the ogura pulley but its still under development because running that much boost may mean the need for a bigger intercooler and bigger injectors.. its all trial and error for whoever goes first

yea i wana get the ogura pulley but its still under development because running that much boost may mean the need for a bigger intercooler and bigger injectors.. its all trial and error for whoever goes first

You sure about your intel here..?! ;) Acc to Matt the Ogura pulley boosts only 2% more than his fixed pulley, and that is run on stock compressor injectors.

Oh well...since it seems I will go first I guess we'll all find out soon enough! :o Starting to get excited here. Got my summer wheels on today...

Kangzy: Nice going!!! Gotta love that stuff...

SP will be offering this whole kit as DIY in just a little while. It will be bolt on and include a pre-mapped piggyback which will do the job just fine untill you choose to have it optimized for your own car. The kit will include a clutchengaging pulley from Ogura which will better driveability and give better mileage (I hope..hehe). Deliverydate and pricing not finalized yet on that package, but there will be a install thread here in the not tooo distant future... :D

EDIT: and...I am of course insanely jealous!! :crybaby:

Yes the clutch pulley out soon is slightly smaller diameter as well, which could well mean a few more ponnies!

CKman / Kangzy : any pics of the how the cooler pipes r routed to the bumper? bit worried the normal comp bumper wont handle the intercooler, plus my induction kit may foul the cooler pipes. . . :unsure: . . . but id still probz cut the bumper up to get it to fit!

image of induction kit post-52417-1239046395_thumb.jpg

With the Standard Tsport/Comp bumper, Matt will probs hav to cut a bit of the bumper to fit the intercooler, but i cant garuntee it. Spk to Matt and he will b able to tell u. As for ur Induction kit pipe design, i dont think itll b in the way of the Intercooler pipings. If it is, im sure Matt wud b able to re-route that part of the piping

God Shaun me and u hav probs brought quite a few customers for Matt, maybe he shud giv us some money back :P

I am expecting to have to do some cutting during the install. For those of you with compressor's who have had the front bumper off you might have notices that TTE had to cut off part of the radiator housing in order to make a path for the oil cooler hoses.

Take a look at these which are taken after the housing was cut and installed. I might have some other pics at home:

http://www.corollatsport.se/phpBB3/downloa...4&mode=view

http://www.corollatsport.se/phpBB3/downloa...2&mode=view

I don't see why you have to cut any of the bumper off, though. There should be plenty of room to mount the cooler without touching the bumper. It's the piperouting I'm thinking that will require the cutting.

Space for intercooler:

http://www.corollatsport.se/phpBB3/downloa...8&mode=view

http://www.corollatsport.se/phpBB3/downloa...6&mode=view

This one is not the right angle, but the bumper is mounted and it gives you an idea of the space...

http://www.corollatsport.se/phpBB3/downloa...0&mode=view

cheers for feedback guys.

Yeah matt seems quite busy with all the interest! i was goin to get the conversion done to my t-sport b4 christmas, but glad i held off till i got my compressor! can wait for upgrade now!

supra25: from those pics it looks pretty tight round the radiator. im guessin u'll hav to cut some of the metal away either side of the radiator. unless matt has routed it differently?

Hopefully not too much. There is quite a bit of excess plastic in the radiator housing, so hopefully most (if not all) of the cutting will be made there. I would imagine that Matt has designed it to come through close to where the oil cooler hoses run in order to minimize cutting. But I guess time will show.

Thought i best comment as everybody else is :lol:

Shaun : I hate you

Will : I hate you

;) :lol:

william: ye we should start charging Matt per call..haha

supra25: the thing is the new pulley hasnt been fitted to the car yet so its hard to predict the diameters needed to run it properly. its all about trial and error

Gaz: its ok we kno deep down uv got our cars mounted on your screen saver lol

Any body seen these guys?! Smaller diameter clutch pulleys on ebay and from theyre website

http://www.pulleybros.com.au/

With the current exchange rate theyre only about 120 quid + delivery to the uk!!! And there are multibuy discounts :D

hmmmmmm wouldn’t mind one of them 77mm fixed pulleys :drool: B)

BTW Kangzy nice car :thumbsup:

Its a different sort of supercharger, so the pulley will be different unfortunately. Nobody does them off the shelf.

This new pulley that you guys have ( or even the one being made), does anyone know if the +2 psi figure is before or after the intercooler? Reason being theres boost drop from the intercooler and wondered if it was a +4psi for example but then 2 over stock after the loss? I would ask SP but I'm sure they've since been inundated with queries and dont want to waste their time if somebody already knows.

I really can't recall whether Matt has been specific about the intercooler loss or not other than it's marginal. The piping is also being slightly redesigned at the moment, which will probably yield better results. The original plan and design for the clutchpulley was to increase boost with 2psi over stock. The final design went about 2% beyond this again apparently.

With any luck I will have my boostmeter up and running before my own install and hopefully be able to at least have usable comparison in boost before and after.

• 5 months later...

There will be pics and storys to tell once I can get the IC supplied. From how it looks currently it will still be a few more months due to other factors. I'm hoping to get this done within end of February

• 1 month later...
Any body seen these guys?! Smaller diameter clutch pulleys on ebay and from theyre website

http://www.pulleybros.com.au/

With the current exchange rate theyre only about 120 quid + delivery to the uk!!! And there are multibuy discounts :D

hmmmmmm wouldn’t mind one of them 77mm fixed pulleys :drool: B)

BTW Kangzy nice car :thumbsup:

Do you think guys it can be fit for my compressor?I mean the pulley?

Can i use the intercooler without check engine with stock ecu?

"without check engine"?

You can slam an IC on without the smaller pulley, yes, but I wouldn't do it the other way around. The real question is what the gain is (if any) VS the cost of the IC setup.

I mean do i have problem about intercooler without camcon or e-manage ultimate.So the stock ecu doesn't have problem with that???Today my friend build the setup for the car and tomorrow will be ready.the price is maybe 200GBP with the same size cooler and piping and work together.I'll buy an eámanage ultimate maybe in the next month and we can play with the boost a little,cause in 4000rpm that is 0.56 bar bit in the highest rev just 0.2 bar.So my plan is keep the 0.56 boost in 8000rpm also.The intercooler gives colder air for the engine so that's always better like the warm.My problem is when i use the car in race my water and oil temperature is too high!

I have my intercooler:-)),but i have a problem.When i push the clutch from 5000rpm when i go on a road sometimes the rpm falls down to zero and the engine stops.Than i need to restart the car.some vakuum problem should be.What do you think Guys?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links