Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AE92 GTi-16 Progress Thread

KPARRIS-JONES

There is rdy416 as he has been really helpful with me if I have asked! Get yourself over to AE920C mate and we can offer more help there. :P

I have a few pictures of the Ashley but they're not in abundance...:

exhaustofferingupandprogress005.jpg

exhaustofferingupandprogress007.jpg

S1010018.jpg

S1010017.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

Videos:

Only the first few seconds of that are worth listening to for sound.

And here is a lower quality skit... crap but you get the idea of what it's like:

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KPARRIS-JONES

• dawesy

• PaulinhoT

• AE_92

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have spent too long on my arse this year, the GTi has been left becasuse I have grown sick of one step forwards and two steps back. It's looking crap and is depressing me every time I look at her.

So, this year you will see her fully resprayed and welded up, she'll be fine to site outside, leaving me only with the suspension, windscreen, sunroof and drive train to sort out, the rest of her will be complete. I'm tired of her rotting away and now I have some decent cash I can get her finished and restored to her former glory.

I have ordered a lot in preparation for Dawesy's arrival in two weeks time:

*O/S Front Wing

*N/S Rear Arch

*N/S Rear Corner

*O/S Sill

*N/S Sill

*Tailgate

She is soon to be booked into the paint shop for November and also have the windscreen removed.

Lets hope this is the last time we have to see her in bits. The only things to do after this push is the rear suspension turrets (when it comes to welding).

KP

Got my panels delivered today and this time they are all the right ones! :lol:

I have also been quoted £230 for my Windscreen to be removed, and for them to then come back later in the month to fit the new one after all the welding has been done. Not bad at all!

I have just purchased the Tailgate which gets delivered on wednesday which was another £60.

So my total costs thus far:

Panels: £120

Tailgate: £60

Windscreen: £230

Total: £410

Not bad considering that gets me a water tight car ready for paint! :D

KP

have you actually got the tailgate and wings?

as im breaking mine they are availiable, wings are modded for the AE-101 front bumper (this would come with them) and the tailgate is rot free and only about 6 years old

ARSE!!!(not you) I just bought the Tailgate and it gets delivered on Wednesday... but I think it is rust free aswell so hopefully it will be just as good.

I have also just taken delivery of the wings and everything. If you are interested in doing a full swap, my wings and bumper for yours? Still can't work out if your GXi bumper would look good on mine...

Damn thats a nice GTi

Looking forward to see it finished :thumbsup:

But If I were you (wich Im not hehe) I would keep the GTi bumpers!!

Need I say more?

JBM%20AE92%20GZE%20x500.jpg

Thanks mate, I do love the look of them, she will start to take shape again soon. :)

Well that was the CLK Motorsport GTi and it has since been scrapped :( but that bumper has the centre cut out. I do really like the standard bumpers mate and the chances are I will keep them. If I didn't like them, they wouldn't be in the AE920C Banner :P

AE92OCBANNER.jpg

I will probably try and get the front bumper and wings fitted up tomorrow if I get time, just so they are ready for paint. :D

Took 30 minutes to mount the Tailgate and N/S Door perfectly aligned, open and closed perfectly first time!

Fluffy's first step to becoming a car again:

IMG_1772.jpg

The lines all lined up perfectly and no scraping of the sill, the seals all hold tight and now we are out to do the next door and maybe the glass to after setting up the bonnet and wings.

KP

Ok some serious progress has been made! We mounted the other door and again it lined up perfectly first time, then we mounted both Front Wings and the Front Bumper. :D

She is really beginning to look like a car now and it's really given my spirits a much needed lift with this car.

The wings do need a bit of work to get them to fit perfectly as they are slightly out of shape which is to be expected, plus I need a little slam-bung for the bonnet to level it properly.

Bonnet gets fitted:

IMG_1773.jpg

O/S Door gets Fitted:

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

O/S Wing Fitted:

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

N/S Wing Fitted:

IMG_1782.jpg

I then offered up my headlamp, which made me make a small mess...:

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

That's all for now, but when I get my next Tailgate I'll fit it up too so all she'll need doing is the welding and a few bumper clips before she gets into paint!

KP

KP be aware we made need to remove the wings to fit the new sill (wont know till you get them) looks good though. :thumbsup:

ill set all your panel gaps for you as well if we get time, its my job at work lol.

lol awesomes, cheers mate, I am aware the gaps are mad but I just wanted to get them on the car and out of the way. Plus I need to see it come together just to get my spirits up lol.

That's fine, I haven't fitted up the splash guards or anything so they are easy to take off.

Thanks,

KP

The Tailgate finally arrived today! :lol:

I'll be fitting it up on Sunday when I can spend some time with Dawesy and take a look at what he has done :D Should be the last bit that goes on until she gets her respray! :D

KP

Cheers, yeh 040-1 Lexus White, same as the engine bay and Cam Covers. :D

The Windscreen is getting removed today, so next to arrive is the sheet metal for Dawesy to work his magic.

I can't wait to get this done! Been too long waiting.

KP

Dawesy managed to get a helluva lot done, N/S Rear Corner (back and front), N/S Rear Arch and the N/S Sill.

And what a fookin' beast he is at welding! :lol::thumbsup:

I only managed to get pictures of the Arch and the Inner part of the Rear Corner as I had to go to work, but it gives you an idea of what he has managed to achieve already:

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

As I said before he has also done the sills and removed dinks here and there, but I got home from work at 9:00 when it was dark, so picture taking wasn't possible. ;)

I can't wait to have her resprayed, the only drawback seems to be getting the B-Pillar rust sorted, which he will be doing another time, so the respray will be postponed until December or January if I really don't get the money through. Emergency Tax seems to have been the real spanner in the works however it will still be sorted very soon. :D

KP

Dawesy managed to blitz the O/S Side, completing the Sill, Arch and part of the corner. Dawesy will hopefully be back to finish off the O/S Rear Corner as we discovered the inner part had gone too, but that will be at least in two weeks time so the respray is postponed momentarily. This isn't a problem though as I need to use the Zip-Wheel on the arches and around the screen/roof, and then I need to seal everything off and fill the welded areas.

Here are the pictures:

O/S Sill and Arch Area:

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

I fitted the Door Handles and N/S Door Window Glass so she is a little more water tight :D

Next is for me to fill the welded areas and Zip-Wheel the remaining Rust Patches on the Arches.

KP

• 2 months later...

Glad to see this thread is still alive... -_- :P

Well, I have saved enough cash to get the respray done, tomorrow I will receive a quote of the costs involved for all smoothing, remaining welding and the respray to be done.

By March I hope to have her body finished and the rest of it is down to me. :D

Thought I'd let you guys know ;)

KP

Glad to see this thread is still alive... -_- :P

Well, I have saved enough cash to get the respray done, tomorrow I will receive a quote of the costs involved for all smoothing, remaining welding and the respray to be done.

By March I hope to have her body finished and the rest of it is down to me. :D

Thought I'd let you guys know ;)

KP

Cheers man. Yeh They are a decent looking car I reckon.

Oh and I have her booked into the garage for tomorrow!! :yahoo::toast:

She'll be picked up and towed there to be finished hopefully somewhere near March/April.

KP

So this is what you two have been up to, you little tinkers. :lol:

I;m going to have to read all this now :blink:

I've just ordered in a set of Koni Shocks and Springs, adjustable (off car) and only £450! Bargain!! :D

It's really coming together now, not long until I check back with the garage to see what progress has been made :)

KP

Cheers man. Yeh They are a decent looking car I reckon.

Oh and I have her booked into the garage for tomorrow!! :yahoo::toast:

She'll be picked up and towed there to be finished hopefully somewhere near March/April.

KP

AE92 looks, handles and goes better than the fl t sport too.

Such a shame most are in car heaven now due to corrosion.

Thanks mate :) Yeh it is a shame, they just fall apart too easily, and not everyone is willing to spend £7000 every time it needs a restoration like I am.

Such a shame that Dawesy had to let his go too :(

I think the FL CTS is a pretty good looking car tbh, at least ours is lol. I love that thing, but there is something about the sound of the 4A-GE that I can't get away from :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links