Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Rav4, New Member, New Question Catalytic Converter

crazydiamond

Hi,

I have just bought the Grlfriend a 52 plate VX VVTI Estate with 75000 miles for £4,500.

Not a bad deal I hope.

The car has just had a new Catalytic converter and parts from the old one have ended up in the Exhaust system and the car has a rattle sound from the Exhaust.

I see this on the receipt from the shop that replaced the converter and apparently it will blow through in time.

My question is, Is there a way for me to remove the bits from the exhaust without paying out more money?

Also does anyone know of where to get a Key from which can be programmed as it can't hurt to have a spare.

I checked eBay but they all seem to be buttonless key fobs.

Thankyou fr any help and I look forward to spending time in this forum in the near future.

post-77980-1242578928_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I have just bought the Grlfriend a 52 plate VX VVTI Estate with 75000 miles for £4,500.

Not a bad deal I hope.

The car has just had a new Catalytic converter and parts from the old one have ended up in the Exhaust system and the car has a rattle sound from the Exhaust.

I see this on the receipt from the shop that replaced the converter and apparently it will blow through in time.

My question is, Is there a way for me to remove the bits from the exhaust without paying out more money?

Also does anyone know of where to get a Key from which can be programmed as it can't hurt to have a spare.

I checked Ebay but they all seem to be buttonless key fobs.

Thankyou fr any help and I look forward to spending time in this forum in the near future.

Welcome to the club :) as far as the Catalytic converter fragments left in the exhaust system go, only way i would say was to remove the rest of the exhaust and tip it up on its end, and shake the bits out :(

Just as Bob says.

I have a turbo disintegrating and the bits are going the same way - out the back of the exhaust!! Pulling the exhaust apart is a lot of work if its rusted together. Mine? Well, its on number 2 RAV which will be getting a straight thru exhaust system soon so I'm not caring....just that cars behind will need to watch for debris lol.

Hi,

Not a bad deal I hope.

I checked Ebay but they all seem to be buttonless key fobs.

Smashing looking motor! :thumbsup: As far as the key problem goes, do a search on this site for "replacement keys" The subject has been raised a time or two and it appears there are some cheaper options than the original Toyota versions. Good luck!

Thanks for all your help and advise.

I will see if I can get someone to do it for me as the noise really bothers me.

I did try the search for key fob but will try again as my brother said it is easy to get a blank and have it programmed and cut at a locksmith shop.

I was looking at some chrome trim on eBay for the Rav to make it stand out a little more. I bought an Exhaust trim as the rusty exhaust is not very pleasing to the eye.

Is there a modding part of this forum? been looking but don't know my way round yet.

Cheers

I did try the search for key fob but will try again as my brother said it is easy to get a blank and have it programmed and cut at a locksmith shop.

I was looking at some chrome trim on Ebay for the Rav to make it stand out a little more. I bought an Exhaust trim as the rusty exhaust is not very pleasing to the eye.

Is there a modding part of this forum? been looking but don't know my way round yet.

Cheers

I'm sure you said you bought the RAV for your girlfriend - sounds more like a toy for yourself ;)

Have a look at the Technical hints and tips in the pinned section at the top of the page for some modding ideas. Probably a few ideas in the RAV4 model range photos too. This site is a good way to find out what genuine accessories are available CLICK [and lots of other info too]

Member called Hoovie seems to be the 'Modmeister' for your model.

Welcome to the club

I was looking at some chrome trim on Ebay for the Rav to make it stand out a little more. I bought an Exhaust trim as the rusty exhaust is not very pleasing to the eye.

Cheers

I'm sure you said you bought the RAV for your girlfriend - sounds more like a toy for yourself ;)

Have a look at the Technical hints and tips in the pinned section at the top of the page for some modding ideas. Probably a few ideas in the RAV4 model range photos too. This site is a good way to find out what genuine accessories are available CLICK [and lots of other info too]

Member called Hoovie seems to be the 'Modmeister' for your model.

Welcome to the club

Well it's got to be said, I do really like the car and just enjoy Modding things in general.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist and am going to be sorting out the scratches and chips and getting the paint looking as good as new.

After that I will fit a Computer and reversing camera and maybe put a DVR in the car too.

Will check out Hoovie's posts and see what info I can get.

Thanks again for Help, hope to repay the favour soon with some mods of my own.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links