Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Voting !

Bibbs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bibbs

• Bizarra

• Red Yaris 54

• Raistlin

i havnt voted!!

had a thing come to do it by post!! but never did and it got put in the corect recycle bin this afternoon!!!

What my lovely girlfriend said. They are as bad as each other. I have no confidence.

So you vote for an independant. Or you spoil your vote.

Not voting shows them you are happy with the way it is :rolleyes:

no voting shows two things!!

1) i am lazy!!!

2) i dont really understand!!!

Things aren't always black and white and sometimes peoples lives are actually taken up with other things. Sometimes people have busy lives and do just clean forget about things like this as they are too busy just getting on with their lives.

Personally I think voting days should be either national holidays so everyone has the opportunity to vote or held on a weekend when more people are free and hopefully will be more likely to vote as a result. Failing that, at least give us the option to cast our votes online so we don't have to mess about filling forms then have to remember to post then.

i havnt voted!!

had a thing come to do it by post!! but never did and it got put in the corect recycle bin this afternoon!!!

What my lovely girlfriend said. They are as bad as each other. I have no confidence.

1) i am lazy!!!

Things aren't always black and white and sometimes peoples lives are actually taken up with other things. Sometimes people have busy lives and do just clean forget about things like this as they are too busy just getting on with their lives.

Personally I think voting days should be either national holidays so everyone has the opportunity to vote or held on a weekend when more people are free and hopefully will be more likely to vote as a result. Failing that, at least give us the option to cast our votes online so we don't have to mess about filling forms then have to remember to post then.

Online is a good idea but I bet it could easily be corrupted!

On the voting front, I just think that parties are as bad as each other.

i havnt voted!!

1) i am lazy!!!

I totally agree with your opinion of Political Parties from the Irish situation, too.

We tried Electronic voing here in a few constituencies-ONCE :censor: The machines cost about Euro50 million & then a small fortune to store each year. They are finally talking of scrapping them & goodness knows what cost. :angry:

i havnt voted!!

1) i am lazy!!!

I totally agree with your opinion of Political Parties from the Irish situation, too.

We tried Electronic voing here in a few constituencies-ONCE :censor: The machines cost about Euro50 million & then a small fortune to store each year. They are finally talking of scrapping them & goodness knows what cost. :angry:

I hate to break the news but they weren't for voting just for doing the Euro lottery... Any way to improve government revenue :D

i havnt voted!!

1) i am lazy!!!

I hate to break the news but they weren't for voting just for doing the Euro lottery... Any way to improve government revenue :D

Used to do that on line & win small amounts regularly :D It cost more than double what I pay in my local shop where I NEVER won a euro. Gave up Euromillions as a dead loss :censor:

:offtopic: I have just done it again :mad2: Read over my post- made a correction- left the cursor in the wrong place- added an emoticon ! ARRRRGH :lol: Does that happen to anyone else? :unsure:

Used to do that on line & win small amounts regularly It cost more than double what I pay in my local shop where I NEVER won a euro. Gave up Euromillions as a dead loss

I have just done it again Read over my post- made a correction- left the cursor in the wrong place- added an emoticon ! ARRRRGH Does that happen to anyone else?

What Emoticons??........... :lol: ................(Of course it does Victor..............It's an age thing :P :lol: )

I heard that 2 BNP members have been voted in "oop North" ..

You heard correctly.

Democracy is a great idea till the public get involved :(

If it's what the majority agree with .. it's what we have to live with. Especially with proportional representation.

Labour would work to address why voters chose the BNP, "and try to win these people back",

How about people being fed up of invasive politically correctness and positive discrimination?

UKIP have done very well too.

If anything it sends a strong message about peoples thoughts on Europe.

It seems the old Labour support moved to either right wing : Tory,

left wing : BNP (they are left wing, they want nationialisation, high taxes etc) BNP - Left wing

or stayed at home.

The old Tory vote either stayed where it was, or went UKIP for the euros.

UKIP have said that if The Torys offer a vote on Europe, they'll not stand in seat for the General Election. So they are the anti-Euro Tory party.

Once the main parties get over the "BNP are a protest vote" and actually start addressing the issues that the BNP raise, the BNP will be no more (apart from the actual racists, who I think are a small minority).

It seems the old Labour support moved to either right wing : Tory,

left wing : BNP (they are left wing, they want nationialisation, high taxes etc) BNP - Left wing

or stayed at home.

The old Tory vote either stayed where it was, or went UKIP for the euros.

UKIP have said that if The Torys offer a vote on Europe, they'll not stand in seat for the General Election. So they are the anti-Euro Tory party.

Once the main parties get over the "BNP are a protest vote" and actually start addressing the issues that the BNP raise, the BNP will be no more (apart from the actual racists, who I think are a small minority).

Every time i hear the BNP leader speak i find myself agreeing with what he has to say , however i just can't bring myself to trust them ( BNP ) , i never waste my vote btw , and i voted last thursday , tory as usuall , although some might see that as a wasted vote lol .

Well the BNP leader has been pelted with eggs. I've a few comments about this.

1. He was voted for by the public. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

2. He was outside number 10 - I thought you were not allowed to protest within a mile of number 10? Where were the police arresting the protesters?

3. If you look at the BNP manifesto, 90% of it is left wing "old Labour" ideals. The Protestors? Yup, left wingers.

BTW, I disagree with almost everything the BNP say. I'm for privatisation, free markets etc. I believe in low taxes and small government. I believe if you are good enough for a job, you should get it no matter your colour, s*x, sexual preferance.

But I do agree with imigration limits, where it should be skilled migration where they will provide a benifit for being here. I believe that imigrants should integrate into society. Having big areas of white only, or black only areas causes friction.

I'd never vote BNP, but I'd not throw eggs at them. The way to display you are against someones ideals is to challenge them, show them up, and then vote against them.

I totally agree!

Absolutely nothing wrong with skilled immegrants that are willing to work and integrate! I'd be a little hypocritcal to say there was as I was as my family lived in Germany for 11 years due to my dad's work!

There are plenty of "native" folk too that I think we could do with shipping out that are worthless to society and are nothing more than a drain on resources.

I totally agree!

Absolutely nothing wrong with skilled immegrants that are willing to work and integrate! I'd be a little hypocritcal to say there was as I was as my family lived in Germany for 11 years due to my dad's work!

There are plenty of "native" folk too that I think we could do with shipping out that are worthless to society and are nothing more than a drain on resources.

Hear, Hear

"

There are plenty of "native" folk too that I think we could do with shipping out that are worthless to society and are nothing more than a drain on resources "

I hope & trust that you are not including we older, wiser & experienced people :crutchy: :wheelchair: who try to screw anything we can out of the State ( :g: Or, try to screw anything we can :lol:)

You could find yourself up before the "Ageist" Court where you will receive a severe beating with walking sticks, crutches & zimmer frames :chair: :lol2:

"

There are plenty of "native" folk too that I think we could do with shipping out that are worthless to society and are nothing more than a drain on resources "

I hope & trust that you are not including we older, wiser & experienced people :crutchy: :wheelchair: who try to screw anything we can out of the State ( :g:Or, try to screw anything we can :lol: )

You could find yourself up before the "Ageist" Court where you will receive a severe beating with walking sticks, crutches & zimmer frames :chair: :lol2:

With a tongue that sharp I am surprised you haven't bled to death :D

"

I hope & trust that you are not including we older, wiser & experienced people :crutchy: :wheelchair: who try to screw anything we can out of the State ( :g:Or, try to screw anything we can :lol: )

With a tongue that sharp I am surprised you haven't bled to death :D

I have to be VERY careful when I'm licking anything :naughty: :lol2:

"

I hope & trust that you are not including we older, wiser & experienced people :crutchy: :wheelchair: who try to screw anything we can out of the State ( :g: Or, try to screw anything we can :lol:)

Those that have paid an honest working lifetime's worth of taxes have every right to stay ;)

"

I hope & trust that you are not including we older, wiser & experienced people :crutchy: :wheelchair: who try to screw anything we can out of the State ( :g: Or, try to screw anything we can :lol: )

Those that have paid an honest working lifetime's worth of taxes have every right to stay ;)

But only on a small island just left of us :D

"

I hope & trust that you are not including we older, wiser & experienced people :crutchy: :wheelchair: who try to screw anything we can out of the State ( :g: Or, try to screw anything we can :lol: )

But only on a small island just left of us :D

The Island of Saints & Scholars :yahoo: Apparently all extinct now, bar one :unsure: Now, I wonder who that might be :blushing: :lol2:

Agree with a lot of what has been said... i never realised it was voting day until i got a text from a mate making sure i was going to vote...

I really really dont understand why the government wont put a limit on EU immigration. Whats the use of putting a limit on Non EU countires considering they aint the issue at present!

BNP got the protest vote which is quite obvious although a lot of the far right wing parties across Europe have doen quite well according to the results.

BNP actually got less votes this year compared to the last postal vote but due to the lack of turnout at the polling stations for the other parties they were able to get 2 seats.

I was shocked to see about 15 different parties to select from when i turned up... Ben is right in saying that the only way to beat the BNP is with your vote as opposed to raw eggs!

BNP got the protest vote which is quite obvious although a lot of the far right wing parties across Europe have doen quite well according to the results.

The swing to the right is obvious during hard times. People are fed up with working hard and your taxes going to the vacious, work-shy scum. And the scum don't tend to vote.

The BNP are quite left wing though on economic policies. Left wing racists.

I've no problem with the whole "come here, fit in, work hard" imigrants.

I've a lot of problems with the "can't be bothered" dole scum, imported or homegrown.

I gotcha... left or right wing... if they are racist then there is no place for them in running a country.

What really amuses me (im sure we chatted about this the a couple of years back at JAE) is when i hear the 1st Gen Pakistani/Indian moaning that these new eastern european immigrants are ruining 'our' country... so the cycle has started again ehh.. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links