Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Michael Jackson Dead!

farhanali89

I too liked his music but not the man :huh:

It is because he used so much Mercury to lighten his skin a recycling company want to turn him into 2000 thermometres :rolleyes:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• reece

• Danny K

• Red Yaris 54

• s m smith

I find it difficult to have sympathy for someone with accusations of paederasty against his name , not that just because he was accused, so that makes him guilty , we all know that people are wrongly accused of things all the time , what worries me is that whacko bought his accusers off , thereby settling out of court , which for me leaves big question marks , and therefor guilty untill proved innocent , i certainly won't be mourning his passing , sorry no grief here i'm afraid .

Also i have heard people putting him at the top of the pile when it comes to musical greats , above the likes of John Lennon , Elvis , Mark Bolan , ect ,..... Their having a laugh , no chance .

I have no idea who Mark Bolan is, Elvis and Lennon may have been great artists, but for a man like jacko to have such a huge fan base proves he is and was the greatest. Everyone who listened to music no matter what genre they were into must have had one of his songs in their music library.

Even tho' most of his great songs are over 20 years old, made before i was even born, they can still be played without them being sounding outdated. This shows that Jacko was the greatest musician that graced the stage.

As for his personal life, whatever it was, if he is guilty of these accusation then good riddance to him...but theres no denying the man had talent.

Slightly inappropriate on a family forum...

Family forum? Ohmygod! You mean I'm being advised on the correct oil viscosity by 9 year old schoolgirls instead of fellow Toyota owners?

(Mind you, that would explain some of the weird grammar and spelling on some posts).

Correct. Have you seen 'Are you smarter than a 10 year old' ? Bloody know it alls these days. They'd probably fix your car three times quicker than you could.

I saw him twice in 88 with Kim Wilde as support and he was smoking, he produced some great sounds which will remain timeless classics.

I hope he is happier in the next life...

I hope he is happier in the next life...
Yes me too! genuinely..... Meanwhile what about poor bubbles?

..... Meanwhile what about poor bubbles?

Bubbles? This from the wikipedia page on Bubbles:

"...After reports spread in 1990 of the death of Bubbles, Jackson's press agent Lee Solters told the press that "When Bubbles heard about his demise he went bananas..."

"... In December 2003, it was reported that Bubbles had tried to commit suicide. The chimp was taken to a hospital in time to be saved..."

I reckon he'll either go bananas or solo.

..... Meanwhile what about poor bubbles?

Bubbles? This from the wikipedia page on Bubbles:

"...After reports spread in 1990 of the death of Bubbles, Jackson's press agent Lee Solters told the press that "When Bubbles heard about his demise he went bananas..."

"... In December 2003, it was reported that Bubbles had tried to commit suicide. The chimp was taken to a hospital in time to be saved..."

I reckon he'll either go bananas or solo.

Maybe someone will throw you a banana :D

If anyone's interested, I've got four front row tickets for Michael Jackson at the O2 arena on 15th July.

Any reasonable offer considered.

Paramedics who attempted to resuscitate Michael Jackson say they used ABC, its easy as 123 :lol:

If anyone's interested, I've got four front row tickets for Michael Jackson at the O2 arena on 15th July.

Paramedics who attempted to resuscitate Michael Jackson say they used ABC, its easy as 123 :lol:

Prat

lol 1 less kiddie fiddler in the world

Prat

It's interesting that about half a dozen comments or so, are expressing their distaste for the black humour employed by some. (Any psychologist will tell you black humour is a coping mechanism employed subconsciously as a relief to escaping a near-death experience, (literally laughing in the face of death) or in this case, the sheer joy of remaining alive; of realising at least it's not us - this time).

Turned the TV off to go get some petrol ready for work tomorrow. Every time I flicked a channel, someone was showing a Jacko special tribute show. Gets in the car, and some radio station is blaring out a Jacko song. Is this how it's going to be for week's on end? No escape from the endless tributes?

It's a sign this is one of those occasions when such a phenomenon sweeps the world that it's going to be a behavioural psychologists delight - watching people take leave of there senses by displaying their hearts on their sleeves (another coping mechanism) for someone they've never met.

What I want to know is, do the admonishing tut-tutting, tsk tsk'ers, win some kind of one-upmanship brownie points by trying to out-mourn other fans to become some kind of champion tribute mourner-in-chief? Do they win respect for themselves, derived from other like-minded 1984/ Big-Brother Public-Decency Monitor's in their distaste of the black humorists?

Is that why they chastise others who do not mourn enough?

Who do not mourn as they do?

Who do not show enough respect as they do?

Who do not wear the long face they wear on their sleeves?

Or 'believe' in quite the same way as they do?

- Because if that's the case, then that's the same cockamamie mentality that in some quarters eventually leads some 'believers' to killing others because they don't, or won't, believe in what they believe in - to the letter.

Are they offended because they're related to Michael Jackson?

Is Jacko a member off their immediate family?

Or did they have a working relationship with him?

In short, do they personally know him?

No, well have they ever met him?

- And no, getting an autograph in person doesn't count.

So, if it's none of the above, they're mourning /showing respect/paying tribute to a someone they've never met, and wish others to behave likewise.

Still can't get why the Big Brother/heat magazine/Jade hero-worship types feel the desire, the need, to weep over people they've never met as if they are more important than members of their own immediate family. (A female work colleague a 'believer' told me she unaccountably actually wept more over Princess Diana's death than she did when her own father died).

Maybe Michael Jackson saved the world from a catastrophic war?

Did he discover cures for fatal diseases?

Did he devote all his time to working for charity?

No?

So just what is this hero worship that they impose on others that is so easily offended by the comments of some?

Oh I get it - they 'respect' him, because he did something far, far, more important than any of those things - he kept them entertained. He was an entertainer. And that's worthy of greater mourning than anything else.

He temporarily removed the boredom from their lives. And he did such a good job of keeping them entertained that they forgot how bored they were with their own insignificance, their own failures, and a life of underachievement, and that by hero worshipping him, by showing 'respect', by demanding others show the same respect too, it helps them avoid actually getting a life themselves.

They are living their life vicariously through others (celebrity worship), sadly they are not in the minority, it's the modern disease.

In short - they need to get a grip, some perspective, and get a life. God has not died. A supremely talented individual has died. It's a shame it happened so prematurely. But that is all - he is not a close family relation.

Prat

It's interesting that about half a dozen comments or so, are expressing their distaste for the black humour employed by some. (Any psychologist will tell you black humour is a coping mechanism employed subconsciously as a relief to escaping a near-death experience, (literally laughing in the face of death) or in this case, the sheer joy of remaining alive; of realising at least it's not us - this time).

Turned the TV off to go get some petrol ready for work tomorrow. Every time I flicked a channel, someone was showing a Jacko special tribute show. Gets in the car, and some radio station is blaring out a Jacko song. Is this how it's going to be for week's on end? No escape from the endless tributes?

It's a sign this is one of those occasions when such a phenomenon sweeps the world that it's going to be a behavioural psychologists delight - watching people take leave of there senses by displaying their hearts on their sleeves (another coping mechanism) for someone they've never met.

What I want to know is, do the admonishing tut-tutting, tsk tsk'ers, win some kind of one-upmanship brownie points by trying to out-mourn other fans to become some kind of champion tribute mourner-in-chief? Do they win respect for themselves, derived from other like-minded 1984/ Big-Brother Public-Decency Monitor's in their distaste of the black humorists?

- Because if that's the case, then that's the same cockamamie mentality that in some quarters eventually leads some 'believers' to killing others because they don't, or won't, believe in what they believe in - to the letter.

So, if it's none of the above, they're mourning /showing respect/paying tribute to a someone they've never met, and wish others to behave likewise.

Still can't get why the Big Brother/heat magazine/Jade hero-worship types feel the desire, the need, to weep over people they've never met as if they are more important than members of their own immediate family. (A female work colleague a 'believer' told me she unaccountably actually wept more over Princess Diana's death than she did when her own father died).

No?

So just what is this hero worship that they impose on others that is so easily offended by the comments of some?

Oh I get it - they 'respect' him, because he did something far, far, more important than any of those things - he kept them entertained. He was an entertainer. And that's worthy of greater mourning than anything else.

He temporarily removed the boredom from their lives. And he did such a good job of keeping them entertained that they forgot how bored they were with their own insignificance, their own failures, and a life of underachievement, and that by hero worshipping him, by showing 'respect', by demanding others show the same respect too, it helps them avoid actually getting a life themselves.

They are living their life vicariously through others (celebrity worship), sadly they are not in the minority, it's the modern disease.

In short - they need to get a grip, some perspective, and get a life. God has not died. A supremely talented individual has died. It's a shame it happened so prematurely. But that is all - he is not a close family relation.

No its the fact that you have just joined Toc and had 27 posts, and shove youre view down peoples throat

Prat

No?

No its the fact that you have just joined Toc and had 27 posts, and shove youre view down peoples throat

Raises some very valid points about the 'Karaoke Grief' we're about to be subjected to .......

However, doesn't address the issue of Reece being a prat .

Raises some very valid points about the 'Karaoke Grief' we're about to be subjected to .......

Surly moderators shouldn’t be slagging off members in public? PM me or do it in your private paid for forum, but there’s no need as a mod to speak to me like that. Ordinary members can, but not mods OK? If I did that to you or your other cronies I’d be banned/suspended/deleted/locked.

Topics get locked for far less and yet you can’t help yourself can you? You can’t be ‘one of the boys’ and a mod. Make your mind up and stick to it, and I won’t retaliate by calling you playground names...

Surly moderators shouldn’t be slagging off members in public? PM me or do it in your private paid for forum, but there’s no need as a mod to speak to me like that. Ordinary members can, but not mods OK? If I did that to you or your other cronies I’d be banned/suspended/deleted/locked.

Topics get locked for far less and yet you can’t help yourself can you? You can’t be ‘one of the boys’ and a mod. Make your mind up and stick to it, and I won’t retaliate by calling you playground names...

Moderators are Members too .........................and have views on many subjects :)

Moderators are Members too .........................and have views on many subjects :)

A few moderators on here are prize prats, that’s my view, now let’s see what happens now! :thumbsup:

Opps, off topic!

news-graphics-2007-_448312a.jpg

"Unfortunately, Reece called a few mods Prats"

A few moderators on here are prize prats, that’s my view, now let’s see what happens now! :thumbsup:

Opps, off topic!

news-graphics-2007-_448312a.jpg

"Unfortunately, Reece called a few mods Prats"

TOC TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Members should also be reminded that we do not tolerate ANY rudeness to staff members whatsoever whether it is done through the website, PM system or email.

That playground outburst and breach of TOC Terms and Conditions has just resulted in your warning level being increased.

Please be advised that further warnings could result in a forum suspension or a permanent ban :(

TOC TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Members should also be reminded that we do not tolerate ANY rudeness to staff members whatsoever whether it is done through the website, PM system or email.

That playground outburst and breach of TOC Terms and Conditions has just resulted in your warning level being increased.

Please be advised that further warnings could result in a forum suspension or a permanent ban :(

Warning Level Increased? :yahoo:

And the same warning level for the 'member' Boro Sera?

I didn’t think so...

TOC TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Warning Level Increased? :yahoo:

And the same warning level for the 'member' Boro Sera?

I didn’t think so...

TOC TERMS AND CONDITIONS

The reason for the increase of your warning level was clearly posted..................but repeated above if you missed the point.

Please TRY to keep this thread ON TOPIC......................or the OFF TOPIC posts may be removed. :)

Reece.... you are entitled to your opinions on every subject.... everyone is whether a regular member or supporter of TOC or as a moderator.

The mods on here walk a narrow line in that they have to be seen to be fair to everyone but sometimes, just sometimes, that is not too easy :huh:

You have been informed that your 'warn level' has been increased.... it is simply an indicator of some past actions or likewise. It can go up and it can come down depending on how the moderators and management see your actions. Stay cool and it will drop to zero quite quickly :)

I am quite sure opinions are accepted it is just how those opinions are expressed that can get up noses :huh:

Not personally a fan of the man, but I enjoy his music.... the old ones are classics. Loved Beat It, Thriller, Billie Jean.... the list of amazing music goes on. He was an incredibly talented man in his earlier days.

Regardless of his personal life... we've all heard the stories. He was eccentric and wacky. He was never out of the public eye, a place he'd lived since he was five.

Whenever someone dies, regardless of how I feel about them, I try and take a moment just to think of their loved ones. Michael Jackson had a hell of a lot of fans, to be in the industry as long as he has, he's the sort of artist who can make a terrible album and still have millions of loyal fans. Me personally, I'm not a fan per se, but fundamentally you realise that this isn't just Michael Jackson the entertainer or Michael Jackson, the weirdo, who's passed away. It's Michael Jackson the man, the father, the son, the brother. And ultimately, I feel sorry for his children, regardless of whether they're biologically his or not, because no one wants young children to have to suffer their Father passing away.

I'm personally quite disappointed at the attitudes of some people on here, who feel the need to make jokes so soon after someones death. Have a little respect. Ok so we never knew the man and some of us didn't like him a great deal.... me included in many respects.... but a lot of people did. Even I can see the legacy Michael Jackson left.... he was such an important cog in the MTV generations wheel. I mean could you ever imagine a party without some drunken relative trying to Moonwalk. Could you ever imagine Bo'Selecta without Michael Jackson and his "eeeee-heeeeeee SHAMONE!" and his stories about his "brother Tito". What about other artists, who have taken Michael Jacksons trademark dancemoves and created their own versions. Justin Timberlake springs to immediate mind. Would Justin be who he is without Michaels influence? And not forgetting the most important thing he did. He was a black artist (lets forget his "skin disorders" for the moment). He made black music acceptable for white people, even the likes of White Middle America. People, who might have otherwise not listened to Motown saw this kid and enjoyed his music. The colour of his skin didn't register to anyone. He wasn't 'the black artist' Michael Jackson. He was just Michael Jackson.

Yes he was ridiculed and he was berated and his decisions were sometimes very stupid and not something a completely sane person would contemplate, but as a performer and an entertainer, he was probably one of the greatest.

You can concentrate on the negatives in his life and say "Well he was weird and he's a child molester and he dangles baby's off balcony's and he was black and now he's white" or you could actually say "Yeah, I didn't like the guy, but he made some brilliant music and left this amazing legacy which will live on and as an artist, he was revolutionary"

And leave the tasteless jokes til next week at the earliest.....

I don't understand people's tearful reactions to this....

When i heard he'd died my reaction was "oh right".... no disrespect to the guy but his death isn't really gonna affect my life at all.

I feel sorry for his family as it's never nice to lose a family member but i will not be joining the masses who are grieving for somebody they don't know.

....I feel sorry for his family as it's never nice to lose a family member but i will not be joining the masses who are grieving for somebody they don't know.

That is a reasonable and unbiased observation :yes:

Reece.... you are entitled to your opinions on every subject.... everyone is whether a regular member or supporter of TOC or as a moderator.

Mod calls me a prat – I call mod a prat – I get warned and threatened - mod doesn’t, and you ask me to stay cool?! Yeah right :angry:

And leave the tasteless jokes til next week at the earliest.....
Edited by Red Yaris 54
Tasteless jokes removed, Your warning level will not go down with this attitude

I don't understand people's tearful reactions to this....

Its called Recreational Grief, public signs of caring such as wearing coloured ribbons, signing internet petitions, and carrying banners about feeling good, but not doing good; it’s projecting one’s ego that’s all and thereby showing others what a deeply caring individual you are!!!, but not actually doing anything that makes a difference, if you look back over the years TOC is full of it and a prime example!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links