Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4.3 Accident Damage Repair - Is This Typical

bomber06

Had a little coming together with another RAV a few weeks back. The other RAV4 pulled into the outside lane of a Dual Carraigeway while I was about to overtake him.

Given the impact my Rav came off quite likely with a broken front bumper and a bashed wing. I got the car back last Friday a day before we due to go for a weeks holiday in Devon.

When I picked the car up everything looked OK, but it was raining at the time so couldnt really check the colour matching etc, but from speaking to the forman they replaced the bumper and wing.

Over the last couple of days when the sun shines on the bonnet all doesnt seem right. From what I can remember of the car from before the accident the bonnet on the 4.3 has a raised area up the middle, which is defined by perfectly straight lines. Now, when the sun shines on the bonnet the light scattered on the bonnet differently. When I have looked closely at the raised section the lines are not straight and seem slightly creased and this is where the light is being scattered across the bonnet, although the bonnet line itself along the radiator grill is pretty straight.

I think the bonnet has been damaged with the impact and although there is no obvious damage, the middle "raised" section has been twisted slightly.

I am just wondering any of you fellow 4.3 owners could confirm that the creases of the"raised" section of the bonnet are straight. I have attached a photo of the bonnet if that helps.

Cheers!

post-49582-1246820814_thumb.jpg

FWIW, to me, from that pic it looks creased and not a proper repair been done. New bonnet time I would be thinking.

I think its the same but will check asap;

IMG_1386.jpg

Sorry to hear about your accident. :(

Re, the bonnet. I really wouldn't like to pass judgement just from a photograph. Certainly the shut lines seem level and even with the top of the grill...to my poor eyes away :nerd:

I'll have a look later at my bonnet to get a better impression...but I have to say if your bonnet is twisted it is very slight, again from what I can see.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links