Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Alarm....

Guys....any ideas how I can stop my alarm going off allllllll the time?!

It just woke me up because a bit of wind caught it. It goes off at work because it's sunny. It also goes off at work when it rains. I think personally it's just missing the love and attention I give it. But it's ****** me right off!!!!

check your bonnet switch.

Actually unplug the bonnet switch and see if it goes off. the rest of the alarm will still work.

Mine goes off if my phone vibrates inside when locked lol

unbolt the bonnet switch, raise it as high as you can then tighten up, also bend the bracket a little. Also for the interior, close all of the air vents to the X position.

Tell me about it my alarm goes off all the time some one said to me once that certain frequencys can set the t sport alarm of as well as every thing else including rain cold and so on........

If some one does know how to stop it from doing it please let me know too.

Well i remember, when we was a toyota dealer you could adjust the sensativity of the alarm.

I'm not sure if you can do this to the corolla??

I have the same problem and it's totally doing my head in (not to mention severely hacking off my neighbours). I read in the manual for the alarm there is adjusters for the interior and the shock sensors anyone know where these are actually located in the car? Or is there any way to disable it permanantly and still keep the remote central locking? On mine it's not the bonnet switch as it's been removed (for fault finding) and it always only ever seems to go off at night - dunno if its night time wildlife or drop in temps but it has to stop - fear the immenent ASBO if it doesn't lol :)

Well i was look at the toyota manual that i have at work, and it saying its located in the middle of the headliner! near the interior light.

There's a PDF for the alarm in the parts thread thumbsup.gif

Well i was look at the toyota manual that i have at work, and it saying its located in the middle of the headliner! near the interior light.

Doesn't look like it on mine. - Had the interior light out already however I found the install instructions for a corolla verso online and on it everything is installed around the glovebox area....

TVSS V COROLLA VERSO

Check under the centre armrest too ;)

hmmm interesting i may have a look in a minute!

it was just a guess....

5820981954_2e910a6f47_z.jpg

IMG_0327 by nathjh1, on Flickr

but thats what i removed? did i do good? or should i do something else?! minidoughty, i have no idea how to do what you said? it seems pretty fixed into position?!

thats fine, just leave the white plug out and see if it goes off.

If it stops going off, the switch inside the pin switch needs adjusting, or raising - it is quite a common fault

The other thing is if you are anywhere near a source of 2.4ghz signal, that can also set your alarm off. ie if you leave your bluetooth on your phone in the on position and leave it in your car it might go off.

For info Facelifted cars do not have a microwave adjustment for the alarm.

So what if I unplug the microwave sensor..... will it disable it from alarm or just cause it to go off? Might try and see.

I've unplugged the microwave as well, hopefully no more alarms.....

5821267928_a4ced3593a_z.jpg

Untitled by nathjh1, on Flickr

and yes that is definitely the microwave! i know these things!! :thumbsup:

:toast::crybaby::toast:

Mate will attempt to de sensitise your alarm today

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links