Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr180 37Mpg!

RichC

Really really let down with my SR180! Best I can get out of it is 37mpg! I should be getting low 40's.

Lacks power and generally bores me biggest mistake I ever made buying this! Car is on finance and will be going back in June, thank god!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daveyonthemove

• Auris sr 180

• Mistermena

• cabcurtains

Really really let down with my SR180! Best I can get out of it is 37mpg! I should be getting low 40's.

Lacks power and generally bores me biggest mistake I ever made buying this! Car is on finance and will be going back in June, thank god!

How many miles on the clock mate? You tried cleaning the EGR valve and changed fuel filter? Shell V-Power really helps as does a K&N air filter with a Tunit box :thumbsup:

37mpg is quite decent from the 2.2 D-CAT I'd say!

I'm currently averaging 35mpg, but that is mainly short journeys so I'm actually quite happy.

I'm also using v power diesel

Cleaned EGR and inlet pipe it's only done 27k just serviced fuel filter not due. Tried Shell Vpower diesel 75 quid for a tank!! I got 2 mpg more on Sainsburys city diesel.

The tuning boxes work! Well it gave me 12mpg more on my m-way trips :thumbsup:

You should be happy its doing 37MPG for a 2.2 engine

I was concerned about my 2.0d doing 34 MPG On the average trip computer but thats local using the heaters constantly, with lots of short runs.

Without sounding thick does anybody know the actual mpg I fueled up from Shell £1.379 a litre puting in £40 returning 220 miles

It all depends what way u drive I'm getting 43 mpg average thou I have a speedbuster box fitted on my sr180 I have to say I love my car it a brilliant motor

It all depends what way u drive I'm getting 43 mpg average thou I have a speedbuster box fitted on my sr180 I have to say I love my car it a brilliant motor

Are you using a K&N air on it?

No just standard air filter it's due a full service Maybe see more of an increase in mpg

Take your own oil for service if you're having it done at the main dealer and save yourself lots of wonga...

I'm a tech myself we use millers oils really good quality

Without sounding thick does anybody know the actual mpg I fueled up from shell £1.379 a litre puting in £40 returning 220 miles

34.48MPG :crybaby:

The only way to achieve decent MPG from his engine, is to drive at peak torque.

Cruise at 1750 RPM and it will improve (Thats about 65MPH in 6th gear), but you'll be lucky to see above 44mpg over the tankful if you mix long drives with town and cities.

Most people seem to sit in 4th in a 30 zone, but the engine labours slightly and economy is lost, so 3rd gear is best at that speed.

Taking all of the above into consideration, your MPG will drop as the temperature gets cooler, but this engine is still very thirsty IMO, and the running costs are making me consider another change, and probably back to VAG group as I know the engines better, they are tuneable easily, and return good MPG regularly.

37mpg I wish.I am getting about 30mpg on mine and thats on v power.Thats relatively short journeys though.Just fitted a spider box so will have play with the settings and see what I can come up with.

That is poor for diesel in truth its pointless owning a TOY diesel

Im sure a civic type r or many other hot hatches could acheive 30MPG

Rubbish mpg.I,ve got to live with it now because i can,t afford to change it now.Shame really as I do like the car.

lol no way a type r is a thirsty beast I had one and you would be lucky to c 20 mpg my sr 180 would have loads more power and returns 43 mpg yous boys need to lay off the right foot a bit.why did yous buy A 2.2 180 bhp car if your after good miles per gallon . More power more fuel

The thing is, not so long ago you could have the power AND economy from most diesels, but now the emissions regulations strangle the economy from modern engines.

It wasn't too much to ask for a diesel engine to achieve 180-200bhp and still return 60mpg on a good run. My Leon TDI proved this regularly, and I kind of expected a modern 2.2 to manage it too, but I was/am wrong.

On the other hand, I seem to be getting higher than average MPG from mine compared to others, but it is boring as hell and pointless having the power, hence my desire to change soon.

Let's be honest Toyota even admitted the SR180 was a flop! Poor performance IMHO it doesn't feel like a 180bhp motor! It's lazy. My parents Altea 2.0 TDi performs much much better, active responsive engine typical VAG.

Poor residuals, poor performance, poor economy, Toyota got it wrong!

I walk into a Toyota showroom the Hilux Invincible catches my eye, look around what is there? Nothing! Average age of Toyota owner 60 WTF they need to seriously act as I fear it's going to go so very wrong.

Roll on June my SR180 will go back and I cannot wait to see the back of it, VAG here I come maybe even a 330d if I can push the boat out.

335d even more fun! And like a rocket with a Tunit box bolted on...

335d even more fun! And like a rocket with a Tunit box bolted on...

Why stop there? Double the price again and and go for...

M5 even more fun! :P ;)

Forget this diesel rubbish :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links