• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • First Name:Peter
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Auris Excel 1.6 Manual Transmission, Protection Pack
  • Year: 2012

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hi Guys,
Well what a drive the 2012 Auris is so good infact on Wednesday I'll be ordering it and will have for Christmas specs Below:

Auris 1.6 6 speed manual Model: Excel
Park Assist as standard
Comfort Pack as standard
Protection Pack
Paint Protection FOC
Colour Zenith Blue
0% Finance 36 months

Current car value £6,500 :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 BassaJay

BassaJay

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Toyota Model: Auris Icon 1.6 Valvematic CVT

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Hi Guys,
Well what a drive the 2012 Auris is so good infact on Wednesday I'll be ordering it and will have for Christmas specs Below:

Auris 1.6 6 speed manual Model: Excel
Park Assist as standard
Comfort Pack as standard
Protection Pack
Paint Protection FOC
Colour either Island Blue or Zenith Blue
0% Finance 36 months

Current car value £6,500 :D

Congratulations, what a Christmas present. Excellent spec.car, how did you find the ride quality on the 17" inchers - be interested to compare with 16's? Either of those blues are a good choice IMO.

#3 Auris TSpirit

Auris TSpirit

Auris Excel 2012

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I only drove an Icon with 16" alloys but saw the Hybrid Excel model so saw what the inside of mine would be kitted out like,even though it was the 16" alloys I test drove with was very nice. :D

#4 Auris2010

Auris2010

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • First Name:nivlem
  • Toyota Model: Auris sports 1.6 manual
  • Year: 2013

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Nice! Im thinking of swapping mine as well as i like the new model. Had a test drive with excel hybrid and feels good. The only thing holding it is the prize😅 and which model to get. Either a diesel or petrol coz cant afford hybrid.

#5 forevered

forevered

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Toyota Model: toyota auris 1.6 sr

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

are the wheels 225/45 r17s ? if so i would have made sure i tested a car with those wheels on before commiting to buy.
they are the size on my sr and are very firm compared to the 16 inch. potholes are felt a lot more and all my family complained about the hard ride for the first few months after buying.

#6 BassaJay

BassaJay

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Toyota Model: Auris Icon 1.6 Valvematic CVT

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Toyota must be about the only car manufacturer where the tyre sizes are not disclosed in their bumf, even including their sales brochure. There is not even a mention of wheel width regarding their optional alloy wheel choices. To me this is basic information and very irritating by its absence.
From my experience there are two cars that I am aware of where the ride quality between 16" & 17" rims was very noticeable. They were the current shape Honda Civic and the Skoda Octavia in which case the 16's gave a far better ride comfort-wise. Hopefully that is not the case with the new Auris but of course on a dealer demo test drive the tyre pressures may not be correct so even that element potentially comes into play.

#7 Auris TSpirit

Auris TSpirit

Auris Excel 2012

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Above ordered and went for Zenith Blue, dealer will let me know on delivery date tomorrow and I'll post it here for informational purposes. Posted Image

#8 Auris2010

Auris2010

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • First Name:nivlem
  • Toyota Model: Auris sports 1.6 manual
  • Year: 2013

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Got a deal with a new auris sports 1.6 petrol manual today. Was hoping for a hybrid but cant squeeze enough from the dealer and still cant afford the payment. Hope everything goes well with it.

#9 Auris TSpirit

Auris TSpirit

Auris Excel 2012

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Finally today the dealer got a chassis number and the car will be loaded tonight and will be with dealer tomorrow evening or Wednesday morning, picking up Saturday 2pm. Posted Image

#10 Uncle Buck

Uncle Buck

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter
  • 1,332 posts
  • First Name:Paul
  • Toyota Model: Auris SR180
  • Year: 2008

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

Went to my local dealer tonight as they had an introduction to the new Auris on. There was an Island Blue Icon model (2nd up in the range) in the showroom & a 1.6 Sport 5-dr in Vermillion Red for test drives. Have to say I was impressed by the sharper look of the car, especially at the front & rear. Brings the Auris right up to date :)

The interior has a higher quality feel to it, with soft touch controls & a much better finish to the dash & console. The backlighting is a soft blue with all the dials easily seen and read.
Loads of space in the boot, but I can't help thinking they've robbed a little from the rear legroom ? My 3-dr 2008 Auris has more room left behind me for a passenger.

On the road, I could immediately feel that the suspension has been tweaked - definitely stiffer than before, but still comfy. A neat trick that only the Focus used to manage. I'd say it's very close to a 16" wheeled Focus or Golf for comparison. It handled quite tidly and rode the bumps well too. The brakes were very positive & gave me a strong confidence factor - always good.
The steering had a nice weight to it, helped by a nice wheel to hold. Nothing worse than overlight steering with no feel - like quite a few Nissans I know !

The 1.6 engine was quiet & smooth, but like every naturally aspirated motor of that size I've ever driven it needs at least 3k rpm on the dial before you feel any real torque. But after this it pulls rather well, making its 130 bhp quite believable. I liked it, but did miss the easy low-rev pull of the diesel. Having had many petrols before, I'd adjust to this & so would most I think.

The one stand-out feature that I thought was very impressive was the reversing camera fitted high in the centre console. As soon as you engage reverse, on it goes & even at night time it lit up the road nicely. Nice one :thumbsup:

All in all, it's fair to say I was impressed by the new Auris. It didn't blow me away, but it is a nice improvement on the now older model. Let's face it - the GT86 is what you buy if you want fun in the Toyota range :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users