Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric Fault

abbey1

I Have 2001 Toyota Avensis 1.8 vvti last nite when driving all of sudden my air conditioning turned off and electric power to the windows cut off and now showing the Battery warning light on the dashboard.

I have changed the GAUGE fuse No 10 which is for windows and a/c all in one fuse few times each time when changed the a/c and windows will come back on and the Battery light will not show again then after 15 mins it will go back to stage 1 again windows and a/c will cut off.

Have taken the car to local electrician he said could be something to do with the air conditioning but was to busy to have an look.

Please can anyone help or have any suggestions

BE MUCH APPRECIATED

I Have 2001 Toyota Avensis 1.8 vvti last nite when driving all of sudden my air conditioning turned off and electric power to the windows cut off and now showing the battery warning light on the dashboard.

I have changed the GAUGE fuse No 10 which is for windows and a/c all in one fuse few times each time when changed the a/c and windows will come back on and the battery light will not show again then after 15 mins it will go back to stage 1 again windows and a/c will cut off.

Have taken the car to local electrician he said could be something to do with the air conditioning but was to busy to have an look.

Please can anyone help or have any suggestions

BE MUCH APPRECIATED

Hi,

If the fuses are blowing, you either have a short or it could be a faulty temperature control unit. Try using it without the aircon on & if it does not blow, then it may be the aircon switch or aircon unit.

Hopefully sombody else with superior knowledge will advise you what is causing it .

If it does turn out to be the control unit, they are available on eBay for £20 to £50.

Edited by marama32

Hi

Good point I will try that tonight Ive replaced the fuse a few times and then turned the a/c on and moved the windows up or down and the fuse has blown

Hi

I have replaced the fuse and not turned the air con but after 40 or so mins the power will still cut off and the fuse will blow have tried a 15amp fuse samething happens but takes a bit a longer to blow out.

Any suggestions

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links