Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modifications

justin7

Hey all, obviously as the iq is becoming more prominent as time goes on, I wonder what ways people have changed their cars..there are a few members on here that have lowered and put rims on etc... what have you done to your car?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• justin7

• marcandsebe

• Ruud-from-Holland

• Heathie

Tinted all windows inc top stripe on front windscreen, private plates, removed all dealer stickers, new tax disc holder, changed horrid orange bulbs to silver vision ones, lowered 35mml, getting K&N 57i kit made Wednesday & ordered twin exhaust system with bigger bore size. Holidng out on wheels as very very fussy & last set I got I imported from the states for my Clio 172. Sure I forgotten something....

I love her, she's great :driving:

Might see if I can get leather seats retro-fitted but apart from that, can't think of anything worthwhile - it's just my little car.

Just drove down to demon tweaks to get my new rims :D....gettin some badges ordered in from toyota today...and fitting some custom carbon fiber bonnet/front splitter/spoiler soon! :D

Where are you getting your bonnet from Justin, cos everyone i have spoken to so far wont do it because it will cost too much

Got them fitted in Hoddesdon so right on border & local for you too. They do it in just over hour! Most other places were quoting at least 3

ooh that sounds VERY interesting! barely 10mins from harlow! :D

could you PM me the details of the garage if you have them and its not too much trouble please? :)

did you get the springs and bits/pieces from them too?

hey sally,

errm honest to god i have no idea what the garage is called... all i know is its somewhere in derby. my mate in manchester is taking me. I could ask him next time i see him or i can get a card when i get down there and pm you. either way il keep u informed when i find out!

Its a custom exhaust from a local garage run by a couple of my friends who specialize in performance and tuning, it cost me £240 including parts and labour. It starts just after the cats and we put a silencer in after we filmed the video (i presume thats where you have seen it)

Members are reminded that any modifications (and particularly those enhancing performance or handling) should be declared to their insurance company in order to avoid complications in the unfortunate event of a claim :)

anymore developments people?

I showed it already at several places of this forum, but here's my summary:

Silver light bulbs,

Silver painted front grill,

Chrome rings on front fog lights

Chrome rings on rear reflectors

Smoke-color wind deflectors on windows

Chrome mirror caps

Chrome garnish on doors

Chrome rear garnish

Trailer hook

Rear skirt with 2 dummy chrome exhaust pipes

Rear spoiler in car color

Ashtray

Foldable dog bench over the back seats

Truck horn

For now, thats about all, but I've ordered a rear view camera, so that will be the next thing and the chrome mirror caps will be painted for 3/4 next week.

Still thinking about automatic retractable mirrors when locking the car.

Ruud

Still in contact with Blitz, Janspeed & also a carbon manufacturer ref some bits for mine. Exhaust next though now the filter sounds so ace.

has any1 considered buying the illuminous scuff plates?....if any1 replaced the glowy orange lights for red ones i think itl look weeellll coool! 200 quid tho :S

has any1 considered buying the illuminous scuff plates?....if any1 replaced the glowy orange lights for red ones i think itl look weeellll coool! 200 quid tho :S

I have the normal scuff plates that come with the iSytle kit, and happy with them, although the illuminated ones would be cool I couldn't justify the extra cost.

There was a set on eBay for a bit cheaper I think?

naa mate they still are 200 quid!! its disgraceful.....neverthelesssss im gettin my chrome mirror caps today! :)

naa mate they still are 200 quid!! its disgraceful.....neverthelesssss im gettin my chrome mirror caps today! :)

I'm picking my Chrome Mirror covers up tomorrow!

Also, has anyone looked at or thought about the Chrome Bumper corner covers? £177 I think.

Well for advertising I intend to pimp up the IQ a little. hopefully making it stand out a bit so people remember the car and the name down the side. Its not going to look tacky thou or a Halfords bolt on.

I'm an ex vehicle technician so will hopefully end up with lots of little electrical extras in the car.

Just ordered afront and reverse camera of which I intend to interface into the sat nav, then I'm going to change the interior lighting, upgrade the sound system, put some day time running lights on it, change the wheels then think of some oter mods just got to wait for the car to turn up.

Does anyone know what alarm the car come with?

Also as an ex Clifford alarm r&d guy I may add the intelistart system, depends on the immobilisation built into the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links