Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Battery Drains If Car Not Used For 2 Days

nravi

The Battery of my 2005 Avensis (T2 1.8 petrol 5door auto) drains and it fails to start when the vehicle is not used for two or more days. Other than the standard audio system it has no other extra fittings. The Battery is six months old - a Toyota Battery. I have replaced the battery twice since I purchased the new car. In the past the Toyota dealer used to maintain that the drain was probably because of the alarm but with frequent occurrence has consented to carry out an electrical check to find the source of the problem.

If any of you had experienced a similar problem, suggestions on what could be the source of the problem will be greatly appreciated.

The battery of my 2005 Avensis (T2 1.8 petrol 5door auto) drains and it fails to start when the vehicle is not used for two or more days. Other than the standard audio system it has no other extra fittings. The battery is six months old - a Toyota battery. I have replaced the battery twice since I purchased the new car. In the past the Toyota dealer used to maintain that the drain was probably because of the alarm but with frequent occurrence has consented to carry out an electrical check to find the source of the problem.

If any of you had experienced a similar problem, suggestions on what could be the source of the problem will be greatly appreciated.

You probably have a 60Ah Battery fitted. Assuming it's not fully charged it would be flat in 48hrs if there was a drain of approx. 1Amp on it. The most likely cause would be the radio so try pulling the fuse(s) for this (you'll probably lose the presets if you do) and see how long it lasts then. If you have a multimeter you could measure the discharge current and see what different pulling different fuses make. If you don't have a multi-meter the small yellow ones sold by Maplin for about £5-7 are remarkably accurate on DC and read up to 10A. Go round the car at night and look to see if any light is glowing inside and outside the car.

Regards

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links