Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Handling - Suspension Set Up Question

Insanity-74

should be interesting . why not take a few picks as you fit it?

i will be :D i have a build thread on Swjcc.co.uk

dsc0004ej.jpg

dsc0001o.jpg

Looks nice mate. How much was it including vat delivered from Fensport?

Demon tweaks £145

can't wait to see if it really makes much difference.

WOW that bar makes a difference to the handling big time i will be upgrading my brakes as i find myself driving a lot faster lol

I can feel my rear now!!!!!

You will be very happy with how big the improvement is not i just need front strut camber shocks and springs then should be like a train!

Excellent news....I must admit anti roll bars make a big difference on just about any car....

I have ordered some new gas shocks as the current shocks are old and tired....some Eibach springs will be accompanying them :) and of course a new rear anti roll bar :) the front strut brace is already in place and a beefy rear strut brace is being custom made for me as we speak......well maybe not right now as its late :) . (Decided to avoid BCcoilovers as I dont think they will suit what I want and I wouldnt trust them)

Ive also been messing about with tyres....obviously there are huge differences and some suprising results...so far the best all round tyre apart from the Goodyear GSD3s (better than the new asymetrics IMO) are the old faves Toyo proxes.....Yokohama A539s are crap and should be avoided at all costs...not bad in the dry, but terrible in the wet. Khumo ecsta were suprisingly good and reasonably priced.

Next upgrade on the handling front will be converting the rear drums to discs...once I can find time to visit Dawesy.

After that a big brake upgrade for the front...any recommendations for this would be good as all I can find are hugely expensive.

Excellent news....I must admit anti roll bars make a big difference on just about any car....

I have ordered some new gas shocks as the current shocks are old and tired....some eibach springs will be accompanying them :) and of course a new rear anti roll bar :) the front strut brace is already in place and a beefy rear strut brace is being custom made for me as we speak......well maybe not right now as its late :) . (Decided to avoid BCcoilovers as I dont think they will suit what I want and I wouldnt trust them)

Ive also been messing about with tyres....obviously there are huge differences and some suprising results...so far the best all round tyre apart from the Goodyear GSD3s (better than the new asymetrics IMO) are the old faves Toyo proxes.....Yokohama A539s are crap and should be avoided at all costs...not bad in the dry, but terrible in the wet. Khumo ecsta were suprisingly good and reasonably priced.

Next upgrade on the handling front will be converting the rear drums to discs...once I can find time to visit Dawesy.

After that a big brake upgrade for the front...any recommendations for this would be good as all I can find are hugely expensive.

Was going to invest in some Goodyear asymetrics some time soon..heard nothing but good things about them. How come you prefer the GSD3s?

I have ordered some new gas shocks as the current shocks are old and tired....some eibach springs will be accompanying them :) and of course a new rear anti roll bar :) the front strut brace is already in place and a beefy rear strut brace is being custom made for me as we speak......well maybe not right now as its late :) . (Decided to avoid BCcoilovers as I dont think they will suit what I want and I wouldnt trust them)

Was going to invest in some Goodyear asymetrics some time soon..heard nothing but good things about them. How come you prefer the GSD3s?

The GSD3s seem to me to have less side wall flex...grip is about the same...the asymetrics run smoother and quieter...they are by no means bad tyres..they are in fact excellent, but just not quite as good as the GSD3s

The GSD3s seem to me to have less side wall flex...grip is about the same...the asymetrics run smoother and quieter...they are by no means bad tyres..they are in fact excellent, but just not quite as good as the GSD3s

I see...would you say grip is the same in both dry and wet? More bothered about wet because the Falkens I have atm are absolutely LETHAL..

Any other tyres match the Goodyears in terms of wet grip?

I see...would you say grip is the same in both dry and wet? More bothered about wet because the Falkens I have atm are absolutely LETHAL..

Any other tyres match the Goodyears in terms of wet grip?

Not that I have come across...Toyo Proxes are very close performance wise in wet and dry....so worth a look....they are reasonably priced too;.

Goodyears are brilliant in wet and dry...no tyre gives me as much confidence as the Goodyears do you cant beat them....they stick like glue in all conditions but are expensive.

WOW that bar makes a difference to the handling big time i will be upgrading my brakes as i find myself driving a lot faster lol

was it easy to fit?

was it easy to fit?

well we did it in the dark and in about 40min just 2bolts that need undoing and a bit of force lol.

I would give it about a basic skill needed to fit.

was it easy to fit?

well we did it in the dark and in about 40min just 2bolts that need undoing and a bit of force lol.

does it feel different when pulling away ? is there more spin?

was it easy to fit?

does it feel different when pulling away ? is there more spin?

tbh I havn't done a fast launch yet but I will see and find out lol

does feel abit quicker though maybe that's just me but could be because it's stiffer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links