Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg Dropping..

cmh shek

Hey guys, I usually get around 25mpg but I was out last night and I resetted the average mpg on the screen.

I noticed that at a stand still it would drop rapidly from 40 back down to 25..I used to think it was just my driving but surely when the cars just idling, the mpg shouldn't drop so dramatically? Does this mean something's been wasting my fuel all this time?

Dont think the mpg display is too accurate on most Toyota's tbh - you can keep a seperate check via the 2 trip meters and your fuel reciepts to give a better overall mpg figure.

When was the last time the engine had a service ? a combination of worn plugs/dirty air filter/thin contaminated engine oil will see a reduction in fuel consumption and power.

Short journeys in this colder weather will also do the same to the mpg.

Mick

Dont think the mpg display is too accurate on most Toyota's tbh - you can keep a seperate check via the 2 trip meters and your fuel reciepts to give a better overall mpg figure.

When was the last time the engine had a service ? a combination of worn plugs/dirty air filter/thin contaminated engine oil will see a reduction in fuel consumption and power.

Short journeys in this colder weather will also do the same to the mpg.

Mick

It's due a service soon, but I change the oil every 5k and just changed the plugs not long ago also got Apexi Air Intake.

Drives like normal and doesn't seem like there's any power loss...just thought it was strange how it drops when the cars not moving. Don't think it used to do that :unsure:

Well, when you're stopped you're doing 0 mpg and if that's being factored in it will make the average mpg drop pretty quickly I imagine :)

Well, when you're stopped you're doing 0 mpg and if that's being factored in it will make the average mpg drop pretty quickly I imagine :)

Oh..so it's normal I take it.. :bag::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links