Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Time Flies....

carozaco

Sorry for the cryptic title!

I drove my 1.8VVTi some nine miles, parked up, then went back to it about an hour and a half later. The clock (previously set accurately) had magically gained about half an hour and was reading 17.00 hrs!

Any explanations, please?

A time warp, worm hole, Star Trek, the TARDIS :rolleyes:

Other than that I have no idea ;) :lol:

A time warp, worm hole, Star Trek, the TARDIS :rolleyes:

Other than that I have no idea ;) :lol:

"Taxi for Phoenix999, please!"

:D

A voltage fluctuation can cause such anomalies to occur. After the engine is switched off the only two events that may have caused such would be either or opening or closing the car. It may be worth checking out that aspect. Set the clock then open and close th ecar and see if anything happens?

On the other hand maybe the clock is just furbarred.:)

A voltage fluctuation can cause such anomalies to occur. After the engine is switched off the only two events that may have caused such would be either or opening or closing the car. It may be worth checking out that aspect. Set the clock then open and close th ecar and see if anything happens?

Could this problem be related to another one - that occasionally the fuel gauge gives wierd readings? I filled up the tank yesterday, and drove forty miles, the needle hardly moved. Then on the return trip the gauge never registered above a quarter full.

Could this problem be related to another one - that occasionally the fuel gauge gives wierd readings? I filled up the tank yesterday, and drove forty miles, the needle hardly moved. Then on the return trip the gauge never registered above a quarter full.

Most vehicles have a voltage stabilizer for all the instruments, ie because the car uses a 12 volt system which varies due to conditions like alternator output up to 14.4vdc or low Battery condition when the car is not used for a while, ie below 12v. It works through like a ballast resistor type system so at any given input say between 10vdc and 14.4vdc the output will always be a constant 9vdc if that is what the instruments rely on as a constant supply, this means the instruments will always read true. I suppose cars built these days will have an electronic device which gives a constant voltage which may not be a part you can replace easily. One last thought, a bad connection on the supply wiring or in the fuse box may also be a possibility.

I'm not saying these is the correct answers to your query but it could well be an idea towards solving it. :thumbsup:

Best regards Pete.

Most vehicles have a voltage stabilizer for all the instruments, ie because the car uses a 12 volt system which varies due to conditions like alternator output up to 14.4vdc or low Battery condition when the car is not used for a while, ie below 12v. It works through like a ballast resistor type system so at any given input say between 10vdc and 14.4vdc the output will always be a constant 9vdc if that is what the instruments rely on as a constant supply, this means the instruments will always read true. I suppose cars built these days will have an electronic device which gives a constant voltage which may not be a part you can replace easily. One last thought, a bad connection on the supply wiring or in the fuse box may also be a possibility.

I'm not saying these is the correct answers to your query but it could well be an idea towards solving it. :thumbsup:

Best regards Pete.

That's very kind of you to answer in such detail - I'll have it investigated. Once again, many thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links