Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Can I Tell If Vsc Is Fitted & Which Models Was It Fitted To?

sferg

Hi all -this is my first post here on the TOC forum, as I am considering buying an Avensis for my next car.

Im after the D4D diesel, and my budget dictates that I'm looking at 2003-05 models. I'm particularly interested in models fitted with VSC (Toyota's version of "Electronic Stability Control") and have been trying to find out which models had this fitted as Standard or Optional.

I have managed to find out via Parkers.co.uk that on D4D's it was fitted as follows:

T-Spirit models - standard from launch.

T-3X and T4 models - as an option together with cruise control between June 2003 and March 04, then as an option on it's own (without cruise) from March 2004 for a couple of months until May 04.

It appears that it was unavailable on all other models from 2003 - 05.

Please can anyone tell me the following ?

1) was VSC fitted to T-3X and T4 models beyond May 2004 (Parkers dosn't say!)

2) on T-3X and T4 models between June 03 and March 04, was it always fitted with cruise? I wonder if any of you have it fitted without cruise for between these dates? (Currently I'm looking for the cruise control stalk on any photo's of cars for sale, to try and second-guess if it is fitted to that particular car!)

3) Was it ever available to the lesses models below T3-X?

4) What should I be looking for on the dashboard to confirm it is fitted? (e.g: VSC light?) I think this is probably better than hoofing it round a bend in the snow, with the owner in the passneger seat, to try and find out!

Any other infomation would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all -this is my first post here on the TOC forum, as I am considering buying an Avensis for my next car.

Im after the D4D diesel, and my budget dictates that I'm looking at 2003-05 models. I'm particularly interested in models fitted with VSC (Toyota's version of "Electronic Stability Control") and have been trying to find out which models had this fitted as Standard or Optional.

I have managed to find out via Parkers.co.uk that on D4D's it was fitted as follows:

T-Spirit models - standard from launch.

T-3X and T4 models - as an option together with cruise control between June 2003 and March 04, then as an option on it's own (without cruise) from March 2004 for a couple of months until May 04.

It appears that it was unavailable on all other models from 2003 - 05.

Please can anyone tell me the following ?

1) was VSC fitted to T-3X and T4 models beyond May 2004 (Parkers dosn't say!)

2) on T-3X and T4 models between June 03 and March 04, was it always fitted with cruise? I wonder if any of you have it fitted without cruise for between these dates? (Currently I'm looking for the cruise control stalk on any photo's of cars for sale, to try and second-guess if it is fitted to that particular car!)

3) Was it ever available to the lesses models below T3-X?

4) What should I be looking for on the dashboard to confirm it is fitted? (e.g: VSC light?) I think this is probably better than hoofing it round a bend in the snow, with the owner in the passneger seat, to try and find out!

Any other infomation would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know which level of models were fitted with VSC but if it is there, a yellow symbol of skidding car appears briefly in the rev counter when the ignition is switched on. Cruise control stalk is below the wiper stalk.

Fitter

When you put the key in and turn it to ON look at the bottom and it should show TRC OFF, VSC (i think) and a picture of a skidding car in orange. They should go off within 2 seconds. Also where the headlight beam control is their should be a TRC OFF button. This turns the traction control off.

Thanks guys for this info, should make it easier to find one!

I wonder if all T3-X and T4 have it fitted after May 2004 - has anyone got a T3-X or T4 with VSC built after this date, and if so was it fitted as standard an option?

Also, am I right in thinking VSC was always fitted with TRC and vice versa?

Thanks again if anyone can shed some light on the subject!

you can't have VSC without TC but if your 1st post is correct "T-3X and T4 models - as an option together with cruise control between June 2003 and March 04, then as an option on it's own (without cruise) from March 2004 " then evidently you could have TC without VSC?

you can't have VSC without TC but if your 1st post is correct "T-3X and T4 models - as an option together with cruise control between June 2003 and March 04, then as an option on it's own (without cruise) from March 2004 " then evidently you could have TC without VSC?

I have a 2007 T4 Petrol Auto and VSC and cruise control were standard on it. TC is fitted on some makes of car without VSC but TC is an essential part of VSC.

Fitter

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links