Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

After Some Urgent Advise Please Guys

big_chris

i have owned my fair share of toyotas and i am a big fan 3 starlet turbos and a mr2

bascially im in the position where theres a corolla t sport compressor for sale at my local toyota dealer

8.5k with 20k on the clock one lady owner 55plate not a mark on it

been haggling with them for a few weeks

atm they have offered me a resonable apr costing me about 215 a month finance over 4 years offered me a years warranty aa cover and to sort out the only problem with the car a kerbed alloy, also they said if theres less than 9 months mot they will put a knew one on

the problems i have is running costs atm i have a fabia vrs remapped it is a very powerful car and i do do about 18k mileage a year

id probably keep there car 2 years what do you think its value would be in 2 years with roughly 60k on the clock

and another thing is im going to try and waggle a 2 year warranty after reading about the exhausts and leaky shocks

though i probably would put a full stainless system on

what do you all think worth doing or not my vrs has been a cracking car putting out about 170bhp shocks many cars

is the extra finance running costs possible problems worth it i no its my decision but im just asking for some advice and quickly cos im off back down the garage first thing in the morning

thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• big_chris

• CoCo24

• ricc

• Avanzato

Top Posters In This Topic

guessing this is the red one at synters Cardiff? Looked very tasty, was tempted to go and have a test drive myself but am not getting a 'rolla comp anymore. I thought it looked like a reasonable price, given its from a toyota Main dealer, compared with other examples on autotrader etc.

as for future year value, its a rare car which could work either way. Become sought after thus keeping the price up, or fading into obscurity thus people not knowing its true value = problems coming resale.

Your mileage is alot each year, the fuel bill is going to be pretty hefty. Users here struggle to get 30mpg and you need to run it on premium fuel too...

guessing this is the red one at synters Cardiff? Looked very tasty, was tempted to go and have a test drive myself but am not getting a 'rolla comp anymore. I thought it looked like a reasonable price, given its from a toyota Main dealer, compared with other examples on autotrader etc.

as for future year value, its a rare car which could work either way. Become sought after thus keeping the price up, or fading into obscurity thus people not knowing its true value = problems coming resale.

Your mileage is alot each year, the fuel bill is going to be pretty hefty. Users here struggle to get 30mpg and you need to run it on premium fuel too...

thats the one mate

well im guessing id be putting about 70quid a week in maybe

how come you decided against the comp

thats the one mate

well im guessing id be putting about 70quid a week in maybe

how come you decided against the comp

hi there,compressors are heavy on fuel if you have a lead right foot,around town you should get 22-25 but this will drop like a stone if your hammerin it, on the motorway keep to the 70 mph speed limit and i have seen upper 30's figs on a long run to devon.i also have a stainless which may be going into production by blue flame.nick

*****.......driving normally i cant get above 28 on a normal Tsport :( Or is my normal driving bad? :rolleyes:

If i was you id go back to the starlets :) Cost nothing to run/tune and a well set up 1 would run riot with a compressor.

*****.......driving normally i cant get above 28 on a normal Tsport :( Or is my normal driving bad? :rolleyes:

If i was you id go back to the starlets :) Cost nothing to run/tune and a well set up 1 would run riot with a compressor.

the starlets where cracking cars expensive though when you did upgrade them had 2 mint ones and one dodgy cost a bomb for a upgraded clutch to cope with the power and a new suspension setup

wouldnt really fit to good in a starlet these days im a pretty big lad

and also i want something new and comfortable to drive around in

the only thing thats keeps bringing me back to the corolla is cos its so different and iv never seen one on the road and i love being different

i can control my right foot though living in and around alot of towns i do alot of town driving and stop starting

and travel back and forth cardiff nightly which is roughly 15 miles each way but theres lots of dual carages ways so if your sensible i shouldnt imagine it too bad

do you think they would offer me the 2 year warranty if i pushed them cos id probably go for it then knowing i aint gotta worry about shocks supercharge exhaust so on

and servicing isnt too bad every 10k

I had an ibiza tdi 130 (same chassis, engine and gearbox as your fab) which was remapped by CC to 175bhp and 280lbft before i bought my cts.

Don't regret it at all, the cts would teabag my old derv and is far far far far far far far more entertaining to drive and it's more practical, more refined and in all honesty, week to week isn't that much more expensive to run.

I've never looked back! even if my cts is broken again :'(

ive had a compressor for a while now and i do loads of miles in it and i dont mind paying the fuel bill, because of the smile the car keeps giving me ( well apart from when im trying to get bits sorted). if i had a bargin like that i would go for it. think i paid a bit over the top for mine but still enjoy it.

I had an ibiza tdi 130 (same chassis, engine and gearbox as your fab) which was remapped by CC to 175bhp and 280lbft before i bought my cts.

Don't regret it at all, the cts would teabag my old derv and is far far far far far far far more entertaining to drive and it's more practical, more refined and in all honesty, week to week isn't that much more expensive to run.

t sports seem pretty solid

im just very wary of the horry stories i have heard on this site

with exhausts,sensors coming on,rear shocks, superchargers

scary stuff i dont wanna be back and forth the garge and car less id go spare specially after forking out quiet abit of money which you would expect no problems with being low mileage well looked after and japenese

ive had a compressor for a while now and i do loads of miles in it and i dont mind paying the fuel bill, because of the smile the car keeps giving me ( well apart from when im trying to get bits sorted). if i had a bargin like that i would go for it. think i paid a bit over the top for mine but still enjoy it.

how much did you pay for yours

how many miles do you do

whats your weekly costs on fuel

have you had any problems soz for all the questions

just wanna make the right decision

IMHO the town driving and mileage will be expensively crippling.

As Dailey said, even a CTS round the doors is ***** poor. Add the charger into the mix and your just asking to have an empty wallet.The derv will trounce it on MPG and efficiency.

'IF' the Comp breaks it will be extortion to fix as compressor parts are somewhat inflated over the price of a regular T-Sport items.

You probably could'nt get a bigger change between the cars in the 'nature of the beast' stakes. Unless of course you were looking at a Corvette ZR-1, which would probably get a better combined MPG than a comp. hahahaha.

My final point, I want a compressor :P

scary stuff i dont wanna be back and forth the garge and car less id go spare specially after forking out quiet abit of money which you would expect no problems with being low mileage well looked after and japenese

Don't worry, the Friday compressor is now in Scotland!!!!

I'm sure Chris would be able to fill you in some more on his experiences. But to cut a long story short, his car was a nightmare. Probably had more moneys worth of warranty repairs than the car cost to buy when first new. I have never heard anyone have the number of issues and then to have them repeat as he did.

Don't worry, the Friday compressor is now in Scotland!!!!

I'm sure Chris would be able to fill you in some more on his experiences. But to cut a long story short, his car was a nightmare. Probably had more moneys worth of warranty repairs than the car cost to buy when first new. I have never heard anyone have the number of issues and then to have them repeat as he did.

ahhhhhhh thanks

yet you still want a compressor lol wheres the logic

t sports seem pretty solid

im just very wary of the horry stories i have heard on this site

with exhausts,sensors coming on,rear shocks, superchargers

This is true but tbh they are reliable, there are plenty of people on here that will never have had a single issue. I was just unlucky i guess and bought a car that hadn't been looked after very well. All sorted now though.

The current issue is that my clutch exploded. Well it does nearly have 70,000miles on now and i knew the clutch was low. I gave it some stick and it couldn't take it because it was on it's last legs.

All in the clutch and flywheel is costing about £650 and i've managed to get uprated parts for that price. When i had my ibiza i had a sachs performance clutch priced up and with a dual-mass fly it came to over £1000! So really it's not that bad.

All cars will go wrong, it is unavoidable but imo you're more likely to stay away from the garage in a toyota hot-hatch than you are in say; a VAG or french car and in the end it will cost you less for the repairs, even after your warrenty has run it's course.

I say go for it!

how much did you pay for yours

how many miles do you do

whats your weekly costs on fuel

have you had any problems soz for all the questions

just wanna make the right decision

i paid out £13995 but it only had 9000 something on the clock.

well going back and forth from derby to taunton every week its about 200 each way

and to add to that i do sometimes blast it back and forth a couple of miles.

if i take it steady and drive like my nan, it costs me a tank worth which is about £55.

no major problem just bits i could sort myself thanks to the help of this lot.

i would take it, lady owner means a nice tidy motor and looked after.

+1!!!! buy it. then let me have a go.

haha great help that ahhhhhhhh

im so confused

caused me grief and headaches for 3 days solid now

if im honest i was like that when i bought mine but i really dont regret it one little bit.

GO FOR IT and i think alot of other (im hoping) will say the same thing!

if im honest i was like that when i bought mine but i really dont regret it one little bit.

guess so i got the money

and ur only young once

iv always liked to be extremly different to others too

think the 2 year warranty would settle the nerves abit though if they agree to it

be a nice peace of mind and aslong as they give me a car to run around in while it gets fixed lol

I'd take the 'Lady Owner' with a pinch of salt. I know many a couple who have both cars registered in the Lady's name solely for the 'added value' on resale.

You want stamps in the book, a clearly defined warranty period, the chance to give it a proper shakedown (not just a 10 minute test drive). I presume the dealer is also supplying a full HPI check/certification. Then little things like Full tank, propper TSport floor mats, full 12 month Tax/Ticket. Rinse the buggers basically :P

If you can you need to see the car in both natural daylight and artificial light. That way you can see if its straight and that the body has no 'wayward' colour patches/panels. I know someone's mother who bought an '07 Audi TT from a dealer as an ex demo. Car turned out to have been in a serious accident and had the entire offside rear quarter replaced and repaired (Was only found out by the paint miss-match under artificial light), none of which was declaired by the Audi Dealer who had to pay the customer back in full as the car was NOT as it was claimed to be. Meh, maybe I'm just a pain in the ***** with nice cars that seem too good to be true.

If that was all on the table present and correct, they'd get my money.........after I had kicked the tyres a few times obviously ;)

guess so i got the money

and ur only young once

iv always liked to be extremly different to others too

think the 2 year warranty would settle the nerves abit though if they agree to it

be a nice peace of mind and aslong as they give me a car to run around in while it gets fixed lol

yeah and im quite young. the warrenty is a good thing, even if something bad does happen which i doubt it will.

go on you wont regret it.

I'd take the 'Lady Owner' with a pinch of salt. I know many a couple who have both cars registered in the Lady's name solely for the 'added value' on resale.

You want stamps in the book, a clearly defined warranty period, the chance to give it a proper shakedown (not just a 10 minute test drive). I presume the dealer is also supplying a full HPI check/certification. Then little things like Full tank, propper TSport floor mats, full 12 month Tax/Ticket. Rinse the buggers basically :P

If you can you need to see the car in both natural daylight and artificial light. That way you can see if its straight and that the body has no 'wayward' colour patches/panels. I know someone's mother who bought an '07 Audi TT from a dealer as an ex demo. Car turned out to have been in a serious accident and had the entire offside rear quarter replaced and repaired (Was only found out by the paint miss-match under artificial light), none of which was declaired by the Audi Dealer who had to pay the customer back in full as the car was NOT as it was claimed to be. Meh, maybe I'm just a pain in the ***** with nice cars that seem too good to be true.

If that was all on the table present and correct, they'd get my money.........after I had kicked the tyres a few times obviously ;)

haha they done the hpi check for me all clear was ex demo in newport for abit and has the one lady owner which is stated i do believe it was her car as it had a private plate with her name on, even so its a 05 plate with 20k on the clock been averaging 3k miles a year so wouldnt say its been driven hard or battered

barely run in

im rinsing them more and more everytime i go there they try and fob me off saying its going to another dealer and i just say ok let it go next thing there on the phone to me

the car is parked outside constantly iv been over it a million times theres a tiny black mark on the wing mirror and one alloy is slighty kurbed which they have said they would sort out before i pick it up

i guess it all depends what mood im in tomoz and how nice they are too me lol

Good man :) Please don't think I was teaching you to suck eggs with my comments.

Everyone likes a compressor and every TSport owner wants a supercharger ;)

haha they done the hpi check for me all clear was ex demo in newport for abit and has the one lady owner which is stated i do believe it was her car as it had a private plate with her name on, even so its a 05 plate with 20k on the clock been averaging 3k miles a year so wouldnt say its been driven hard or battered

barely run in

im rinsing them more and more everytime i go there they try and fob me off saying its going to another dealer and i just say ok let it go next thing there on the phone to me

the car is parked outside constantly iv been over it a million times theres a tiny black mark on the wing mirror and one alloy is slighty kurbed which they have said they would sort out before i pick it up

i guess it all depends what mood im in tomoz and how nice they are too me lol

im hoping a good mood because thats a good bargin. and i think if you say you want it the little salesman will have a smile from here till next year lol ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links