Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Probably The Worst Question......in The World!

darcy10

I've been searching google far and wide for this info but cant find it.....

Is there in fact a VVTi celica around 00 - 02 that is actually 190 BHP or are they ALL 140??

my mate brought one over here to ireland from england and its a vvti but he is adamant that its 190 BHP.......... he says its the premium premier dynamic pack and its 190BHP or something but i dont know weather hes just sayin that cos he wants it to be or weather it actually is!?

Is it a VVTLi or VVTi? My understanding is that the 190 models have an 'L' meaning lift for the second high lift cam and the vvti has 140bhp and does not have the high lift cam

I reckon someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain that's how it is

Hope this helps

N

Is it a VVTLi or VVTi? My understanding is that the 190 models have an 'L' meaning lift for the second high lift cam and the vvti has 140bhp and does not have the high lift cam

I reckon someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain that's how it is

Hope this helps

N

his is VVTi, not L i

and thats what i thought, but then i checked here http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Summary.aspx?model=933 and it says there is a VVti with 190PS but i dont know if its a misprint or mistake in the details they have!

This is where Toyota decided to confuse everyone. The 190 with the VVTL-i Engine was introduced in the UK in 2000 with a Badge on the Tailgate that reads "VVTi-190". All 190's have Leather/Sunroof/Climate as standard which was a £1500 option on the 140 called the "Premium Pack". The 190 was discontinued in 2002 when all Gen 7's were given a face lift. From 2002 on, the T Sport was the only model with the VVTL-i Engine until the GT was announced in 2005.

HTH :)

Easy way to check is rev counter, if it goes to 8,400 then its a 190! 140's only going to 6,500 ish i am correct!

The 190 has a ceramic intake manifold instead of plastic aswell!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links