Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Compressor Intercooler

215 compressor

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 215 compressor

• Ckman85

• farhanali89

• KPARRIS-JONES

There's 2 or 3 people knocking about with a FMIC added to their Compressors. Apparently it does help increase the performance.

CKman is one of said chaps! I'm sure he'll be along shortly to comment. :lol:

best bet atm would be to speak to szuti, williams SP upgrade involved the pulley aswell and they used a dastek to map it.

Speak to szuti he fitted a front mount intercooler and used a greddy emanage ultimate to map the car it would be more suited to what you are trying to do thumbsup.gif

best bet atm would be to speak to szuti, williams SP upgrade involved the pulley aswell and they used a dastek to map it.

Speak to szuti he fitted a front mount intercooler and used a greddy emanage ultimate to map the car it would be more suited to what you are trying to do thumbsup.gif

Guys we just finished to install tein superstreet and tomorrow my mechanist will fit the pulley.Yes i have an fmic and we will install the e-manage ultimate on friday and then on monday or tuesday we will program that.So i'll be smarter 1 week later.If I'm ready i will tell the whole thing.

tbh just fitting a FMIC will probs wont do n e thing to the car, i guess u cud fit a dastek or some kind of piggy back and get it mapped and it will probs improve performance. But im no expert :-s

tbh just fitting a FMIC will probs wont do n e thing to the car, i guess u cud fit a dastek or some kind of piggy back and get it mapped and it will probs improve performance. But im no expert :-s

don,t no if any of you with compressors have fitted an intercooler to your compressor but was thinking of doing it this summer but was concerned about if i would loose any boost pressure or if the added cooling with counter balance the boost loss .i have noticed the temp on the intake manifold is very high so thought this would improve intake temp .opinions please

hi mate

be careful with overcharging -- this leads to overheating of pistons. In cacse yr pistons are not cooled then it is a risk of melting them.

Cheers/Igor

thanks for replys was thinking the cooler air would outway any slight pressure loss as the supercharger does get very hot under the bonnet so its clearly pushing in alot of hot air .more concerned that theres a big loss which may affect driveabilty .at some point i then want to see if i can source a pulley for the supercharger or a company that can make me one but wanted to get the intercooler fitted in preparation for next stage if you follow me.

Maybe call up Silverstone Performance and ask him where he got the solids pulleys from, he might be willing to since hes not selling the kit n e more

hi mate, what's the pulley do? Does it increase sc boost or make it more responsive or something? How much did it cost, and is it an easy fit?

Lol sorry for the gazillion questions :lol:

there is no issue adding an IC into the mix prior to upping boost. there will be a tail off on the overall pressure, but the gains and losses will be marginal.

personally i would add the ic. a lower inlet temp will always be more beneficial than batting on with quite high inlet temps. you may not feel a marked improvement but what you will get is a more consistant power delivery.

was definetly worth ringing sp about the pulley was lucky had one pulley left its now in the post :yahoo:

now to sort the intercooler and piping.

Glad ur able to get hold of a pulley :-)

How much did u pay for it if u dnt mind me asking?

szuti has someone who can cnc machine the pulleys if more are needed. He will need to see the pulleys and stuff. Im sure they could be bought from ogura direct if need be. thumbsup.gif

Thats a good price though for the pulley, a custom size intercooler and some decent tuning will sort it out. Have you thought about which standalone or piggy back your going to get. If you do try a greddy emanage ultimate its pretty good.

don,t no yet which piggy back yet i,ll get intercooler and pulley on then go from there .don,t no which pigggy back ecu were fitted to the compressors that sp did might look into that as there will be a base map for that one then it will be just the fine tuning

SP use Dastek Unchip. Where r u based? not near essex by n e chance? bcos the guy that mapped my car mapped many of SP cars aswell :-) The companies called Redline tuning

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links