Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Compressor Intercooler

215 compressor

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 215 compressor

• Ckman85

• farhanali89

• KPARRIS-JONES

don,t no yet which piggy back yet i,ll get intercooler and pulley on then go from there .don,t no which pigggy back ecu were fitted to the compressors that sp did might look into that as there will be a base map for that one then it will be just the fine tuning

SP use Dastek Unchip. Where r u based? not near essex by n e chance? bcos the guy that mapped my car mapped many of SP cars aswell :-) The companies called Redline tuning

i,m based in york but at the end of the day i would take the car down there if it meant having the car set up correctly.

I def recommend Redline Tuning, he also Tuned Kangzy car, the guy seems to know wot hes doing and hes mapped quite a few compressors now so im pretty sure he will know wot to look out for. Giv him a call and tell him Will recommended u to him.

Heres the companies website: http://www.redlinetuning.co.uk/

hi ckman is it possible for you to have a look at the diameter of the pipe on your supercharger to intercooler pipeing ive got odd pics ive saved and ive measured my supercharger pipe and its 57mm or 2 1/4 inch diameter .what i would like to no is .is the connection of the supercharger to the intercooler pipe reduced down to 2 inch pipe or is it a straight rubber joining pipe keeping the piping at 2 1/4 inch.sorting out the intercooler kit so just trying to work pipe diameters and intercooler sizes don,t want get piping to small or to large.thanks again. ps ; if you could tell me the size of the intercooler the height and width as well that to would be a great help.:help:

Hi m8, the piping to the intercooler r 2" he originally used 2.5" on their demo car, but after trying out 2" he said it was much betta, more pressure i think and less lag.

I believe SP use Viper performance Intercooler http://www.viperperformance.co.uk/productsearch.php?xscId=2968&mat=118 it will most probably be the smaller size one

hi ckman is it possible for you to have a look at the diameter of the pipe on your supercharger to intercooler pipeing ive got odd pics ive saved and ive measured my supercharger pipe and its 57mm or 2 1/4 inch diameter .what i would like to no is .is the connection of the supercharger to the intercooler pipe reduced down to 2 inch pipe or is it a straight rubber joining pipe keeping the piping at 2 1/4 inch.sorting out the intercooler kit so just trying to work pipe diameters and intercooler sizes don,t want get piping to small or to large.thanks again. ps ; if you could tell me the size of the intercooler the height and width as well that to would be a great help.:help:

Hi m8, the piping to the intercooler r 2" he originally used 2.5" on their demo car, but after trying out 2" he said it was much betta, more pressure i think and less lag.

I believe SP use Viper performance Intercooler http://www.viperperformance.co.uk/productsearch.php?xscId=2968&mat=118 it will most probably be the smaller size one

thanks for the info got the 2 inch piping kit and intercooler and pulley so gonna give it all a go this weekend .apparently thou the pulley a bit fiddly so might sort that first then on to intercooler and piping gonna be a long wekend :eek:

WOW!!! u got all the parts for it now? Just think of the final result, u will DEF appreciate the hard work :-)

I had the same size intercooloer i think and pulley also.Did you buy it from Matt?We mapped my car with e-manage ultimate and that's good.Yesterday i raced against Clk 350 0-60 is 6.1 and bmw 530d 0-60 is 6.4 sec and the result was egal so i like my car,but with the pulley i have just 0.6 bar.I think i have to make smaller pulley to get more boost.

Nice pics, where did u get the intercooler and pipings from? Hope everything goes smoothly

Joseph apparently if u go smaller on the pulley it will giv too much strain on the engine. But u can try it out and see if it works fine, then i might consider it in the future :-) How much power is ur car pusing now?

good stuff dude! removing pulleys are a cow...the engine bays tight aswell so its frustrating taking stuff in and out. How on earth did you undo the tensioner...i shoved my breaker bar down on the fake bolt but there wasnt enough space. I had to use a dodgy technique with 2 large spanners release the tensioner and yank the belt on.

Nice to know the headache of the belt and pulley being on is out the way. Keep us posted on the front mount tomorow.

ahh nice! i left the engine where it was and just used the ghetto 2 spanner trick to undo the tensioner when i had to undo it, Its a plus u got the engine up though but i suppose u needed to with the extra parts from the charger.

Nice on the breakfast and hope the install all went well, I want to see pics !!

Its nice you went the extra distance and got this done, im eager to see the outcome thumbsup.gif

good stuff dude! removing pulleys are a cow...the engine bays tight aswell so its frustrating taking stuff in and out. How on earth did you undo the tensioner...i shoved my breaker bar down on the fake bolt but there wasnt enough space. I had to use a dodgy technique with 2 large spanners release the tensioner and yank the belt on.

Nice to know the headache of the belt and pulley being on is out the way. Keep us posted on the front mount tomorow.

i took the engine mounting off and front gearbox mounting bolt then raised the engine as i had a new belt to put on as well so new its a bit tight to get into it all did make it a lot easier, then got 2 spanners on tensioner to pull it back :thumbsup: it did help raising engine for sorting pulley out or i think would have been an even worse job .

just had a good hearty english breakfast to set me up for day 2 .of into garage now will post pics as things progress

any news?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work mate, It'll look awesome and I hope you get some decent gaind from this! :yes::thumbsup:

will speak to you all in another week bumper won,t go back on had ,that many issues with routing piping at drivers side of car to intercooler didn,t put bumper back on to finaly check left side

and now i have piping is in the way so really peaved as had up and running as was well pleased .thought i,d sorted all issues but back to the drawing board. :ffs:

This stuff always happens with any mod you make to a car mate. I haven't yet done anything that hasn't returned some problems. :censor:

nice spot of welding there!

My query is regarding the intercooler itself. with all that pipework won't you get a rather large pressure drop? also the temperature increase in the supercharger is not like it is in a turbocharger?

Think you might want a remap! or piggy back chip.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links