Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does The Aygo Have Wheel Nuts Or Bolts?

PumpkinSteve

How are the wheels fastened on? I'm supposed to be getting my alloys fitted next week and I opened the sealed box of fitting that came with them and they have given me nuts, I thought the Aygo had bolts instead of nuts?

How are the wheels fastened on? I'm supposed to be getting my alloys fitted next week and I opened the sealed box of fitting that came with them and they have given me nuts, I thought the Aygo had bolts instead of nuts?

It does have bolts... get them swapped!

:censor: Just booked it into Revolution as well! It's a good job I didn't take the car along before realising...what idiots.

Right, I found the problem. They have sent the correct pitch: M12 x 1.5 but nuts instead of bolts! It was POTN.co.uk that did the dirty deed.

Imagine buying alloys, BEFORE checkingout if they`re supposed to be nuts/bolts. Rather than posting and waiting for an answer. Why didnt you just take off a wheel trim to find out? :P Think a "Darwin award" is in order. lol

Imagine buying alloys, BEFORE checkingout if they`re supposed to be nuts/bolts. Rather than posting and waiting for an answer. Why didnt you just take off a wheel trim to find out? :P Think a "Darwin award" is in order. lol

The company asked for my car details so that they could send me the correct fittings. Even if I had checked first, I still wouldn't have know the length/ pitch of the bolts...

The company asked for my car details so that they could send me the correct fittings. Even if I had checked first, I still wouldn't have know the length/ pitch of the bolts...

You dont need to know the pitch as the alloy wheel company can check this out for you. You ONLY need longer bolts if you want the change to a wider "track" in the car. I m sorry, but all this could have been less inconvient for you if you had just taken a wheel trim off to find out. No worries though. Lesson learned :thumbsup:

You dont need to know the pitch as the alloy wheel company can check this out for you. You ONLY need longer bolts if you want the change to a wider "track" in the car. I m sorry, but all this could have been less inconvient for you if you had just taken a wheel trim off to find out. No worries though. Lesson learned :thumbsup:

Well that didn't exactly work out last time, did it?

The alloys are 10mm thick at the hub, I don't need longer bolts? Then I can just use the ones that are on the car...

Well that didn't exactly work out last time, did it?

The alloys are 10mm thick at the hub, I don't need longer bolts? Then I can just use the ones that are on the car...

Correct. You DONT need longer nuts as you`re not changing the Aygo to a wider track. Just very surprised you didnt ask the alloy wheel company. Tis cool Lesson learned :lol:

Whilst we're on the subject of the Aygo's wheel bolts, anyone know a remedy or anything to stop rust/get rid of it? In the past few weeks my Aygo's wheel bolts, only on the front alloys, have started to rust... and of course rusty bolts look unsightly! Anyone know what could be causing it, or a remedy to get them back to normal? Thanks :D

Whilst we're on the subject of the Aygo's wheel bolts, anyone know a remedy or anything to stop rust/get rid of it? In the past few weeks my Aygo's wheel bolts, only on the front alloys, have started to rust... and of course rusty bolts look unsightly! Anyone know what could be causing it, or a remedy to get them back to normal? Thanks :D

They will inevitably rust as they are not protected.... keep them clean with a squirt of WD40 ... If really rusted you could go to the trouble of getting something called naval jelly which contains phosphoric acid or another product containing phosphoric... (phosphoric acid turns the iron oxide into a water soluble phosphate that you can simply scrub off) :thumbsup:

I've got black painted bolts so don't expect them to rust....

Regards

James

I ended up having to buy some anyway, got some nice chrome ones and Mcguard locking nuts too.

Check out my 'aftermarket alloys' thread for pics of my new wheels...sadly still not fitted.

P.S. James, I forgot to say thanks for the PM about the wheels/ springs etc... it was much appreciated.

I ended up having to buy some anyway, got some nice chrome ones and Mcguard locking nuts too.

Check out my 'aftermarket alloys' thread for pics of my new wheels...sadly still not fitted.

P.S. James, I forgot to say thanks for the PM about the wheels/ springs etc... it was much appreciated.

No problem mate! :thumbsup:

I might try some WD40, it just surprised me that they've suddenly (literally in the past few weeks) begun to rust. I wouldn't say they're terribly rusty, but definitely at the start of heading that way. But I'll try some WD40 etc and see what happens! Thanks :)

Been to Toyota today for a check-up, all fine. Asked them to check the front wheel bolts that are rusty, unfortunately they said they can't do anything. It's basically the wheel bolts on the two front wheels, apart from the locking wheel nut.

Anyone know how much the bolts might be to replace? Or where they're available? Should I go to Toyota for some new ones?

My friend had this on his, so he painted the bolts with a thin coat of Kurust and that stopped the rust bleeding.

Clicky

i got a set of chrome look plastic nut/ bolt caps that push on and look really good - no rusting and a nice finish to the wheels - need 17mm bolt size and you can get them in local car shops or online/ eBay etc - highly recommended! (and only pennies for each one...........

Please DO remember to take them off periodically...

The caps can trap water on the bolts, causing them to rust even more!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links