Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bad Thing(S) You Can Think Of About Your Iq

BarryIQ

The interior light is awful and wasn't changed as part of the updated interior.

The interior plastic marks far too easily and then shows up a lot if it's black plastic that's marked.

The thing that annoys me the most is the lack of protection in the wheel arches, particularly at the front, there is nothing stopping all the crud and stones from flying into the engine bay, especially on full lock or tight turns. For all the attention to detail and effort Toyota put into this car, this lack of finish is disappointing.

What ***** me off is toyota has given this car a facelift and new interior colour.

BUT THATS NOT REALLY WHAT WE WANT!

They could have spent the resource to fix the problem!

I am now getting a squeaking/creaking/clicking noise from my drivers seat. Everytime i move off or brake! Anyone has this?

I thought of something else I don't like, the headlights' high beam; there's barely any difference to the normal headlights' beam.

All my negatives are far outweighed by the positives, but I think it's good to share these sorts of things and even feed them back to Toyota so they can improve the quality even more on these neat little cars.

Seatbelt:

I am having alot of problem with the seatbelt lately...

About half of the time, the seatbelt(the plug part) will stuck between the door and the seat and the only way to get it out is to open the door again to free the seatbelt. It is getting really annoying...

haha, nothing to really report on mine apart from the following two things, what barry said.Its getting really annoying but cant help laugh how stupid it actually is to why it should keep getting stuck lol

and my other problem is after a long journey i will come home, park up, and it sounds like the exhaust is blowing, Open the door for instance before turning the car off. Turn the key and it sounds like a skyline when the engine stops.

and one more, the car vibrate when A/C is on. passenger side more

Seatbelt:

I am having alot of problem with the seatbelt lately...

About half of the time, the seatbelt(the plug part) will stuck between the door and the seat and the only way to get it out is to open the door again to free the seatbelt. It is getting really annoying...

haha, nothing to really report on mine apart from the following two things, what barry said.Its getting really annoying but cant help laugh how stupid it actually is to why it should keep getting stuck lol

and my other problem is after a long journey i will come home, park up, and it sounds like the exhaust is blowing, Open the door for instance before turning the car off. Turn the key and it sounds like a skyline when the engine stops.

and one more, the car vibrate when A/C is on. passenger side more

My car sometimes vibrate when stopped at the traffic light. Got told that its the nature of a 3 cylinder engine. Not sure if thats right or wrong as I am not a mechanical engineer.

Silver dashboard that seems to be left over costume part from a cheap TV Scifi movie which catches the sunlight from a whole number of angles and blinds me !

Silver dashboard that seems to be left over costume part from a cheap TV Scifi movie which catches the sunlight from a whole number of angles and blinds me !

I plan on purchasing an iQ when the arrive in Canada this spring. I really don't like the way the dash looks, but the car itself interests me. Personally I wish they made the iQ dash more like the dash in the Fiat 500. Much cleaner IMHO.

Glen

I reckon I endorse some criticisms.

1. The interior light is, well, an oxymoron.

2. Plastic trim. Expletives removed.

3. A comment was made about the shiny plastic housing the radio and satnav and the glare when the sun shines onto it. Fair comment. Fortunately, we don't get much sunshine in the UK and at this time of year it's a problem shelved for a few months before I notice it again.

4. Mr. T's leather seats are really uncomfortable on long journies. They were already in the car when we got them.

5. Fuel economy is not great. Still, at least Toyota don't make wild claims like Mercedes do with the Smart car recently featured on Watchdog. I'm glad we never even thought of sniffing a Smart car and I feel desperately sorry for those people that have bought one. It looks like, well, put it this way, you cannot polish a !Removed!.

6. My final "bad" is that I can't really say we have too many faults with ours. The number of "goods" significantly outweighs the "bads".

• 3 weeks later...

3 things

1) The way I have my drivers seat positioned, when I get out the seatbelt sometimes doesn't roll up and gets stuck on the seat. If I don't notice and shut the door, it smacks between the seat leather and door plastic, scratching the damn thing.

2) Rear seat belts rattle inside those grove things / work themselves out

3) The most annoying one, when I press the switch to change mpg /miles display I sometimes accidently press the clock one, resetting it to the nearest hour. AAAAARRRRGHHH!!

I've observed that all the bad things people have mentioned here are all fixable.

If Toyota engineer is serious on their creation, they should really use this thread as a check list to work out an IQ Mk2 (if there is one).

I would say with all the special characteristics IQ hold, an improved version could be the ultimate dream car for many of us.

I've observed that all the bad things people have mentioned here are all fixable.

If Toyota engineer is serious on their creation, they should really use this thread as a check list to work out an IQ Mk2 (if there is one).

I would say with all the special characteristics IQ hold, an improved version could be the ultimate dream car for many of us.

Yes please send a lonk to this topic to toyota and tell them the new white/grey interior is just anoying... IQ aims at fashinnable people and white/grey just looks like hospital colours...

A clock that sets itself for daylight saving !.

(Even my humble Vauxhall Agila did that, and did not describe itself as a luxury car.)

Rdgs

Only thing to remember is whilst the IQ is quoted as luxury if you tot up the extras onto say a Aygo+ to make it like an IQ you soon realise that there is not much difference - so what luxury there is, is going to be limited.

If you want the real luxury model go buy the Aston :)

Only thing to remember is whilst the IQ is quoted as luxury if you tot up the extras onto say a Aygo+ to make it like an IQ you soon realise that there is not much difference - so what luxury there is, is going to be limited.

If you want the real luxury model go buy the Aston :)

I probably would if it was released when I bought my IQ... Also it is limited to existing Aston Martin owner :(

• 4 weeks later...

Only had my IQ2 for a month now, so here is my short list of bad things.

1. Interier light is poor
  2. Fact that you do not get a glove box / bag as standard - come on Toyota, at £11,000 I would think you would through this in.

On the next version it would be useful to have some backlit switches for the mirror adjuster and closer also behind the auto gear selector .

Rgds

auto gear selector will light up when you switch the lights on, mine do.

These are my gripes...

1. Rubbish interior light

2. Clunky clutch/gears - trying to change down especially is often a problem, but I've been assured there is no problem...

3. The shift light comes on telling me to change down in gear (ha ha) if I go over 70mph, but I've been advised the light's just a guide

4. Fuel consumption's not as good as promised

5. Wing mirrors that stick out so much they get hit easily

6. Using the sound system takes a while to get used to

• 1 month later...

I think people like Iron should be hired by car industries in order to really improve their products and not only make face-liftings that destroy sometimes the original look. In my IQ I also have noticed the above mentioned "issues" and I would like to share the following:

1. Rear belts if not in the specific place are making noise - the matellic part hits the plastic. Solution: put carpet stickers in the place of contact. 2011 Model has sorted this issue.

2. The display unit should be in the center, in the dipslay provided for the belts and not hidden in the left. Not too worried about this

3. OK someone can learn to use the radio BUT why make people suffer :wacko: ? I'm going for the Sat Nav that's touchscreen.

4. All plastics are very easy to scratch I have three big scratches from the belts as mentioned by Iron :crybaby: . 2011 model has better plastics, so hopefully it should not be an issue for me.

5. Really, the fuel consumption is NOT so low as expected :huh: , despite the fact that the car is not very speedy in general. That's why I am going for the iQ3. I think they should have put a supercharger or turbo on it like a Daihatsu Charade Gtti I use to have. That had 3 cylinders and was very quick.

6. The 3 cylinder engine when iddle, creates a "pr-pr-pr" like strange noise. My Daihatsu sounded unusual, but not a bad sound

7. The hand brake is a little far from the drivers hand. I am 6', so hopefully not a problem

In general, I think that if Toyota improves IQ by listening to all IQ owners, the next edition of IQ will be a disaster for all competitors. :thumbsup:Too true :yahoo:I have a Hilux pickup and that has been perfected over a long period

These are my gripes...

1. Rubbish interior light Yes I've noticed that. It's LED. I was going for the foot well lights. I woder if they will help?

2. Clunky clutch/gears - trying to change down especially is often a problem, but I've been assured there is no problem... Is yours an iQ1, iQ2 or iQ3?. After driving the manual and auto of the iQ3. The auto is the one I most likely will get

3. The shift light comes on telling me to change down in gear (ha ha) if I go over 70mph, but I've been advised the light's just a guide I probably wont take much notice of the light

4. Fuel consumption's not as good as promised

5. Wing mirrors that stick out so much they get hit easily My Hilux has very large mirrors and I much prefer them large to small. The iQ3 has powered mirrors, so this should help

6. Using the sound system takes a while to get used to

I will go for the touch sreen sat nav, CD and radio

• 3 weeks later...

I've only had my IQ for 2 weeks and have small niggles with it, I find it hard to see through the quarter window when reversing, there's hardly room to see it, also, a girly question..:rolleyes: can you lower the headrests? mine seems very high and because it's covered I'm having trouble even working out if it can be done!

The biggest shock has been checking out insurance, it's due in March and using the usual online comparison sites, all seem to quote around £400!:!Removed!:

I traded in a Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX five door and my insurance was never as high as these quotes, any advice please?:)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links