Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

TVIS 4A-GE 200BHP N/A Project

KPARRIS-JONES

this is the best i could do on short notice:

piston-hug-1.gif

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KPARRIS-JONES

• 4afte

• AE_92

• dawesy

ahh ecu . . would you like it?? ? ?? ohhhh would you sir!!

naa dude. was saying do you want the ecu from my gti? had a change of heart with letting my mate have it. ? i kinda think mr ecu is missing his lover miss 4A-GE

That's an epic smiley!

Ah thanks Lee, but you should probs sell it on to someone as I need an aftermarket ECU. If you want i can sell it on for you (provided you send it to me) and give you all the cash minus advertising costs?

Thanks but no thanks. :)

Had a problem with the pulleys in the post, I tracked it and it has been sat in the office for 3 days despite the 1st class stamp! :angry:

Should have them soon dan ;)

that's not good, why has that been stopped there?

No idea mate, phoned them up and got arsey with them and they have sent it out today. Should arrive very soon if not today then tomorrow. Not too bothered as I have a lot of time to do all this stuff. I would like to get a few other things engraved but I can't think for the life of me what I should get done! :lol:

get a billet gear knob and get that engraved?

hhhhhmm already have a Momo knob though. :D

Not too sure...... I'll have a long think: :g:

could engrave the front calipers? and then get then panited

Good idea! :yes:

I'd like that, just need to think of what to engrave it with. :D

I may get the upper cam cover engraved with 4A-GE TVIS in the same font as my signature...

if it were me i'd go with corolla, you know the gt4's have celica on their calipers. but that's just me. or toyota, can't go wrong with manufacturer name.

Good idea! :yes:

I'd like that, just need to think of what to engrave it with. :D

I may get the upper cam cover engraved with 4A-GE TVIS in the same font as my signature...

are you going to be keeping the tvis?

Yes, I will be getting ITB's with the vacuum channels for TVIS.

can I ask why?

Iam pretty sure it will have to be removed when putting on Itb's

Because I like the TVIS system sound. :D Nah I can keep it if I want, just have to hook up all the vacuum channels correctly which is the tricky part.

I will have to double check but I am 70% sure I can keep it.

If TVIS has been proven to restrict power then I will remove it. ;)

TVIS was use to keep a constant velocity of air throughout the rev range right? well it only really works for the lower revs, if your your ditching the standard manifold for ITB's then surely the airflow velocity will be entirely different to begin with and the TVIS components will just add turbulence when the ITB's are reaching for the power band?

my two pence, but i guess the only way to know for sure is on a dyno :rolleyes:

Yeh, won't be too hard to do. I will set up an ECU Map with TVIS and another without so I can literally swap it there and then after the run with TVIS.

TVIS shuts off the butterfly valves, 1 per cylinder, at lower revs to increase the air velocity and thus torque. It then opens up higher in the range to get high end power. I don't think it will be restrictive because the only thing that has actually been cut out with the use of the ITB's is the manifold box and single TB.

I have a feeling it is one of those things that a bloke did because a bloke told him to, and he did it because another bloke told him to etc and we don't know why the original bloke did it in the first place! :lol:

I'm a long long way off so I won't get too worried about this now, but I will do a little research.

yes but i mean that a the high rev range you're trying to acheive the little voticies could by the turbulence immediately behind the TVIS butterflies will rob you of power. in order to do an accurate comparison test of with and without you'd need to try removing the TVIS and fitting a spacer plate between dyno runs.

Hmmm now I understand. I think you're right actually. I'll see what I can do. I have received a reply from TI after asking about it:

Hi Kynan,

Sure, the TVIS system does act as a restriction by having the extra

butterflies, so it will hurt HP, therefore it's not used with ITBs. It

really does a similar thing, although not as effective, so it would be like

having two sets of throttle bodies stacked ontop of each other... not

beneficial.

Kind Regards,

Jeremy Levartovsky

Well that's cleared it up then. I'll remove the TVIS. It's now up for sale. :P :lol:

:yahoo: My painted pulleys arrived today and they look sweet! Thanks Dan :thumbsup:

Here they are:

IMG_1411-1.jpg

IMG_1412-1.jpg

IMG_1413-1.jpg

IMG_1414-1.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

:drool:

What do you think?

I am a bit worried about a large chip in the edge of the crank. I am not sure if it will unbalance it at all... :unsure:

only one way to be sure, balance it. a quick way to check would be to rig it to a power drill. if it tries to vibrate in your hand even slightly it might need a balance. you just have to centre it on the power tool accurately though. They look very tasty :thumbsup:

I'm friends with a guy who has his own workshop, retired and running a small home business where he balances cranks, polishes and ports Heads with his Gas-Flow machine and his own CNC machinery! :o

He will balance the Crank for me, maybe he can weld a little metal onto the back of the pulley....

Yeh I love 'em, May send off my Water Pipes to be done in that colour soon. :D

Just shifted the crank and Pulleys to me room to clear the garage space and also sent off an e-mail to my guy to see about porting the Head, Blasting the block and Head and Balancing the Crank.

Got this e-mail back:

Hi Kynan,

Our 4AGE Kit has a manifold included, you just need to select whether you've got the small or large port head...

http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_info.php?products_id=112

The manifold and throttle completely replace your factory manifold and TVIS plate.

Kind Regards,

Jeremy Levartovsky

Done and dusted. :)

Should start cleaning up the sump ready for powder coating today.

Well been out in the garage for the past week just tinkering, prepping, painting the usual graft involved to get a perfect looking motor. Not that I'm complaining, I have a worthy goal. :D

The Igniter Coil and Resistor brackets are currently drying off in gloss black, along with the PAS Pump and Bracket. The Igniter and Resistor packs will themselves be painted in silver to make them stand out again. I also have the Timing End Engine-Mount Plate in black which has dried and has been put away into storage.

Here are a couple of pictures of how it all stands:

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

Had to shift the Gearbox, Crank and Pulleys all to my room to make some extra space in the garage:

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

Will shift the Block and Head up there too when I get them cleaned up and painted too.

My middle finger managed to get acquainted with a bit of paint stripper which enjoyed removing a few layers of skin :sick:

My internet has a mind of its own so I can't get any more pictures.... :angry:

Another thing to note is that I have almost got that Water Junction/Elbow off after many nights of soaking in WD40 and 3-in-1 and vigorous whacking with my trusty lump hammer :lol: :

enginesuspendedandworkcommences008.jpg

Thanks for looking.

KP

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links