Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Easy Listening

GIDDLEPIN

Following on from Jappy's "This song is quality" thread I thought it might be a good idea to put up songs that grab your attention, not necessarily what is in the charts just what ever rocks your boat at the time :thumbsup:

Heres mine (only because it was in that damed advert and I couldn't get it out of my head :lol: )

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raistlin

• Bizarra

• cfc1

• dave.m

Top Posters In This Topic

Les you have such good taste - i absolutely adore that song - it never fails to pick me up when im feeling a bit blue, good choice :thumbsup:

I think this is the best version of this particular song, from one of the greatest bands ever.. I have this in the car and it sounds fantastic at full blast.

Wish I had the pleasure of seeing them live.

Yep I like that one as well Em :yes:

Thanks Teegs :thumbsup: I really shouldn't have put it on because it keeps going through my head all the time.....only because I like it :D

It will be good when there are a few more on here then we can open the page and click on what we fancy while posting ;)

Davey.....you have put up one of the bands from my youth (Yes I am old :P ) I remember listening to this one in my mates flat on his ginormous reflex Speakers :yahoo:

Absolutely superb Les.. here's another for those that don't know the band... they SHOULD at least know this song... and shame on them if they dont.

This one will always remind me of my 1st chemo, it was playing on the radio in the chemo suite :rolleyes:

seemed very appropriate at the time :lol:

Sh*t, I am going to have to visit this forum more often. Got a bit of stick for suggesting Pink Floyd

are the greatest band of all time on the Rav forum. Been listening to them since high school, which

was not yesterday. Pulse DVD is brilliant :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dave.

One of my all time favourites!

This one will always remind me of my 1st chemo, it was playing on the radio in the chemo suite :rolleyes:

seemed very appropriate at the time :lol:

CLICKY

Nice one Kimi! That I believe was the first music video I ever saw :P Its a good one!

Me? I dunno there are so many songs for my various moods lol... right now I am getting into the more industrial side of things ready for next weekend... so prolly this one for me atm..

Just thought I'd get this going again.. this guy is class.

Hi all,

Davy, if you paste any more of my favourite groups/ videos on here I am going to think one of two things.

1, we are distant relatives or -

2, you have been in my house and seen my collection (do I need to ask my wife any awkward questions) :lol:

Actually I have allways liked JMJ though not quite as much as the the floyd. Anyway video below is one that

allways make me laugh, because I love Mike Oldfields guitar playing. When this song came out I had been

DJ'ing for about a year (when I was a lad). He is actually taking the p*ss out of disco music, hence the title

Guilty.

Enjoy,

Dave.

Hi all,

Davy, if you paste any more of my favourite groups/ videos on here I am going to think one of two things.

2, you have been in my house and seen my collection (do I need to ask my wife any awkward questions) :lol:

1. I do actually have relatives in Motherwell... in one of the Multistories

2. Did I leave my I-pod there by any chance? :lol:

I quite like Mike Oldfield too.. some good stuff.

Hi all,

Hi all,

Thought I would ressurect this thread after finding this one. I have this on CD and find its great /uplifting if you are

having a bad day. Allthough I must admit I have had some strange looks singing along to this at the top of my voice

sitting at traffic lights :o

Enjoy,

Dave, ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Hi all,

Thought I would ressurect this thread after finding this one. I have this on CD and find its great /uplifting if you are

having a bad day. Allthough I must admit I have had some strange looks singing along to this at the top of my voice

sitting at traffic lights :o

Enjoy,

Dave, ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sU824ioWvs

Oops, second time lucky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sU824ioWvs

Dave. ;)

Here's another one of my favorites :yes: I like it for it's content, the deep and meaningful lyrics as well as the excellent presentation but my main reason for appreciating this fine contribution to the world of music is.........................The bird with the long hair's boobies ;)

The girls at my school looked nothing like that, or Britney Spears :lol::lol::lol:

Ok so it was over 30 years ago :D

Dave.

I've just read in the newspaper.. and yes, I CAN read :lol:) that Franz Ferdinand have covered David Bowie’s 1977 single Sound And Vision for a new compilation marking the 40th anniversary of BBC Radio 1... but,

Girls Aloud are doing the backing vocals.. :angry: :( .. lets hope they don't kill it.

Here is Bowie's version.

This song is old but I just love the words

I don't know how you guys embed the 'Youtube' links straight into your posts :unsure:

Done it for you ;)

Edited by GIDDLEPIN

I've just read in the newspaper.. and yes, I CAN read :lol:) that Franz Ferdinand have covered David Bowie’s 1977 single Sound And Vision for a new compilation marking the 40th anniversary of BBC Radio 1... but,

Girls Aloud are doing the backing vocals.. :angry: :( .. lets hope they don't kill it.

Here is Bowie's version.

Davy, another classic :thumbsup: I told my wife I want Bowies song Ashes To Ashes played at my funeral (cremation)

She just gave me a look. When I offered an alternative of The tramps, Disco Inferno (burn baby burn) she just gave

me a slap :lol::lol:

Dave.

Sorry folks not sure how to embed this video properly :unsure:

Anyway, many thanks for the great Floyd video's, super band and like Davy, I wish I could have seen them live.

Some people will love or hate this song but it's the video that has stuck in my mind for many many years.

Done it for you :thumbsup:

Les

Hi all, this was the very first single I bought when I was a lad. The 70's ROCKED !!!! :lol:

Dave.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links