Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T-Sport Sound Install Thread

farhanali89

Started on this, put some money aside and want this bit finished

just thought i would start a build thread on this

System:

JL Audio HO108RG

JL Audio XD400/4

Alpine 9884R HeadUnit

Alpine SPG17CS Components

Alpine SPG13C2 Coaxials

JL Audio HDRLC

Power

JL Audio 4AWG Power Cable

Stinger RCA's

Stinger 16AWG Speaker Cable

Stinger 12AWG Speaker/Subwoofer Cable

JL Audio 4AWG Negative Cable

Misc

Connects 2 Steering Remote Adaptor & Stalk

Connects 2 Single Din Adaptor

Custom MDF Speaker Baffles All Around

Maxmat Sound Deadening

Silent Coat Sound Deadening

Full Speed Ipod Control Through Alpine/ USB Aswell

IMG_0242.jpg

JL Audio HO108RG

8W3V3 In Original JL Audio High Output Enclosure

Weight 8KG

Plan for this install, Lightweight, Versatile save on space be able to remove in total ease have a tidy install and sound stage.

IMG_0251.jpg

Pioneers were exchanged for the matching alpines on the rear, Will update this thread shortly

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• farhanali89

• CorollaD4D

• Bong Water

• wangtastic

Looks like your going all out for it then :clap:

Think its time to update mine now :lol:

bro that stalk adapter thing - does that mean you're factory steering controls with work with your alpine? i'd like some help with that please cos i can't seem to find the right bits to do it!

ye bro i tested it and it works but i think its only for the facelift controls i tested it all missed nt being able to use my steering but it works now nice little investment for 20 quid

my car is facelift bro which website did you buy the gear from, or did u get it from a local place near to you?

Ah wikd i got it on eBay it was a connects2 kit all i needes with it was tge alpine patch lead will send u the link wen im hme jus using my phnw to access net

Cool thanks bro :) that means i wasted £25 on the !Removed! alpine remote lol! guess i'll slap it on eBay

this was the link bro for the alpine unit to the corolla

Alpine Steering Control

Nice one bro do I need any other components (my understand is steering wheel adapters come in stalk adapter and patch lead) or will this unit do the whole job?

edit: throw up some more pics of your car and sound system lol i really like how you've tastefully done your car not over the top but just nice ;)

ah massive hiccup!

yday driving home from work Battery discharge light came on and stayed on.....

Seems the alternators died! Not good news especially when my car has hit the 40k mark........the only reason i can logically see it failing was due to dust in the body shop when we had the hood of? I doubt it but its a possibility its busted the alternator

Sh*t man thats bad news bro! If it is just the dust then can you take alternator off and open the casing and give it a thorough clean and retry it? personally i would try that before spending ££ on having a new one fitted. its definitely not the wiring of the sounds which cause the issue then?

update, alternator was fine seems just the positive terminal had fallen slightly loose on the alternator. So were back on.

No real updates trd rear strut has been fitted, most of the dynamat has been done.

Boot area is near enough now back together, Car has been lowered a tad on the front. Its far to cold to do anything at the moment but i need to crack on!

Picturessss :P +1 on cold, set off twice for uni this morning and then thought f it not worth the trouble! any luck with the tuning and shizzle or not at that stage yet?

nothing as of yet, only rear coaxials are in but cards are off at the moment, will be undoing them quickly to use speaker terminals instead of solder.

i have a few pics of the carnage haha just uploading them to photobucket so bare with me for a moment

i built the amp stand myself as it will be placed under the seat i made sides to the stand to stop some legends kicking it LOL.

2b11cc78.jpg

7922d9a7.jpg

covered in grey carpet

fff71238.jpg

mdf rings roughly marked out

6bf5555a.jpg

cut and assembled

a6c468b3.jpg

Front door cards removed, I used maxmat to bulk up the doors and add mass to them. Ithen used silent coat behind the Speakers.

i tried to keep deadening to a minimum i wnted a very lightweight system but our doors are like tins! so i did get some sound deadening on them. I wanted the system weight to be the just a TAD more than the weight of a full size spare alloywheel which i now remove lol.

Also to be fair i am running very light wheels at the moment so a bit of a compromise for some comfort in the car wont go a miss with some sound.

2fecfffb.jpg

I also installed my jl audio hdrl under the handbrake, its a remote bass controller

23215a01.jpg

3acc072f.jpg

4e95bf36.jpg

Running cabling under the seat.

93e2de50.jpg

It was a nightmare running all the cabling under the seat.

I have the power cabling runin down the side of the car tucking in under the carpet.

RCAs wil run down the centre console area, The ground cable is bolted to the handbrake bolt.

speaker cabling was taken down both sides of the car through the rubber grommet which was a NIGHTMARE!

it is directly into the doors now so its good news. I didnt fully remove seats i just unbolted and pulld them back a bit with some help.

i also went for new headunit adaptor, placingmy camcon in the centre console pocket so its hidden

c582eed9.jpg

A lot of carnage going on indeed :)

It will be sooooo worth it though bro, can't wait to hear or see it in the flesh :thumbsup:

Farhan looks pretty slick and nice idea on the amp holder thingy to stop the amp getting battered. btw you got ample space in the rear to access the outer metal skin and do a really nice job on the sound proofing so make it slick, money and time permitting.

if you have any deadening left over put some on the mdf speaker rings a little bit, that does help.

keep us updated looks really good and those new JL amps are tinyyyyyyy!!

edit: the bass controller down by the handbrake doesn't give any problems using it when the handbrake is down does it? if not thats a clever place to hide it...

just finished working on the car, been out since i got back from work in this cold.

Rear door cards are back on, I didnt use any silentcoat on the mdf rings but i applied some more behind the speaker area. I put the rear cards back on, was a pig to do!

everytime i put the card on got both seat belts lined nicely this ruddy clip kept falling off AGHHHHHHHHHHHH

ANYWAYS i managed to get it all back on and all the clips both sides THANK GOD.

now the not so good news, i have to focus on hiding the wiring going up to the headunit and a majority of it is running down under the gear console area......will be tackling that during the course of this week, then saturday all being well my components will be fitted and system wll be tuned!

those plastic clips are really annoying man, seems they hold the whole car together these days. doesn't your wiring up up behind the heater area in the dash up to the rear of the headunit, in which case it would be hidden already? try taking it from the amp up the right side of the car. then across under the steering wheel and up from there that may be easier?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links