Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T-Sport Sound Install Thread

farhanali89

yea the wiring will route up that way at the moment its all bundled near the handbrake area already been fed through the carpet i just want to tie it up together as the wiring is quite long soi need to tuck it away somewhere but i will be doing that today hopefully by this weekend all should be dne

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• farhanali89

• CorollaD4D

• Bong Water

• wangtastic

ring in to work and say your can't get out cos of the snow and finish your install :P

• 3 weeks later...

any updates or news on your audio Farhan, did you get chance to complete yet or has cold weather not let you?

I'm looking into getting Optima Red top Battery (which far exceeds my factory Battery specs) for my car and upgrade big 3 with 0 awg wiring. Do you have any info on this Battery by any chance?

any updates or news on your audio Farhan, did you get chance to complete yet or has cold weather not let you?

I'm looking into getting Optima Red top battery (which far exceeds my factory battery specs) for my car and upgrade big 3 with 0 awg wiring. Do you have any info on this battery by any chance?

Hey bro, At the moment components are in its pretty much done but im unhappy with a few things firstly the headunit adaptor i cnt seem to get the old one i had. As shown in the photow to bongwaters reply.

I have ordered the same adaptor again from america so i should be here after new year, Another thing i need more clarity upfront the alpines aregood but because i want a very musical sound stage im going for focals and selling the alpines.

Will be going for the focal anniversary editions as i absolutely loved them in my mates r32 and we had pretty much the same system installed.

Pics of head unit and fascia adaptor fitted please?

DSC02043.jpg

Yep the two i have are perfect matches unlike the blue ones available here in the UK. I ordered both of mine from the US.

The fascia with he pocket uptop is made by best kits american international BKTOYK960

second kit with the pocket blow is made by metra

Defo do it, if my new adaptor comes in from america you can have mine in the photo in this thread. Its a black one the reason i want my old one again is because i have a camcon which doesnt fit to well in the one with a lower dash pocket.

Focal, wow sounds like you're stacking some bomb product into that motor! Don't ditch the alpines off hand though, the setting up and tuning of a system makes a big difference you know.

When passed my test and had my 2001 toyota yaris as a hand me down the audio i had in there was worth like £300, yet because it was installed properly dynamat etc and tuned up nice my mates who had amps worth more than my whole system were like yeah it sounds nice lol. but definitely the focals are a league of their own compared to alpine.

and as usual keep us up to date, been looking at changing some stuff on my own car audio wise may need a bit of advice off you re focal equipment when you have yours. Was looking at the 165 KR although i dunno if they're good or expensive !Removed! at the moment...

Defo do it, if my new adaptor comes in from america you can have mine in the photo in this thread. Its a black one the reason i want my old one again is because i have a camcon which doesnt fit to well in the one with a lower dash pocket.

Cheers, I am tempted, I plan to keep this car for a while and I need a solution to my stereo situation but i'm not sure if removing the standard kit is it at the moment as there some plug and play options out there

How much would you want for it?

Do you know of any Speakers that are a direct fit that the standard grills will fit over so it looks totally standard?

Cheers, I am tempted, I plan to keep this car for a while and I need a solution to my stereo situation but i'm not sure if removing the standard kit is it at the moment as there some plug and play options out there

How much would you want for it?

Do you know of any Speakers that are a direct fit that the standard grills will fit over so it looks totally standard?

Ill just send it out just cover postage as i wont be needing it and they are not very expensive dude. If i remember correctly you have a facelift here is what i would do.

Change headunit to a unit you want, Fit adaptor i can help you out if you are local.

If u have a facelift you can buy a connects 2 stalk patch which will retain your steering controls its around 25 quid.

For Speakers again not to hard getting the front door card off. You will need to remove the stock Speakers they are held in by rivets. I would advise using MDF rings very easy to fabricate up or you can buy the plastic adaptors.

Thanks for the offer, i'm going to keep the car standard and make sure my next car has everything I want.

I'll just get a Parrot PKM5800 for now.

Thanks again

Edit : For god sake why cant I decide what to do! I want to keep the standard kit fitted but I want a decent head unit, I dont even use the standard Sat Nav but it just seems a shame to remove it :ffs:

Thanks for the offer, i'm going to keep the car standard and make sure my next car has everything I want.

I'll just get a Parrot PKM5800 for now.

Thanks again

Edit : For god sake why cant I decide what to do! I want to keep the standard kit fitted but I want a decent head unit, I dont even use the standard Sat Nav but it just seems a shame to remove it :ffs:

I am biased because I throw thousands of pounds into my sound system in the car since it is where I spent most of my time so I don't bother with home audio/ipods etc however having owned and experienced audio in my friends cars I can wholeheartedly say the facelift corolla comes with the worst quality factory audio system to have ever been fitted in a car ever!

If you don't use the factory sat nav even bigger reason to upgrade the audio. Even if you don't go down the whole amps etc even changing the head unit to a good quality alpine or pioneer unit will make big difference to your audio. probably cost you £100 all in - for the unit the fascia Farhan kindly offered to give you and then if you can't fit it yourself I'm sure one of your mates will do it for a pint or two.

and one thing i've noticed, everyone seems to install the headunit lower with the pocket on top of the head unit but my car i've got the headunit above the pocket. is that jsut the fascia i used or have i got it wrong way round?

Yeah I think you are both right, i'll enjoy it so much more with a head unit that will play my music collection but i'm paranoid because everytime I take a car to get it fitted with something such as when I took my Prelude to have Speakers fitted, they break something or just do an utter joke of a job, they all seem to be the same!

I'm also still considering fitting an X-Carlink to the standard unit or just getting an FM transmitter, I want to keep this car for as long as possible but I get tempted to change it in the summer

Bring the car to me and ill do it for free, Its not hard at all and theres 0 chance something could break as its extremely easy changing the corolla headunit over.

Speaker fitting is more involved than changing the head unit. If you're nearby then I suggest you get the bits and take Farhan's generous offer up!

Im also an audio fitter ( IMI creditied )so if anyone needs any audio fitted i can do it for you but im no good at fibreglass sorry :) i can even do parking sensors and hardwiring of radar detectors and satnav.

I am awaiting delivery of my second fascia unit i estimate it will arrive mid january as its coming from america. I will let you guys know once i remove this one, I offered it to bong first so if he decides by mid jan he doesnt want it you can take it richglanza.

Thanks for the offer of help but i'm in Manchester so thats some distance :D

Thanks very much for the fascia adaptor offer Farhan I really appreciate it. I've decided on an X-Carlink and to keep all the standard stuff in place, that way when I sell the car I can remove the X-Carlink, just seems like the best all round option as I dont know how long i'll be keeping the car for as I want a flat next year and I may need to sell it to free up some money

as an aside.

I am happy to help anyone in the southampton/portsmouth area with sound installs.

Just holla at me. :)

I have the advantage of my dad and grandad being trained sprakies and full use of their tools :P

• 3 weeks later...

All done!!

The Focals are in, It sounds amazing for such a small set up. Photos to follow of the finished install.

I ended up going for the alpine kce-400bt bluetooth module so i have handfree in the car.

In the end however it didnt work out cheap so i broke the bank with this set up a bit but for the size of the system it is truely shocking.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links