Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diesel Prices

rambler

For the first time in a few weeks (didnt get used much during xmas),i had to re-fill the rav4 with diesel on way home from work.

Blimey ! ! !,for the first time, i broke the £50 barrier for 3 / 4 tank....tesco charging £1:30.9 per liter :angry:

This is getting scary.

On conversing with customers where i work,it sounded like that is cheap :eek:

Other garages hovering around the £1:33 mark :o

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bothwell_buyer

• rambler

• crofter

• anchorman

You are a very,very brave fellow,Rambler, stating that you use supermarket derv knowing you are likely to draw the wrath of members who would frown on that action :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Del

I filled up with BP Ultimate before New Year.

It was already £1.369 per litre then.

Scared to look now.

Someone in Bournemouth was saying it was £1.489 per litre before Christmas.

Our local Tesco has gone to 130.9 per litre for diesel whilst Asda has managed to keep the price at 127.9 and there is still another 3p per litre of duty to be added before April. I guess we should all buy shares in Nissan as the Leaf is going to be selling very well at this rate.

Vegetable Oil at the local cash and carry is just £1.10 a litre !!

You are a very,very brave fellow,Rambler, stating that you use supermarket derv knowing you are likely to draw the wrath of members who would frown on that action :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Del

Brave i may well be my good man,but money is something most of us are short of at the mo.....and as they state...' Every Little Helps ' :D

And i aint paying a penny more than i have to..,think i reflect most drivers opinions here.;)

Better in my pocket than the governments :thumbsup:

Hear,Hear, with you all the way on that one!!!!

Del

Working in public transport I can see just what a derisory attitiude the government has towards a proper integrated transport system. They are making noises now about an £8bn investment in new trains that will only scratch the surface of what is needed and make us look good during the olympics to those that stay in the home counties. The rest of the country has trains that are all over 20 years old. "Green policy" my backside.

The sneaky festering bags of weasels are quite happy for there to be 3 or 4 cars on evry driveway because of the revenue they get from taxes and duties so these fuel hikes are music to their ears. They are lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut when they can do this and then overlook the criminal act of stealing taxes that we would be imprisoned for.

Kerrrching

The rest of the country has trains that are all over 20 years old.

The trains I drive are 35 years old!

Just be glad you don't have to fill up your diesel Rav quite as much as those of us with petrol Ravs :driving:

Just be glad you don't have to fill up your diesel Rav quite as much as those of us with petrol Ravs :driving:

I'm just glad I don't have to fill up a diesel train. Which was allegedly waxing in the tanks round by us during the very cold snap. True? or just a convenient excuse for the lack of a train crew? Must have been some old school "BR" types on that morning ;).

The sneaky festering bags of weasels are quite happy for there to be 3 or 4 cars on evry driveway because of the revenue they get from taxes and duties so these fuel hikes are music to their ears. They are lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut when they can do this and then overlook the criminal act of stealing taxes that we would be imprisoned for.

Kerrrching

Well said.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It is scary; The V-Power I'd put in before Xmas was cheaper than what regular diesel is now near me :eek:

Robbing barstewards, the lot of 'em. Regardless of who was voted in they all know motorists are an easy target. Not like we can just stop buying the stuff is it? They have us by the short and curlys and to be quite honest, it stinks.

A few waxed I think but it only got to -12C here so quite warm compared to some parts.

Your having new ones Duncs when the bag of weasels decides which manufacturer will bribe them enough.

Robbing barstewards, the lot of 'em. Regardless of who was voted in they all know motorists are an easy target. Not like we can just stop buying the stuff is it? They have us by the short and curlys and to be quite honest, it stinks.

And thats putting it politely :angry::angry:

The rest of the country has trains that are all over 20 years old.

The trains I drive are 35 years old!

I guess you must have just come back from a 3 month journey between Altrincham and Watford by train? How are you for goodness sake ??

Dinna worry about petrol price - I have written to the Gov to say I will take number 1 RAV off the road unless they drop the VPower price. I must pay around £3m a year between VPower and whisky duty.

I'm just glad I don't have to fill up a diesel train. Which was allegedly waxing in the tanks round by us during the very cold snap. True? or just a convenient excuse for the lack of a train crew? Must have been some old school "BR" types on that morning ;).

Having a fleet of oil burning monsters now, I can vouch that the dieselly oil waxed merrily in the spells of -20C we had. It doesn't wax in the tank but at the points of coldernessisity which is generally the filters and wee thin pipes to the injectors... as we found when we had to give life giving blood to the 6 cylinder generator beastie.

Now, who has the answer to bleaching red diesel green ? Just add Turmeric ???

Doesn't turmeric have anti-inflammatory properties,? :unsure:

Don't think that would help in fuel for your 6 cyl chugger :rolleyes::lol: and surely you were not thinking of depriving our generous government of the teeny tiny bit of tax that they are forced to,which goes against all their ethics,plead with us to spare in these hard times?

Have you NO patriotic sense of duty,man,after all their efforts on our behalf.

Blood,sweat and tears they have given just so we can all hold our heads up high and shout to the World WE HAVE NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD!!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Del :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

As far as I know our juice comes out the same ground as the americans who pay $2.30 a US gallon for it (40p litre).

I'm so happy that we are so rich - £1 a litre goes to the government; £4.50 from every fag packet goes to the government; £12 from each bottle of whisky goes to the government; they already tax my pension payments........ its enough for me to consider adopting 2000 children ! Or is the child allowance going to be means tested along with housing benefit which I don't get anyway?? :wacko: :wacko:

Given that the diesel price has to underpin the loss of corporation tax paid by the banks no longer (subtle return to topic) where is all our money going? I'll ask the VAT inspector when I meet them on Monday! (Serves me right for asking for VAT back for our charity!) :crybaby: :crybaby:

Looks like I will be keeping the Golf and maximising it's return of 50mpg over the coming months...

I'm so happy that we are so rich - £1 a litre goes to the government; £4.50 from every !Removed! packet goes to the government; £12 from each bottle of whisky goes to the government; they already tax my pension payments........ its enough for me to consider adopting 2000 children ! Or is the child allowance going to be means tested along with housing benefit which I don't get anyway?? :wacko: :wacko:

Given that the diesel price has to underpin the loss of corporation tax paid by the banks no longer (subtle return to topic) where is all our money going? I'll ask the VAT inspector when I meet them on Monday! (Serves me right for asking for VAT back for our charity!) :crybaby: :crybaby:

Need to take a leaf out of the Frenchies' book. When they don't like a policy or a tax, they don't moan about it, they go on strike or burn something. Whinging will get you nowhere, especially when you whinge to people who agree with you! Spend the 10 minutes it takes to write a whingemail and send one to your MP pointing out that you won't vote for him again (even though you probably didn't anyway). They might be thieving useless b@5tards but they do take notice if they think their gravy train is gonna hit the buffers.

I'm so happy that we are so rich - £1 a litre goes to the government; £4.50 from every fag packet goes to the government; £12 from each bottle of whisky goes to the government; they already tax my pension payments........ its enough for me to consider adopting 2000 children ! Or is the child allowance going to be means tested along with housing benefit which I don't get anyway?? :wacko: :wacko:

Need to take a leaf out of the Frenchies' book. When they don't like a policy or a tax, they don't moan about it, they go on strike or burn something. Whinging will get you nowhere, especially when you whinge to people who agree with you! Spend the 10 minutes it takes to write a whingemail and send one to your MP pointing out that you won't vote for him again (even though you probably didn't anyway). They might be thieving useless b@5tards but they do take notice if they think their gravy train is gonna hit the buffers.

Indeed.

I have written to several MPs of various parties; some MSPs who can do nothing but agree; Councillors who spend my money; and several forums.

Like the French, I prefer the direct approach but the local police prefer I don't and until I either operate at night or gather 100,000 others, then I'm stuck. The last TOC gathering I went to amounted to 9 folk and 8 cars.... not the sort of numbers to make the local polis worry altho the calibre of the folk attending was excellent of course!

Now that Big Kev has joined in, perhaps we can create a riot in Auchtermuchty.

I'm so happy that we are so rich - £1 a litre goes to the government; £4.50 from every !Removed! packet goes to the government; £12 from each bottle of whisky goes to the government; they already tax my pension payments........ its enough for me to consider adopting 2000 children ! Or is the child allowance going to be means tested along with housing benefit which I don't get anyway?? :wacko: :wacko:

Indeed.

I have written to several MPs of various parties; some MSPs who can do nothing but agree; Councillors who spend my money; and several forums.

Like the French, I prefer the direct approach but the local police prefer I don't and until I either operate at night or gather 100,000 others, then I'm stuck. The last TOC gathering I went to amounted to 9 folk and 8 cars.... not the sort of numbers to make the local polis worry altho the calibre of the folk attending was excellent of course!

Now that Big Kev has joined in, perhaps we can create a riot in Auchtermuchty.

Yes, Mr. Fawkes was on the right track......

At least the road tax isn't too bad. Just got my renewal through and its still £180 for 12 months. My last car would've been £425!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links