Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diesel Prices

rambler

Can beat you all!!!!!! £1.38p per litre for Total or Shell on island.(Diesel)

Regards Clare

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bothwell_buyer

• rambler

• crofter

• anchorman

Robbing barstewards, the lot of 'em. Regardless of who was voted in they all know motorists are an easy target. Not like we can just stop buying the stuff is it? They have us by the short and curlys and to be quite honest, it stinks.

And thats putting it politely :angry::angry:

WHAT HAVE I STARTED WITH THIS THREAD.........:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OOOOOPS :thumbsup:

BUT.....if the whole country got together and stopped useing fuel for a week,..i wonder what would would happen :eek:

Nowt would go nowhere :o

That would be like....having more snow :rolleyes:

Robbing barstewards, the lot of 'em. Regardless of who was voted in they all know motorists are an easy target. Not like we can just stop buying the stuff is it? They have us by the short and curlys and to be quite honest, it stinks.

And thats putting it politely :angry::angry:

WHAT HAVE I STARTED WITH THIS THREAD.........:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OOOOOPS :thumbsup:

BUT.....if the whole country got together and stopped useing fuel for a week,..i wonder what would would happen :eek:

Nowt would go nowhere :o

That would be like....having more snow :rolleyes:

We need the UK version of the Americans' Tea Party movement, i.e. mobilise political support based on policies not parties (yes, I know most TP members are Republicans but there are a good number of Democrats in there as well). The fact is that they have a healthy distrust of govt and apply pressure to making the politicians relinquish control over as many of the things that impact people's lives (& wallets!) as possible. All the parties in UK don't give a ***** about the majority of people and certainly not about motorists/bikers. Wasn't it Cameroon who slagged off Darling about the fuel duty escalator before the election and promised to do something to balance duty increases against oil price rises? And what has he done? He's allowed a 15% increase in duty since he came to power, the thieving, lying, hypocritical b@5tard - although I'm told he speaks highly of me......

Diesel price today here is £1.28 a ltre at the local Shell outlet. £1.31.9 for Vpower petrol for the flying machine but its going to have to go into the garage for a check on the brakes next week. The rear ones have at last succumbed to wear.

Diesel price today here is £1.28 a ltre at the local Shell outlet. £1.31.9 for Vpower petrol for the flying machine but its going to have to go into the garage for a check on the brakes next week. The rear ones have at last succumbed to wear.

My local Shell station is still holding diesel price at £1.27.9/litre too. Not sure how long that will last but, being a Shell company owned station, they always undercut the franchisees and indies in the area by a couple of pennies/litre.

Price of diesel now very close to when I bought the RAV in summer of 2008.

Lol + lots of quiet chuckles

Sorry guys, couldnt help having a quiet giggle....

Wifes petrol Aygo does 55 mpg at 1.239 feom our local Tescos with RFL at 20.00 pa

My Prius does upwards of 60mpg at the same price with NO RFL...

Admitted neither will go offroad, or at least not deliberately, and neither would carry what a rav will, but cost-wise methinks I'm in front :thumbsup:

Are the students the only brave british people left ?

They only squeze money out of our pockets untill everybody stands up and stop them,

the choice is yours .

My landrover has cost almost nothing in fuel in the past 2 years; lives off road; has nil road tax cos it was built in 1963 and still awaits completion of its engine swap 2 years on !! :lol: :lol: The insurance costs £64 pa fully comp and at current scrap metal prices is now worth £650.

Wifes petrol Aygo does 55 mpg at 1.239 feom our local Tescos with RFL at 20.00 pa

Admitted neither will go offroad, or at least not deliberately, and neither would carry what a rav will, but cost-wise methinks I'm in front :thumbsup:

...and on the wrong part of the forum if they're your cars! :yes: :D :)

Not suprising that the Aygo does 60mpg, then it does only weigh the same as the Rav's spare wheel (those that have one) ;)

In this weather especially, I'd rather pay a bit more per mile driven for the extra level of safety and confidence that the Rav affords me.

Not suprising that the Aygo does 60mpg, then it does only weigh the same as the Rav's spare wheel (those that have one) ;)

In this weather especially, I'd rather pay a bit more per mile driven for the extra level of safety and confidence that the Rav affords me.

Neither could tow my horse box... let alone transport my bikes and all my gear....

We use or choose the RAV for it's abilities to deliver an ability we need....The down side can be more MPG but that is outweighed by the 4x4 and extra safety.... :unsure: :unsure:

I paid £1.32ppl today... just to bring this back on topic :huh: and this fill up will last me the week... unless the M25 misbehaves and I have to burn a bigger hole in the ozone....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Neither could tow my horse box... let alone transport my bikes and all my gear....

We use or choose the RAV for it's abilities to deliver an ability we need....The down side can be more MPG but that is outweighed by the 4x4 and extra safety.... :unsure: :unsure:

I paid £1.32ppl today... just to bring this back on topic :huh: and this fill up will last me the week... unless the M25 misbehaves and I have to burn a bigger hole in the ozone....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now Guys,all are part of the great Toyota family so play nicely and no falling out :) :)

Del

Students want flogging for the damage they caused. There has to be something better.

Would stuffing the tax grabbing :censor: down the aformentioned hole in the ground be a good start?

There are some many of them it might push more oil out and make it cheaper.

Might not do any good but I would feel better.

Del

Would stuffing the tax grabbing :censor: down the aformentioned hole in the ground be a good start?

There are some many of them it might push more oil out and make it cheaper.

Might not do any good but I would feel better.

Del

Aye....me too

But like Chatman says,i need a bigger vehicle with 4wd for my hobbies / interests & to be able to drive right past ' jan & tone ' when they are spinning their front wheels in the snow :lol: ,so we pay's our money & we take's our choice.

Just wish it was'nt so much.:rolleyes:

Chatman and rambler, couldnt agree more mates, we all made our choice when we bought our cars for whatever reasons, i do NOT subscribe tothe Chelsea tractor knockers for the simple reason that it is a free country - well supposed to be anyway, my purchases were My choice and a direct protest against paying exhorbitant RFL and petrol taxes, and as i dont need the pulling power i made my choice and am happy with them.

As for the snow/ice, i didnt expect my Prius to be able to handle it as well as you guys in your Rav's, but I was surprised how well the Aygo coped and very pleased too!!!

Keep up the protests guys, the Rav is a great car, I just dont need one...

:thumbsup:

Students want flogging for the damage they caused. There has to be something better.

:wacko: torch em? :yahoo:

everybody should ring work in the morning and say they cant get to work as they cant afford the price of diesel/petrol. the country would soon come to a standstill lol

everybody should ring work in the morning and say they cant get to work as they cant afford the price of diesel/petrol. the country would soon come to a standstill lol

LOL!!! I'm sure my boss would love to hear that!

Give it another 12 months and you'll need a £50k+ job to even be able to keep a car on the road!

I paid £1.27 at morrisons a few days ago. That usually gets me 330-350 miles from click to fuel light (about 45 litres) so about 33-35mpg and that should last me 2 weeks all being well!

I feel sorry for people who do much more miles than me, it's them that get hit hardest.

LOL!!! I'm sure my boss would love to hear that!

Give it another 12 months and you'll need a £50k+ job to even be able to keep a car on the road!

I paid £1.27 at morrisons a few days ago. That usually gets me 330-350 miles from click to fuel light (about 45 litres) so about 33-35mpg and that should last me 2 weeks all being well!

I feel sorry for people who do much more miles than me, it's them that get hit hardest.

We all buy things for their purpose and need...No bad feelings meant on here....:wub: :wub: :wub:

My boss would like this one as well.... Well there is the alternative to use the train to work.... It's never on time, always problems on it, cramped carriages, always breaking down... and the fares have gone up 10%... would cost me about £35 a day...:huh:

So the car is still the best... Me and my wife both need to run a car...we don't work near each other...and part of my job entails me travelling all around the country...Edinburgh next week for a few days... But Mr Easyjet takes care of that one...B) B)

Not that it affected alot of people but we have been draining a few tanks of diesel that people filled up before christmas at Shell , sainsburys , asda because the diesel was summer stuff and didnt have the anti wax agent in it and it went to sludge in the tank.

new fuel filter

clean the lines

drian tank (40 litres in most cases)

some only put £10 £20 pound in so it got used pretty quick but for others who filled up and left it on the drive it was a costly fill :crybaby:

on a lighter note my rav won't run on it but some got mixed into my own biofuel i make so i had a few free fills in the 90 :thumbsup: i needed it as it does 18mpg :ffs: but that is my own fault lol

Do you know....the bizarre thing is,i bought the rav4 because i live out in the sticks,so i was able to get to work come what may.

I cannot afford a property in colchester where i work,so have to drive in from where i live....more fuel.

I cannot afford a property where i live now,as property is too expensive in our village..so live at home still :rolleyes:

And fuel is getting expensive as well now,just can't win..:crybaby:

Never mind......tis time to book a holiday..:yahoo:

Commuting was becoming so long that I retired from work instead... 15 years ago. Still have to wait a few years for my government state pension tho. Perhaps some of us could club together and import fuel from the USA ?? At 40p a gallon it must be worth it?

Filled up with diesel today it was £1.43.9 a litre.

Think I will have to get a few ponies to tow the rav around.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links