Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2Zz-Ge Turbo Build Thread

scott5

hey guys well thought it was time to start my build thread on my 2zz-ge turbo engine am building just recently got all my uprated parts for my head and all parts to the fuel the engine lol. so now got sum pics ill be able to show you wats goin on nd that its not just a story.

plans for the engine are

MWR stage 3 camshafts

MWR uprated valve springs

MWR uprated valves

MWR 900cc injectors

MWR 255lph fuel pump

Gready oil filter adapter block ( sandwhich plate)

wiseco low compresion piston (8:1)

crower forged con-rods

ACL main bearings and rod bearings

Darton sleeves

Toda oil pump

ARP head studs, rod studs and main studs

Moroso sump-( baffeled and oil return)

Kaaz differential

TRD paddle clutch

Custom head gasket

TRD short shifter

MWR garret GT35 turbo kit with custom manifold and down pipe

Custom exhaust system

MOTEC stand alone ECU

think thats it all lol ill keep this up to date :thumbsup:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scott5

• KPARRIS-JONES

• Clawliger

• nrgizerbunny

:eek: youve got my attention ,have you got any power figures and a timescale in mind

time scale ahhh id love to have the engien and everythin built for end off this year year its a long time but still on apprentices wadges lol the parts arnt to bad to buy its the engineerin thats gonna cost.power figures well am hoping 500bhp. my mates turbo type R has 410bhp on 16psi on garret gt 37 turbo with only forged bottom end internals no head work.ill have head work soo we will see. and am not sure who to get the motec done yet mate was thinkin fensport but its along way to trailor a car cuz am not drivin it when its finished till got a base map on it / run in map but they are the people when it comes to motec

:eek: youve got my attention ,have you got any power figures and a timescale in mind

time scale ahhh id love to have the engien and everythin built for end off this year year its a long time but still on apprentices wadges lol the parts arnt to bad to buy its the engineerin thats gonna cost.power figures well am hoping 500bhp. my mates turbo type R has 410bhp on 16psi on garret gt 37 turbo with only forged bottom end internals no head work.ill have head work soo we will see. and am not sure who to get the motec done yet mate was thinkin fensport but its along way to trailor a car cuz am not drivin it when its finished till got a base map on it / run in map but they are the people when it comes to motec

Interesting, You have the main parts to play it safe so i cant see why you shouldnt see some real good numbers. Fensport are your best bet with the motec, how come you havent considered a PFC for this btw?

tbh mate i dunno lol. wat do they actually do ?? able to adjust lift and fueling ??

pics of the parts and few other things

lol or not says files are to big ill take pic on my phone later

Om nom nom, for the first time ever, the 2ZZ-GE is getting exciting around here, CTS Supercharger and now this!!! :thumbsup:

Pfc would be ideal. And yes it controls lift,fuel,ignition and vvt. Motecs are proper dxpensive to set up.

:thumbsup: thank you but .. wil the pfc be able to adjust the fueling enough ?? i no standalones you get mental amount of adjustment of fueling and ignition like to be able to have enough fuel at full throttle but very little amount on idil.. we have this problem with a starlet had alot work done to it with big injectors and fuel pump etc but only has a piggyback ecu . it fuels fine all the way up to the rev limiter but u cant turnn the fuel down enough on idil and low revs pritty shit to drive round if ur not drivin it hard

Yer its brilliant. Check out www.9thgencorolla.com theres a few F/I builds on there that use the PFC. Its so far the best ecu for the 2zz.

Yer its brilliant. Check out www.9thgencorolla.com theres a few F/I builds on there that use the PFC. Its so far the best ecu for the 2zz.

really damn need to look into that bit more then thanks clawliger and farhanali89

:thumbsup:

Id say apexi is the way to go for sure. Theres a few companys like thor-racing and se7en motorsport who are very good at setting up the apexi on a 2zz. Youll need the one made for the celica and a harness made up of course.

ok i will look into this. dose anyone no what hydra is lol ?? sumone wrote back on the 9th gen forum saying dont forget hydra?? lol

Its another stand- alone ecu. But apexi is supposed to be better. Also if it helps Thor-racong offer there Link ecu aswell. They use it on there 2zz swaps into mr2's.

Its another stand- alone ecu. But apexi is supposed to be better. Also if it helps Thor-racong offer there Link ecu aswell. They use it on there 2zz swaps into mr2's.

is it. iv never heard of it before tbh. just been looking at the apexi and they seem pritty decent :thumbsup:.. ok great thanks again

That looks great, your first rolla looks great aswell. Good luck with the build will surely have my eyes locked onto this thread.

Thanks mate million times beter than a saxo or sumit for first car. I cnt wait to get it finishd now people see pics nd stuf they see its true. Had alot of stick sayin am 19 3rd year apprentice mechanic how could you build an engine like that nd spend money like that. Oh nd the skirts on the side and the rear bumper were on the car when I bought it mate. I didnt notice till I had it a while that not many have the skirts

Cool man. I can see how youd afford it. You must not have any money for living lol. Ive been through my apprenticeship. But fair play. You know what you want.

out of interest how much bhp will the car produce after all this is done and tuned etc? 250?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links