Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2Zz-Ge Turbo Build Thread

scott5

My fuel system 1000cc injectors ..MWR fuelrail with return lines. 1:1 AEMfuel pressure regulator .. braided fuel lines front to back. Swirl pot.. Race fuel tank which am in middle of buying and 2 seprate feed lines feeding to 2 Bosch 044 fuel pumps then feed into 1 main feed pipe .. just going with what i know works ill pist up a pik of what i did before :D

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scott5

• KPARRIS-JONES

• Clawliger

• nrgizerbunny

Nrgizerbunny standered injectors would definatly get maxed out in my build like u said ill be wanting to run 1:8 bar of boost. If you ever make a system that has 2 fuel pumps never run them inline with each other always feeding into a Y shape. The reason you run 2 pumps is to increase the volume of flow not pressure.. running 2 pumps inline with each other increases the pressure by around a bar from what i have seen as there fighting against each other and turnning up fuel pressure to high can actualy start to max out your fuel pump which alot of people dont realise

Lol KP dont get.to wasted i want to see pics of your engine see who wins :P lol

• 3 weeks later...

I won't lie... I think I may have met my match with this one :lol: I am trying to make sure everything is as clean as it can be but I don't have the funds necessary to fight 20 years of crap! :lol:

That said... we can have an engine bay arse-off when we have both finished. I'm talking a dedicated Thread here!! :lol::thumbsup:

KP

OP

1000cc injectors i was like :eek: that must be running so mad boost ,i know u said your looking at 1.8bar ftw.

any ideas on how your looking to map it , what kind of characteristics are you looking for ? linear or the old !Removed! of ignition at 5000rpm :D

KP its a deal lol you should get your liscence so you can get one of your.cars to santa pod next.year so we can see whos cars best lol altho i do love your white gti would love to have one

...pimpchez lol yes high boost ftw :D.. i prob wont be mapping it myself. I think i will be taken it to TDI North to get it mapped there shit hot at it and are good at track side assistance :D

• 1 month later...

well iv just got my other corolla threw the mot yesterday that a swapped my 1.4 engine into, it used to be the t-sport .." not the easiest swap iv done " but got a car on the road again lol... anyway iv got my MWR pulleys on order and a belt for no A/C for my turbo engine , so should be across to put on my engine hopfully next week just been painting loads of parts to put on the engine and cleaning up the water hoses and i need to seal up the engine bay a little bit nd tidy it up and sort the loom out for the engine bay, then should have the engine in am off if a few days so it should be all done for a week today :D happy days just over a year and ALOT of money later lol :D

500BHP GOAL IS GETTING CLOSER :D

scott

good to hear theres progress bud hopefully see u up crail next season with it so i can :drool:

defo mate. ware bouts in scotland you stay? you go to crail alot ?

Good stuff dude, make sure you video the actual first start! :D It took me a while to actually get it started but it gives people a better idea of what goes into these builds.

KP

good to hear theres progress bud hopefully see u up crail next season with it so i can :drool:

defo mate. ware bouts in scotland you stay? you go to crail alot ?

im from paisley end bud so dont get up much tbh saw u last time when i was up when u got ur picture in the mag :thumbsup:

Cool mate. Ahh at banzai haha yes that was a good day parked beside my friends evo as well :D next time i will be front cover of it .. hopfully lol

• 2 weeks later...

Not posted pics up for a while on hear so ill need to do it 2moz but i can say my engine is totaly finished ready to go in and the gear box painted. Am in the middle of painting my subframe back axle and steering rack etc looks amazing :D. Engine looms finished. Cant wait to start it :D

IMAG0630.jpg

IMAG0631.jpg

IMAG0633.jpg

and pics of the subframe and everything else under the car is getting painted i have put a base coat of hammerite and ill paint over it. with this colour :D

IMAG0629.jpg

and ill be getting my front and rear roll bars done in candy blue :D

That is all looking insanely HAWT!!! :thumbsup: I remember painting all my stuff up, bloody loved it!

Great stuff dude, the engine is looking sexy as hell. :drool:

KP

That is all looking insanely HAWT!!! :thumbsup: I remember painting all my stuff up, bloody loved it!

Great stuff dude, the engine is looking sexy as hell. :drool:

KP

haha its great fun isnt it dude :D. i wont wanna drive it when its finished it will be so clean lol

Why do you think I've "struggled" to get my license?... I don't want to drive her and make her dirty! :lol::thumbsup:

KP

Why do you think I've "struggled" to get my license?... I don't want to drive her and make her dirty! :lol::thumbsup:

KP

lol ill let you off then KP :P

Have you got an LSD in that box?

I was looking at getting one of these NRG, This was the best priced I could find in the UK LSD

the Quaife ATB Helical LSD is the one to go for.

THe only problem I came across was finding someone to fit it for a resonable price, once the gearbox is off a 'special tool' is needed to seperate the (thinks*) 5th and 6th gears to be able to fit it. Prices were 500 to fit the beast.

Hope that helps, bamber might know more as he has had his apart more than most.

Luke

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links