Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Malfunction

DSBrewer1933

Recently when the icy weather was upon us, my wife found that she was unable to get the car to initiate ie "start" and the Battery went flat. I used a starter pack,correctly attached to the connection in the fuse box and to the chassis as reccomended in the hand book. The car started and after running ,having disconnected the pack, we were back to normal and have been since. However when I later tried to use the sat nav I get the message "a program cannot be read. please cosult to a dealer" which I did when the car went to our local Toyota dealer for service. They couldnt give answer other than we might have to change a unit which could be expensive. Can anybody give me a clue as to a possible remedy???

Recently when the icy weather was upon us, my wife found that she was unable to get the car to initiate ie "start" and the battery went flat. I used a starter pack,correctly attached to the connection in the fuse box and to the chassis as reccomended in the hand book. The car started and after running ,having disconnected the pack, we were back to normal and have been since. However when I later tried to use the sat nav I get the message "a program cannot be read. please cosult to a dealer" which I did when the car went to our local Toyota dealer for service. They couldnt give answer other than we might have to change a unit which could be expensive. Can anybody give me a clue as to a possible remedy???

It is possible the lens on the dvd player that reads the disc is dirty try a dvd cleaning disc if you have one or can borrow one nothing to loose.

It could be that it's thrown a bit of a wobbler as so to speak.

It may be a case of disconnecting the Battery for a while so that everything resets.

It is possible the lens on the dvd player that reads the disc is dirty try a dvd cleaning disc if you have one or can borrow one nothing to loose.

+1 I bet that it is just a dirty lense, perhaps even with the cold some condensation on it, that kind of thing.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links