Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Convert Back To Toyotas (A G6R This Time)

So I bought a G6R

Tis silly really only 0.2 seconds quicker than the 5 speed...

Seeing that I'm 5'11" have a 48" chest and weigh about 18 stone 0.2 seconds is the least of my worrys :thumbsup::yahoo: :D :D :D

I've just had a look under the bonnet of my SR and theres NO sound proofing, guess that makes my car cheap ;) lol

How about you do the wheels orange or green ?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• So I bought a G6R

• KPARRIS-JONES

• PaulinhoT

• Ben_G6

Maybe your previous owner already started the weight-saving campaign you had planned Paul?!

I'm after low-key for this car, which is why the white wheels will be going. As far as orange or green, no way I'm afraid!

I've just had a look under the bonnet of my SR and theres NO sound proofing, guess that makes my car cheap ;) lol

The SR came without soundproofing from the factory.

John

Cool, thanks John, I was going to look under the carpets just to see if it was there too.

Also " So I bought a G6R" how about matt black wheels? simply yet cool..

Paul, I need to get a really good side view shot of the car with the white wheels on, then I'm going to let/get someone who knows the wonders of photoshop to try some different colour schemes for me. Matt black could look cool, and would certainly be easy to keep clean! I have no idea what the 6-spokes would look like in a different colour. It's going to be a couple of weeks until I get the chance to change all of them over - spotted a hole in the rear silencer which was missed on the MOT so will have to attend to that first.

Just wondering, what tyre pressures are yours set to - 32 all round?

cheers!

I had mine at 34, but have dropped them to 32..

The reason I had them at 34 was down to short trips with lots of medium to high speed corners on.. sounds odd but its what I like lol.

Just to add, I have mine at 28 psi all round and it seems to like it that way....

4psi is quite a difference, but as long as they're the same all the way round I guess its all personal preference.

I prefer mine at 32psi all round, just wanted to check what you had Paul for when I fit my white alloys onto the car.

Cheers guys!

Ok so I thought I'd try the white wheels on the car, but I really am not keen on the way it drives compared to the standard G6R alloys so I will be refurbing the OG wheels at some point and will sell these on.

I'm running it around like this for a week or so to see if I change my mind ;->

06062011347whitewheels.jpg

06062011346whitewheels.jpg

Oh yeah, and the sprayed up TTE rear spoiler should be on the way this week :yes:

Had my replica tte wing sprayed up.

Tried to fit it today - won't fit :(

Nice looking wheels :thumbsup:

Ben how come the wing didn't fit ?

Just not very well made i guess?

The one side / half lines up really well but then other end is just off completely. Its almost as if the spoiler has bowed a little bit? The curvature is just slightly off towards the one end basically but it's enough for it to not fit properly at all :(

I'm so disappointed.. Just hope I can get a refund or replacement. Shame genuine ones are so rare..

Sorry to hear your woes Ben, damn shame when you thought you'd got it sorted :-<

Would it straighten out once fitted ?

Would it straighten out once fitted ?

Unfortunately not. We really did try everything.. it did sort of fit as the bolts were tightened but still nowhere near as the bolt hole on the side that didn't lay correctly was out of line so it wouldn't go.. I'll post some pics up on here actually.

Don't mean to hi-jack your thread G6R! Your rolla is looking very well with the MiMs! I would get 'em refurbed in gloss white, paint your calipers red and I think you'd be looking top notch!

Here is the spoiler sitting near enough flush and as it should on the 'good side'.

IMG_0150.jpg

And, with it held in the same position, here is what it looks like on the bad side;

IMG_0151.jpg

The gap;

IMG_0152.jpg

In this picture you can see quite clearly how it's formed quite well but then as it gets to the one end the shape / form is just completely off..

IMG_0153.jpg

So as you can image I'm really dissapointed.. especially since I had it painted too! :censor: I know I should of check fitment beforehand but it took son long to arrive I didn't have chance.. It was also quite expensive and from a 'proper' aftermarket store on eBay so I was banking on it being good quality tbh.

WHY make something if it's just a load of rubbish!

Here's a cheeky pic of my G6 just to cheer things up!

IMG_0123.jpg

So yeah there you go - watch out / check over replicas people! If you find a genuine TTE item I suggest you snap it up or tell me about it! :yes:

Shame about your spoiler woes Ben. I don't know what to suggest other than to send those pics to the eBay seller and at least get them to refund you, or do a paypal claim on them if not?

I actually don't mind the look of the white wheels on my car but I don't like the way it rides. The OG wheels rolled much better and the car felt much better driving. I will be putting the old wheels back on this weekend I think, and will look to get them refurbed now. Not sure whether to go for silver and grey inserts or just make my life easier and go for silver...

The white MiM wheels may be going back on the white rolla to be sold with it if I can't pick up some G6 wheelnuts for pennies!

Thats a real crock Ben, Surely there mold can't be that off ? maybe he got heat damaged ?

The G6 looks lush by the way :thumbsup:

Thats a real crock Ben, Surely there mold can't be that off ? maybe he got heat damaged ?

The G6 looks lush by the way :thumbsup:

Maybe.. But not in my hands. It was in my room for a few days! Then it went to the bodyshop. They didn't bake it obviously cause it's fibreglass. The bodyshop I use is top notch!

If it were that susceptible to heat I'd be worried what'd happen if it was fitted to my car and left in the sun!

Yeah very true, &#33;Removed&#33; shame that...

Have you sent the company photos of it ?

Yeah very true, &#33;Removed&#33; shame that...

Have you sent the company photos of it ?

Yeah.. I told them about it and they asked to see the photos. I've sent them the photos and its been two days now and nothing..

I'm gonna give them another day before I launch a dispute with PaylPal/ eBay.. I really want a spoiler I can use and quickly! I'm now £100 odd down with a very well painted useless bit of fibreglass!

I pick my spoiler up tomorrow all sprayed up - can't wait!

The standard wheels are back on the car now, drives sooooo much better :thumbsup:

Pic of the spoiler installed coming soon.....

TTE spoiler all fitted up today!

15062011349.jpg

15062011350.jpg

ttespoiler.jpg

I'm thinking when I have some spare moulah to get the OG alloys painted up with bronze spokes and grey inserts possibly....

Missed this post, looks mighty good, well done.. :thumbsup:

How are you getting on with the wheels ??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links